New Point Cap Announcements are beyond annoying...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PastalavistaBB, Apr 2, 2014.

1. PastalavistaBB

Todays update brought this:

"VO will now be played when a point is captured or lost at the mission’s facility."

It's beyond annoying to constantly get the "we got the control console blah blah blah" voice announcements. I had to turn down the Dialogue volume to 0. Please remove these Announcements or at least make them optional.
    • Up x 13
  2. Xervous

WE
    WE
    WE
    WE
    WE
    WE HAVE CAP
    WE HAVE CAPT
    THE
    THE
    THE
    THE ENE
    THE ENEMY

thought I left this behind years ago in TF2

Next they'll make it play VO whenever the control point is contested...
    • Up x 1
  3. Kerempooh

Agree, this is amazingly annoying, especially where it's needed the least - in tight batlles where caps change ownership all the time. I wanted to SCREAM with annoyance during today's obligatory Crown fight.

PLEASE, let us turn them off or put them on some kind of a timer. This is driving me nuts! I'll start avoding bases with more than one cap point!
  4. Codex561

Didnt log in yet. Now I fear doing so!
  5. Genetic

And i dont know what it is but "We won the capture point" doesn't sound right either , is that even proper English ?
  6. EmmettLBrown

Oh God! I remember that crap.
  7. JorgeSarcos

Somewhere in the Update Roadmap is: "Put enough Callouts in the game that no ambient sound can be heard"
    • Up x 2
  8. zukhov

I like it.
  9. Tommyp2006

This has to be the most annoying feature they've added so far.
    • Up x 3
  10. Trudriban

I would love to be able to toggle the voice-over along with the mission system but I have a feeling the devs are gonna reply to us like:
    [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    • Up x 11
  11. LibertyRevolution

This is truly beyond annoying.
    I was at splitpeak pass, 4 cap points, the control console audio cue played 10 times in under a min.

Had to put dialog volume on 0, which means I can no longer hear any callouts for ammo/medics/spots..
    This is not an acceptable work around.
    • Up x 3
  12. Zorlox

it's the first time a 'feature' actually made me logout. If I play again while it's still there I'll be avoiding any base with more than one capture point.

the only thing i can come up with is that it's a late april fools. it has to be the biggest dev troll ever.
  13. Paragon Exile

They need to have it play only 1/5 times, or remove it altogether. Right now, it's just noise.
    • Up x 2
  14. RIctavius

It's perfect.
    • Up x 1
  15. CardinaI

What the player base said:
    "Please make the mission system optional or at least display the capture status regardless of current mission"

What SOE understood:
    "We are too stupid to read the map and ui and don't understand the complexity of the mission system."

Solution:
    Annoying voice callouts every higbying time a capture points flips...
    • Up x 4
  16. LibertyRevolution

The capture point status call outs are exactly why what we complained the auto voice call would be like...
    SOE had enough sense to limit the amount of times the automated voice call outs happen.

They seemingly forgot about it when they implemented these capture point voice call outs.
    Might as well just play music and turn off the dialog volume if it is going to stay like this...
    Since I can't hear enemy audio cues over the constant status updates about the control points anyways..
  17. AzureKnight

I'd be okay with it if it only happened maybe 10% of the time.

In reality, it should only say something when a majority of points are taken as taking one is not really noteworthy...
  18. Atrabilis

Yeah, this is pretty terrible. I was even getting this when no-one was capturing the points, pretty distracting as you could imagine. Between this and the nasty little mission squeaks it's hard to hear anything important.
  19. KnightCole

The announcements were kinda ok in BF1942 and BF2...2142..but this game? where it takes 2 seconds to flip bases...lol.
  20. smokemaker

+Azillion

The voice capture control panel thing has got to go.... or a mute function.....not even saying please.
    JUST GET RID OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should have to sit in your office all day long listening to it until you remove it.