Ingame VOIP> Teamspeak

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AdamPA1006, Apr 6, 2014.

1. AdamPA1006

1. Can see who is talking
    2. Sound ducking
  2. Fubbles

It has to work consistently to be considered "better". I still have problems with in game voice dropping for extended periods of time.
    • Up x 5
  3. gigastar

TS3 > ingame VOIP

1. Many times more reliable.
    2. Can set up individual squad, squad leader, and PL > everyone channels.
    3. The rare instance in which TS3 stops working does not require the game to be shut down in order to fix it.

Also, get Overwolf. Its been coming with TS3 downloads recently, it looks stupid, but it provides an ingame overlay that can display who is in the channel, who is speaking and can be used to manage the server. All without having to minimise anything.
    • Up x 5
  4. Dibola

I use dual monitors and Ventrillo. :)
  5. Ghosty11

In game VOIP doesn't work for me beyond the first 5 minutes or so when I log in.
    • Up x 1
  6. SuperMedicated

in-game voip never failed on me, also i use it to do satanic or goose sounds to scare friendlies
  7. Archiadus

1. Dual monitor setup, can already see who's talking.
    2. Sound ducking is horrible, I don't mind when people talk about random crap but if that gets me killed because I can't hear an infiltrator uncloaking behind me it becomes a problem.

Also as pointed out by the others TS3 is much more reliable and has more options than the in-game VOIP.
  8. Robes

TS3 Sucks, Mumble is where its at, also has both an overlay and ducking, good quality, doesn't die every 5 minutes, plus i dont have to log into the game to bs with my friends.
    • Up x 1
  9. Michel

1. Use Overwolf (or another overlay plugin)
    2. Use a plugin (e.g. Volume Control)
    I think you meant "<" instead of ">"
  10. Phazaar

Always preferred Ingame voice myself, but that's because I'm one of the people who it works consistently for... For everyone else, it appears to be hell...
  11. JonboyX

In game voice got turned off at day 2 and I've never felt the need to enable it again.
    Maybe those original people who bombarded the airwaves with music are gone, but I just couldn't be bothered with the hassle tbh.

Might be better now. But the original interface was an awful all or nothing choice; so it's not like you could just enable outfit, squad or proximity.
  12. AdamPA1006

Thanks for the advice
  13. The Rogue Wolf

The primary problem with PS2's audio ducking is that it doesn't check with your ignore list to see if you should be hearing from someone- i.e. if someone is spamming a voice channel and you ignore them, the ducking continues.

Also, every third-party voice comms program worth its salt has an overlay function that can be configured.
  14. JudgeDeath

Ingame VOIP worked fine till the "Improved VOIP" patch.

After that it keeps flicking on and off randomly. Makes platoon and squad leading impossible.

I do hope they fix it because it is the largest "Game enjoyment ruining issue" atm, best about it is that it used to work near perfectly.