Prowler's Vulcan is underperforming

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ketadine, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Ketadine

Well, I care and a lot of other do too. We like to have options and not be stuck with one loadout. Imagine how boring it would be if everyone was running the same setup. More so when it seems that the TR abilities and ES are the most situational of the lot and it basically does not give you any choice whatsoever.

Wow, I did not consider that 10m is "a pretty considerable distance". That also means that the NC MAX has a "considerable" range. But wait, 2/3 MAX AI weapons have longer if not equal range ... lol.

First this is about the Vulcan secondary, primaries are a different matter entirely. Secondly P2-120 AP has the shortest reload if you reload 1 barrel, but you also forget that is the lowest damage if you one use the first barrel.

If you reload both, it's the lowest reload speed + recoil on the second shot, unless you lockdown, but that is a different matter entirely. And how is the Vulcan more forgiving DPS ? You have a very high chance of missing unless you do short bursts and that is counter intuitive to an actual minigun.
    I would have wanted to try those out, but as it stands we're both stuck with what the game gives us.
    • Up x 1
  2. Ketadine

3. Nody

But you're missing the goal: it's not to actually improve MBTs ability vs. infantry as much as bringing everything down further (note all the nerfs to AI accross the board) and to get people to buy Halbeards (I'm expecting the nerf to it in next set of patch notes as it was half price yesterday to ensure people bought it after reading of the nerfs).
  4. Ketadine

I do not want the Vulcan to be good against inf, they could nerf this just by adding a negative damage modifier against infantry. I want it to be good against armor, any armor that is further than 10m. I've said this before and I'll say it again: it's a minigun, it shouldn't have the range of a shotgun ...

With this change, they decreased the CoF of a shotgun like weapon. It's more accurate at range, true, but it still acts as a shotgun. They should have changed the initial damage drop off to around 25-50m and the CoF bloom imo, not like how they did it now.
    • Up x 1
  5. Ketadine

Bump, the Vulcan needs some improvement, more than that of a long range shotgun!
  6. FrozenCustard