x64 Client Crashes

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Dargadon, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Bumbil

Maybe i can help with my specs, because my game didn't crash at all and after the patch i could run it on nearly on ultra settings with no problems:

CPU: Intel i7 2600k@3.4 GHz Sandy Bridge
    RAM: DDR3 16 GBytes Dual Channel
    Graphic: Nvidia GeForce GTX 570 (Driver 332.21)
    The OS is installed on a SSD-Harddisk, the game is on a 7200 500 GB SATA 6Gb/s Harddisk installed.
    The Cores of the CPU are unparked.

The Game runs on this settings:

[Display]
    FullscreenRefresh=0
    Maximized=0
    RenderQuality=1.000000
    FullscreenWidth=1920
    FullscreenHeight=1080
    WindowedWidth=1126
    WindowedHeight=1008
    Mode=Fullscreen
    FullscreenMode=Fullscreen

[Rendering]
    GraphicsQuality=3
    TextureQuality=0
    ShadowQuality=3
    RenderDistance=6000.000000
    Gamma=0.000000
    MaximumFPS=60
    UseLod0a=0
    OverallQuality=-1
    LightingQuality=2
    EffectsQuality=3
    TerrainQuality=3
    FloraQuality=3
    ModelQuality=3
    VerticalFOV=74
    ParticleLOD=3
    ParticleDistanceScale=0.650000
    FogShadowsEnable=1
    MotionBlur=0
    VSync=1
    AO=1
    GpuPhysics=1
    ForceGpuPhysics=1
    Smoothing=1
    UseAspectFOV=0

The Nvidia driver is set to maximum quality with the exeption that anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering is application controlled and the LOD-Bias is allowed, because i set the rendering qualitiy in the game options to 1.0.

The game runs perfectly smooth even in a big battle and there was right before a very big battle. My frames was constant at 40-60 fps.

I hope it helps you to localize the problem.

Best regards
    Bumbil
  2. Exedar

This doesn't work for me, the Launchpad just downloads the .exe files again to correct that.
  3. Zagareth

Game freezes all the time (after 2-3 minutes) - it's not possible to play. Can I get my money back please? :mad:
  4. Kediec

Same here constant crashing with the 64bit version. Never crashed at all until after todays update.
  5. Rayden78

Frequent Freezes all 5-30 Minutes .. seems completly random.

Oh we just found out something really weird .. me and outfitmember were driving up from tawrich to xenotech, my teammates client crashed while he was in his skyguard .. i didn't crash i drove back to the location where he crashed and 5 seconds later i crashed as well.
    Then the teammate logged back in .. went to my vehicle still there and he crashed again.
  6. Halcyon

Crashed after 10 minutes from using the new 64 bit client.
  7. FIRETRUCK

It's official (but we already knew that), the game is finally broken. Excellent job SOE.
  8. xPropane

CALL THE WAMBULANCE!!!!!!
    This is a first time kind of crash for me : Game crash => Ctrl+alt+del => not responding => I had to reboot my computer. WTF
    This x64 is ****** up.
    Running on x64 Win 8.1 with latest drivers.
    I'm not going back, there's a limit. When the **** starts freezing the whole computer => ENOUGH for today.

PS : It's not 'x64 client crashes' anymore => SYSTEM CRASHES FTW.

(blue screen of the death + desktop beep + ALARMAAAAA!) <==*joke* not this but SOE can do it for FREE. xD
  9. zukhov

Started well, about 2 hours no crash and improved performance, then boom crash after crash 3 in less than 10 mins.
  10. Cristari

Have the same issue. Yet another triumphant patch by SOE. Woo! Hoo! keeping your reputation up must be hard!
  11. fdykn

chrashes every 5-10 mins
  12. EvilTwinCZ

It's great that this topic is already here. My client froze twice in ~20 minutes for no apparent reason. Whatever you sent to my disk in those 165MB of data in last update, please take it back and make the game playable again.
  13. Mut0mb0

the crashes arent new, i had them with 32 bit quite regularly over the past few days. But now its even worse, cant play more then 15 min without crashing.

i dont think its an 64 bit issue, we played the server smash with the 64 bit version on Saturday and it was stable as hell.
  14. Rayden78

There are specific places on the map which cause the crashes i don't know if they are related to hex boundaries, but some crash locations look suspicious
  15. Rayden78

You have an excellent sense of humor
  16. Sliced

Can't load the game with x64.
    It downloaded then I click play. It loads up words like ##UI , ##Play. It also has the basic man figure. He is flying with he's arms in the air and gun on the floor. I click play and it CTD.
    I have heard of this before so I apply the known fix, change language to French click play then close and back to English. CTD.
    Validate files, Play , CTD.
    I have never had the UI bug or a serious CTD since beta. So 1-2 years...
    This is a massive problem.
  17. theotaaku

game crashes about every 20 minutes .. sounds runs in background while the screen is frozen or black

I did not have these problems before patch of 2. April.
  18. Shamrock

I'm hoping a hot fix is being worked on ASAP.

• Up x 4
  19. TheTickles

I am seeing a pattern here. All NVIDIA cards with a 600 series and above. All seem to be using the latest driver (which has already been confirmed to be causing issues while playing PS2). Everyone using the latest nvidia driver needs to rollback to 332.21 (just like the person who is having no issues posted as his driver.
  20. Halcyon

I'm not rolling back my drivers just because PS2 refuses to work on it.
    I have other games I play that benefit from the newest drivers.

PS2 on hold until SOE can sort it.
    • Up x 1