[Video] Medic gameplay - TAR with soft point and forward grip

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Matti, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Matti

Hi all!

Yes, more of this weapon.
    I have decided to use it until I get the Auraxium for it and I have a few hundred kills left to go.
    If I upload another video of the TAR I will use the advanced laser sight instead if you want
    my opinion about it.

Hope you like the video =)

• Up x 2
  2. Epic High Five

This gun used to be my favorite TR AR, but the 0.75x nerf really hit it hard. Now I tend to use the default T1, which reminds me a lot of the pre-nerf Carnage

The TRV is pretty much the only other gun you'll need as a TR medic.

I'd guess from your playstyle that you're not going to be a fan of running the gun with ALS
    • Up x 2
  3. repairtool6

Yes i would like you to try the ALS just for curiosity.
    Personally i think it makes the gun go from mediocre to outright bad, but thats just my own opinion.

Many players like the laserpointer. Maybe you can try it and explain why it makes sense to use it? I dont really understand, but maybe im underrating it?

Also:
    I know the gun is obviously not the most accurate, but sh*t dude that was some VERY sloppy aiming in the video lol. Have been playing too much easymode MAX lately? =D

(Sorry it is like you say - it is easy to look at a video and just critizise but you must admit this aiming is below standard. Or is the gun really this bad now? havent used it in a while)
    • Up x 1
  4. Matti

That's the thing about this weapon, if you sidestrafe and shoot at mid range the bullet spread
    will make you miss a lot even if your aim is right on target, especially with soft point ammo.

Not sure about below standard though, I rarely die before killing at least 5 enemies.
  5. R4GING

that's a problem for all high RoF guns, and that's why burst fire is needed (even the guns with less RoF can't go full auto and expect to hit every shot with purely good aim).
    • Up x 1
  6. Epic High Five

Just auraxiumed it and shelved it forever. Not a bad gun but the combination of CQC stats, a long *** reload, and low damage per mag is just too much. Too much time spent not killing people on a class that already has to balance reviving people with assault.

I didn't feel like it could do anything that my Gauss Rifle S couldn't do better
    • Up x 1
  7. asdfPanda

The T1's cof bloom is so good, you can full auto people at surprising ranges.
    • Up x 1
  8. ElectricSheepDream

SABR-13 comes to mind. Especially if you value accuracy over pure volume of fire.
    • Up x 1
  9. Matti

Actually there are a lot of high fire rate weapons that are much easier to use.
    GD7F and jaguar for example are IMO more forgiving
  10. R4GING

not sure about GD-7F's bloom (can't check stats atm) but its recoil is definitely more controllable. as for the Jaguar, isn't that a 750 RoF gun ?
    • Up x 1
  11. ElectricSheepDream

It is, it also has better recoil stats so that doesn't come at a surprise. The GD-7F is the odd one out imho in that it feels really controllable reminiscent of pre-nerf serpent. Maybe it's the uncharacteristically low FSRM for a 143/845 weapon (it's on par with the 125/845 smgs).
    • Up x 1
  12. Matti

I know there are lots of players that only look at numbers for these things
    but without checking stats I just find the TAR to be more of a pain in the ***
    to control then any other gun I've used.
  13. R4GING

well, I have tested a lot of guns and you are correct - the TAR has a wild recoil that you will want a forward grip to be versatile with it, even then its not easy to control - with a forward grip, you have to be quite used to the weapon and the set-up (which is with a grip) to be able to control it nicely (just like with any weapon that has a wild recoil).
    the GD-7F on the other hand, is a Carbine similar to TAR, but has an easier to control recoil even without a grip - easy enough for the Advanced Laser to be of better use (still, if you want more reach, the grip will do you better).
    pretty sure, the reason for the difference is the fact that the TAR has higher muzzle velocity as it is an Assault Rifle (and whatever stats come from being one).
    whats an FSRM ?
    • Up x 1
  14. Dead soldier

First shot recoil multiplier. How much more recoil the first bullet shot does. Resets after a the gun shots automatically firing.
    • Up x 1
  15. ElectricSheepDream

Yeah first shot recoil multiplier. High FSRM in combination with bad recoil stats means it's a inaccurate weapon that can only be tamed with burst fire to a certain extent.
    Muzzle velocity in itself has no effect on recoil btw.
    • Up x 1
  16. CerealBox

17. Kociboss

T1B is where it's at nowadays~
    • Up x 1
  18. CptSundancer

I put an laser sights on my TAR to try and give myself a little better range as the foreword grip just didn't feel like it was working for me. The recoil isn't bad imo, it's the lousy spread that's hurting this gun.

I much prefer carbines, but I need to Aurxium this thing :p
    • Up x 1
  19. Matti

I just might have to try it out