Which do you feel is more reliable vs ESF?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Apples, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Apples

For the purpose of fighting other ESF and disregarding everything but the weapons themselves, which do you feel is most reliable and would be the one you would take to battle? Answer why as well of course.

-Vortek Rotary 750 RPM | damage 320/130m 210/230m | velocity 650m/sec | reload 2.25/2.25 | ammo 25/250

-M18 Rotary 1000 RPM | damage 200/100m 143/200m | velocity 650m/sec | reload 2.5/2.5 | ammo 45/450

-Hailstorm Turbo 857 RPM | damage 230/110m 167/200m | velocity 700m/sec | reload 1.8/1.8 | ammo 35/350
  2. Crackulous

My belief is that the NC rotary is the best out of the three, if only by a miniscule margin. I doubt there's a noticeable difference though.
    • Up x 1
  3. Apples

You forgot to say why you would prefer that particular of the three.
  4. TheBand1t

Vortek because even a few bullets hitting from it is enough to take off large chunks of health by comparison to the other two

Only ****** thing about it is the terrible reserve ammo count
  5. Biscuittt

Hailstorm, bullet velocity is king. I also prefer better reload times as it shortens the window of vulnerability against your opponent when you run dry. That extra .7 seconds is an eternity in a face to face encounter.
  6. Alarox

From what I understand:

-Hailstorm has higher velocity and has shorter downtime when reloading, making it the best in a standard hover fights.
    -Vortek has higher DPS at the closer ranges, making it the best for surprise attacks and killing while on the tail of another ESF.
    -M18 has the highest damage/magazine and puts out the most bullets, making it better than the Vortek at hover fighting and better than the Hailstorm at surprise attacks and killing while on someone's tail.

It seems more like a playstyle thing, so the one that you think is best will be based on which area of dogfighting you find most important.
    • Up x 3
  7. Fangry

Skyguard
    • Up x 6
  8. JackD

I prefer the Vortek over the Hailstorm but when asking for the best in general i would say it is the Saron. Never bought the TR Rotary since the Needler is a very good nosegun too.
  9. ZeroErrorz

M-20 mustang #renderdistanceabuse...
  10. battlebrot

What Alarox said basically imo.
    Other than that, dont underestimate the defaults :)
  11. IamnotAmazing

To answer the main question vortek all the way, hailstorm is a close second, and the m18 is a piece of garbage you are better off with a needler
    The scythe has a better ttk, making the m18 worthless against a hailstorm

the m18 needs a buff, there's barley any dps advantage compared to the needler, when you think of the dps difference between a vortek and a mustang
  12. MajiinBuu

Light PPA
    • Up x 3
  13. VoidMagic

ESF balance however is very close, yet the ESF all feel
    slightly different. Whenever SOE changes ESF things get
    worse for ESF... so far this has been almost universally true,
    accept for possibly any nerfs to FOF missles and beta AA nerfs.

Hailstorm used to be freaking fantastic... used to be... lol

Also dearest mossie pilots... have you seen the statistics on
    which ESF actually perform the best A2A wise... look into it.

in other news... buff all nose cannons, otherwise leave ESF alone.
    • Up x 2
  14. Apples

I'm well aware that the defaults are not bad options, I use it on my scythe. I am more specifically inquiring about the faction specific "Air Supremacy" nose guns which are supposed to be specifically for taking out air more effectively than their default counterparts and as to which people would prefer if they could use any of the three. So if people could please stick to the actual topic and not go posting that they would rather use skyguards, defaults, or anti-infantry weapons and so forth. :p
  15. Dead soldier

oh, your that kinda guy, screw you for when my lib is chased back to warpgate by people like you and I can never fight back cause you just turn around when I turn.
  16. IamnotAmazing

that was a while ago and purely because of the striker, if you think the mossie dominates in any area of air combat you're kidding yourself and just plain ignorant
    • Up x 1
  17. Dead soldier

it can... umm... fly cool. It uh... is good at... um.... well you got me I can't think of one besides the fact that I just love the look of it.
  18. IamnotAmazing

still like the turquoise scythe
  19. NoctD

Dalton - nothing else can compare. BOOM = DEAD ESF!
  20. Dead soldier

but the likely hood of hitting the shot<75% in Close Quarters and <5% at long range. Montages where the dalton kills many ESFs are highlights and isn't just turn and boom eveytime it happens. Shredder is much more reliable but not as much as an ESF nose gun.