Whatever you did on April first, do it again soon!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kriegson, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Kriegson

The patch that went through on April first had some pretty amazing improvements in hit detection. I was amazed when I was getting downed so quickly and alternatively downing people like it's in the VR range. Though it seems the patch was reverted due to some crashes and other potential issues.

I hope it can get pushed out sans the bugs soon!
    But I fear it may be some kind of netcode optimization that some people simply can't run, so we're stuck with mediocre to bad hit detection -_-
  2. Cirevam

Don't you see? That was the April Fools joke. just kidding
    • Up x 1
  3. Kriegson

Yeah yeah, "Hey we finally did something right at SoE....APRIL FOOOLS!" everyone had a good chuckle at their expense yesterday after they reverted it, but honestly I would love them to try and take another crack at it. Some of the best gameplay I had in a while.
  4. kadney

Funny, I still got shot around corners and behind cover... wouldn't call that "amazing"... :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  5. Prudentia

i shot someone in the face with a phobos. he lost 250 shield which equals to 2 pellets. out of 12. so 16.6% of the hits were actually detected. best hitdetection i ever heard of... i'm glad they rerolled the patch that only led to crashes and try to fix them.
  6. IamDH

They moved it to 64 bit but reverted it. Reason being is that some people were experiencing more stutter and bad performance.

This was not the case with everyone but i believe that is the reason. This would lead me to believe that your FPS increased therefore hit registration seemed better?
  7. NomaeTheJester

That has to do with either your internet connection, or his internet connection, not hit detection. Because hits are calculated by what he sees when he is shooting, if you are lagging and appear to be behind where you perceive yourself, you will get hit while you see yourself behind cover, because on his screen you are still in his sights. If he is lagging, and therefore is seeing everything a bit after it happens, he will be able to shoot you while he sees you going towards cover, even though you see yourself as already being safe.

Look on youtube for a video made by Wrel about lag compensation, he does a pretty good job of explaining this.