New MCG is on the test server

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by hawken is better, Apr 4, 2014.

1. hawken is better

It has a new attachment called the Fast Action Refire Toggle that increases its rate-of-fire, I'm not sure by how much, though.

It's also much more accurate than it used to be.
  2. Jezs

Hopefully makes it a viable weapon, I regretted it about 2 seconds after buying it on the 99sc sale
  3. Wingman

It makes me happy.
  4. doombro

I want to make love to it. If it had extended mags, I would die from the ecstasy.
  5. hawken is better

After a bit of use, it's fast and all, but I'd rather the new mechanic be built into the gun itself so that we could still use extended mags. Come on, SOE, we're begging you.
    • Up x 2
  6. Admiralty

Not too happy with this change, you can't plink away at enemies now with the new crosshairs. I feel that the old one fit the weapon well - now we just have an automatic shotgun.
  7. Aesir

*cough* Jackhammer *cough*
    • Up x 1
  8. Klondor

As far as i see it doing right now is give you a slightly faster RoF and spin-up. I'm very disappointed with this. Personally i believe this is a bandaid rather than a real update, It's still going to behave the same exact way except you're forced to give up extended mag for it. There is also a bug with it that increases your reticle size while crouching and aiming. I was really hoping for an underslung model, a properly increased RoF and spin mechanic... So i guess i can finally say:
    [IMG]
    • Up x 4
  9. BobSanders123

I believe this should just be implemented into the barrel slot. Makes sense doesn't it? You could have this and extended magazines. If not. Just put it into the weapon. As it stands the MCG is a crap weapon and needs a higher rpm that isnt outclassed by an NC carbine *ehm* GD-7F or a small wimpy sub machine gun.
    • Up x 3
  10. Maljas23

You guys seemed to have missed the new FIXED CoF in ADS.

I do think that it needs a magazine size buff to at least 150 rounds. Maybe the downside to using the RoF attachment is the ammo usage. I guess it makes sense but I still think it needs more than 100 rounds while using it...
    • Up x 1
  11. Klondor

I've noticed the new fixed CoF and i'm appreciative that they did that for us, but the overall conclusion is that the weapon barely changed at all.
  12. ghost001985

a new attachment called fast action refire toggle.

i personally dont see any change in the fire rant.

granted this is still the test server, and we dont know the numbers.
  13. Undeadfred

In my mind the fixes could be

1) Make the overdrive reduce (or possibly remove) the amount of rounds I have to dump before I get the benefit of the MCG. The issue is is I have to dump 1/4 of my mag before I get the RoF benefit.

2) Make it a barrel attachment. This way I can also equip extended mags.

3) Just make the RoF and CoF default.

4) Make the default mag bigger, or possibly no mag at all, but give it a heat indicator.
  14. Streetfighter

Bring back the old crosshair! It was the ONLY good thing on this weapon - you didn't have to change this.
    • Up x 1
  15. BarxBaron

Why did they change the crosshair??? It was the only truly unique thing about the damn gun!

In fact not only bring it back.......but give it to the Vulcan as well!

As for the rail attachment, I'm not sure how I feel about having to cert into our empire's trademark on a already trademark weapon..........
    • Up x 3
  16. DxAdder

I would love to see the attachment be a fire mode rather than use the rail slot or anything else but a rail slot.
    • Up x 1
  17. Nayrx

The difference I notice is that with the fast fire attachment up wind finishes and full rate of fire kicks in at round 25. The standard version full rate of fire starts at shot 20. Shouldn t full rate of fire kick in at round 20 for both?

Am I wrong about this? Or is this just a default sound effect that doesn't really affect performance?

also I think the mini gun need a larger magazine it should have more rounds than LMGs and yes I too liked the old crosshair better.
  18. Golconda

I like the changes, even if I think nobody will use the new attachment, since it doesn't help in 1 vs 1 encounters (once it reaches the full rpm someone is dead already) and doesn't help in 1 vs many for suppression usage (not enough bullets in the mag)
    the crosshair seems smaller and I didn't like to snipe ppl with the pinpoint ads accuracy it had before, that seemed way out of what the weapon was meant to do.

the problem with this weapon to me was the crosshair when 800 rpm was reached, too large to hit things consistently even on medium distance...now soe just put another 50 bullets in that magazine and we're good :)
  19. Psi

I don't see this happening, but damn, it would be nice. I always feel cheated that Vanu got a heat Sniper. :p