A storm is coming (Briggs)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by F1na1, Apr 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F1na1

SAVE BRIGGS!!!!!!!!!!!
    just bumping this to the top. we will be heard, we will not go away
    • Up x 2
  2. Fangry

Just Merge Briggs with some Chinese server
  3. Blackinvictus

YOU GO MAN!!!
    • Up x 2
  4. Kn1fey

It has been over a month now and its pretty unacceptable for people paying for a service that they can not use. Memberships should be refunded, I have only put $20 into the game in the form of buying Station Cash but there are people who have put a lot of money into the game and they can not even play then game.
    • Up x 2
  5. NovaAustralis

• Up x 4
  6. Kulantan

Exactly this. This issue has been chronic, SOE have had a month to fix this and yet nothing. They have had a month to communicate and yet almost nothing (more about Higby's dog in the last week than in the last month about our serious server problems). This is beyond a joke and into the realm of refund or legal consequence, namely through the ACCC.
    • Up x 3
  7. Kn1fey

A service has a major problem when:
    • it is substantially unfit for its common purpose and can’t easily be fixed within a reasonable time
    • it does not meet the specific purpose you asked for and cannot easily be fixed within a reasonable time

For a major problem with a service, you can choose to receive compensation for the drop in value below the price paid, or a refund.

http://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/repair-replace-refund
    • Up x 4
  8. BlackBulletIV

It may be a slow burning fire, but Briggs is burning down. One by one players break off; you can see it in the graphs.
    • Up x 1
  9. BurntToast

#SaveBriggs2014
    • Up x 1
  10. RipperTR

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  11. SerialNumber1221

i logged in ths afternoon, insta login....

now, lets see if i can get in tonight.....
  12. Rougey

I had to wait ten minuets.

Pretty quick.
    • Up x 1
  13. SerialNumber1221

NOPE

IT'S TAKING THE USUAL RIDICULOUS TIME AGAIN!
    • Up x 1
  14. Best AssassinAU

#SaveBriggs2014
    • Up x 1
  15. RaZz0R

bumped! Since I also got a one day ban for trying to get SOE to look in to this - I am willing to go fairly far as well!
    • Up x 1
  16. Kulantan

I have been on Briggs since day two (I started downloading late on the first day). I love this server, I love the people, even those I hate, I love PS2; but I have had enough. I have to bring a book to log into the sever. If I crash while leading I have to pass on leadership because I know I'm not going to get into game in less than 10 mins. If I want to collect my daily certs (for which I pay membership) for all three of my Briggs characters then that is **at least** half an hour of my life down the drain.

This is not an acceptable level of service, to put it mildly. We are pissed as hell.

On a related note; this is the last we heard of a Briggs specific micro-stutter issue. We haven't heard if that has been resolve or is ongoing or anything. We have been left in the dark about our server specific issues because apparently SOE can't be bothered to keep us even moderately informed.

Currently the "Briggs log in problem" thread is the longest thread on the front page of the tech support forum and yet we have had less communication about our crippling on-going issue in the last month than we have had about Higby's dog in the last week. We have been ignored. We have been mistreated. We have endured quietly for ******* long enough.

SAVE BRIGGS!
    • Up x 1
  17. Lufeng

HALP
    • Up x 1
  18. Kunavi

Wishing you the best of Luck with this!
  19. P4nda

This is getting a little ridiculous.

Reddit wiped everything related to your concerns for the server because you lot approached the issue from a completely inappropriate angle. You pretty much embarrassed yourselves for the whole PS2 community to see, and it's not pretty. Reddit now dislikes and is tired of everything Briggs related and it's time to settle down before you lose the respect of this community.

We understand you're all mad. We really do. Really.

Honestly.

...seriously, we got it after the 10th time.

I'm seriously not trying to be offensive, but it's hard to ignore this (the community spam) issue. Members of every server can appreciate your position - we've all had CTDs, login issues, lag spikes, poor FPS, continent drops and mid-day rolling restarts. I personally understand how excruciatingly painful it is to sink real money into this game just to turn around and be disappointed by the service. But the constant ********, poisonous threads and reddit spam is the worst way to approach it.

If you truly don't think SOE is aware of the issue you're all delusional. They have in-house data crunched everyday and were the first people to be made aware of the problems. Observing the same data over and over would make it pretty apparent to the people who developped and monitor the game, that something is amiss. Not to mention the PR reps and mods on community websites reading this totally hostile community backlash.

The whole ordeal reminds me of /b/, and it needs to stop. As a Connery outfit officer and platoon leader I definitely do not want to see a Briggs merger now, and I would not be looking forward to playing with you if this is how you handle yourselves.

Now, a possible explanation for the issue is a ****** regional host. Stuff like this happens and contractors drop the ball. If this is the case, it'll be ironic because SOE would not be to blame. One thing to keep in mind, would be the fact that the submarine fibre optics running from mainland to Australia is generally understood to be the slowest, ****tiest fibre optic lines in the developed world. Read into it, they are.

A good way to save the reputation of Briggs is to do something positive. Stop the community spam, write an official (friendly) open letter from a Briggs rep to Smed and Higby and every exec you can get ahold of, and make it a point to never lose your logic again.

I feel really bad for you guys and if Connery were having the same issues I'd be just as ticked, but it's a complete and utter copout to try and justify this nonsense.

/rant.

Edit: I realize this is way too general of a post: to all of you mature, emotionally stable Briggs players who have given their two cents, voiced their problems and opinions and are now waiting appropriately, ignore what was said. To the Briggs heartbreaking spammers, re read this post please.
  20. Kulantan

We got it after we COULDN'T LOG IN WITHIN 5 MINUTES FOR MORE THAN A MONTH. We have been quiet, we have been patient, we have been constructive, we have been positive. Now we are being mad as hell.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.