Extremely high ping on Ceres

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by AdamGrantBell, Apr 5, 2014.

1. AdamGrantBell

UK-based player experiencing very high lag on Ceres - pings in the 600-700ms range on a regular basis. It only started a patch or two ago, and as far as I can tell I'm not the only one experiencing it. Is the server malfunctioning?
  2. customer548

Hi,
    I was about to post about the same trouble.

I'm from France,and a have crazy lag spikes constantly. It comes from 83 ms (which is my usual ping on Ps2) to 300-600-2000 ms :s

I'd like to know if i'm the only one, or what...?
  3. QRLegion

No you are not the only one, the EU servers/network infrastructure is just downright crap most of the time.

Playing from the UK I can get a ping on a good night of around 50ms to Miller, but mostly in prime time it's around 80 - 200ms.
    I actually get 100 ish to East coast US servers and it's fairly consistent there and they play much better too.

Tonight my ping to Miller is anything from 120 to 15,000 ms (yes that's 15 seconds), impossible to play. Has happened many times this past few weeks.

I've said it in other posts before, just move the EU servers to a US east coast location, we'd get much better consistent play there.
  4. AdamGrantBell

Or just sack Prosieben. I'm amazed they keep the contract after so many failures.
  5. andy_m

It always appears to be particularly bad around the end of an alert. My ping peaked at around 30,000ms before disconnecting, each time just after an alert finishing.

Perhaps the servers cannot copy with peeps logging in/out at the same time........

Oh, I'm UK Ceres.
  6. Gleerok

Connery here...

Same thing.