PPA cannon on magrider

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by x7xBillyDaKidx7x, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Van Dax

no, this is about the ppa being called OP. ppa kills in the same number of hots as the enforcer but with more sustainability anin exchange for little strength against vehicles. it is balanced, canister and marauder may or may not be up to par but that is not what the thread is titled, is it?
  2. JudgeDeath

Gamecrash :eek:
  3. Regpuppy

I wasn't referring to the topic's title, just the post said person was responding to. Which in no way mentioned the enforcer and mainly addressed how both the marauder and Canister shot especially were subpar for the same role the PPA filled. I won't say the PPA is OP myself, but it is performing well enough in comparison.
  4. Vixxing

Indeed Buff maingun i agree!
    • Up x 1
  5. Vixxing

You do know that magrider is the worst tank by FAR and needs strong secondarys? Vanguards and Prowlers are so powerful in themself that 7/10 dont even bother to get secondarys but uses basilisk... I rarely see a Mag without Saron or Halberd secondaries...
  6. Nobalification

buff Primary gun but little bit lower the damage or shots to 3 or 2 of saron.
  7. Nobalification

Magrider isn´t military tank, its a hover without best armor. Power of VS is technology.
  8. notyourbuddy

Well fk I typed out a response only to find it got censored.

You fine folks will just have to use your imagination now. :(
  9. Vixxing

Have you tried hitting moving infantery 2 times in a row with a sniper rifle from a moving tank? I recomend you to try and gun a Saron in real combat instead of in VR...
  10. Nobalification

It´s their technology omg. Why you are so dumb. Your freaking god mode shield have 8 seconds of kinetic 3 000 (or 3 500) absorb shield and it´s hated for reasons, HOW NC GET THIS? Lore says you have slowest tank (Prowler is faster only by 5 km/h nice Higby balance strikes again) but his armor, rear armor, front and back armor, top and bot armor is strong enough than Prowler or Magrider.
    • Up x 1
  11. Nobalification

nice :D you are CoD player right? Saron isn´t AI gun, its best as AT. Its your fault you are blind and you are boring in kill infantry with AI gun :D pfffffffffffff :D
  12. Pacster

Wait? Are we looking at secondaries and ignoring primaries now? Seriously...the main cannon of magriders is that ridiculous compared to those of prowlers and vanguards, that the secondary(which needs a second person! By far not all tanks have that.) can't possibly be too strong, unless it's a nuke.

If you want to have your secondaries buffed: Fine with me. Then no bullet drop and increased power for magrider main cannon. We'll see how you deal with magriders that are actually on par with your MBTs....
  13. Vixxing

So is halberd but imo its easier to kill infantery with halberd than Saron... Saron is good for nuking armor up close as a last resort...
  14. Alarox

Don't worry about the Canister. Once I Auraxium it next week I'll get back to you on exactly what buffs it needs.
  15. Nobalification

not so much, Halberd is bad to kill infantry when your aim is bad. Halberd haven´t large or medium splash. Saron is best to destroy tanks (sniping them) but yes, Saron have little bit more splash damage which means, this gun is good to use against infantry too. But primary, this gun need nerf, i don´t say strong nerf but change the ammo usage of this weapon. What Saron do now? pluff, pluff, pluff, pluff, pluff, reload, someone is killed. Again, again, again. If you want look for worst MBT secondaries look at canister (shotgun), Marauder compared to Fury, G 30/20 Vulcan.
  16. Nody

Nerf NC; now they make people's game crash when they kill an enemy!

You are aware that the Magrider not only has the exact same armor as the Prowler but is also the slowest tank (even slower then Vanguard/equal if both got racer), the largest tank AND got the worst damage of all tanks (A 1/2 AP Prowler shooting a Mag on the front plate kills it faster then a 2/2 AV Mag kills the same Prowler shooting it in the back plate).
    • Up x 1
  17. CrashB111

The speed isn't even exclusive to the Prowler. The Prowler is a whopping 5 KPH faster than a Vanguard if they both have Racer 3.
  18. Landaren

its balanced because it does no damage to armor, you're basically going 2v1 if you ever fight enemy armor.

It can't even damage sunderers.
  19. dstock

Wait, this thread is about the PPA on the Magrider? This is one of the only weapons, besides the Bulldog, that just feels like a perfect match on a Harasser. I still pull Harassers all the time on VS, just to use the ES weapons, and the PPA is probably the most farm-worthy.

Echo above sentiments, the PPA only seems good now because the other two ESAI are such junk. The only other time I remember people crying about the PPA was before the Marauder got it's initial buff, with better muzzle velocity/less gravity/etc.

Such good lols.

PS, stay the **** away from me with that thing, lol. You got me good last night, I had to laugh at you ghost-riding your Vanguard, slaughtering Vanu with your OP cannister secondary.
    • Up x 1
  20. Modern Ancestor

Nonsense you got affectd in that narrow field where it actually is usefull. When you investigate more and perhaps try it yourself you will discover that apart that frustration you experienced its far from OP.