Micro stutter back with x64 client?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Darkshadows120, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Darkshadows120

Ever since the Liberator update, I've had this micro stutter happen every 4-7 seconds. I somehow fixed it a few days ago by switching to full screen mode. Now, with the addition of the x64 client it seems to be back. Here are my specs:
    Cpu: AMD Fx-8120 8 core @ 4.3 GHz
    Gpu: Evga GTX 770 SC
    Installed on SSD
    8 GBs of RAM
    I know it's not overheating because I monitor my temps and make sure they don't go very high. Cpu usually stays around 28-35C. Gpu is at a constant 40C. Any ideas on whats causing this?
  2. Darkshadows120

3. Breakthecross

• Up x 1
  4. LucidLisa

hi, this will barely be a solution to many players, but maybe for one or another.
    with the 64bit client i experienced a stutter that was coming in in a regular fashion, like every two seconds. i blamed the new client, but when i tabbed out to desktop i saw that my taskmanager was open, showing the cpu load graph. it had a refresh rate of 2 seconds for the graph, so i closed it - and voila the stuttering was gone.
    i never noticed that on the 32bit client, it may have introduced some stutter, but never that severe.
  5. Brewergamer

• Up x 1
  6. Darkshadows120

Yes, microstutter is what I'm referring to. It's more noticeable in bigger battles. Make gameplay experience unenjoyable...
  7. Brewergamer

BTW this has only been happening to me since the recent patch, before that everything was perfect.
  8. Darkshadows120

Ok, hang on. Since SOE's been switching the clients back and forth, its now more noticeable in the 32 bit client. Its still there in the 64 bit though.