Memory leaks still not fixed with the 64 bits client

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Santondouah, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Santondouah

Hi guys,

I just tried to run PS2 with Ultra textures. I still get the crash after a few minutes of play. Tried in High quality textures and did not crash. I hoped this 64 bit thing would correct this and finally allow me playing in actual Ultra quality :/

Try again !
  2. Dill Bagner

You were able to actually get the client running? How?
  3. Sledgecrushr

The 64 bit client should come on automatically if you windows can support it.
  4. Tommyp2006

How much memory do you have?
  5. sustainedfire

Stop trying to run it on XP :eek:
  6. Paragon Exile

Thinking back to 64-bit XP gives me an ulcer.
    • Up x 3
  7. Dill Bagner

[IMG]
  8. RMSjael

Game feels even more slower after the update :/ It stutters alot more now.
    • Up x 1
  9. sustainedfire

The servers are still locked.

How are you judging the performance ???

(not that im expecting this transition to 64 bit to be smooth at all)
  10. RonRoy

Check the test forum. Can't remember but either updating your GPU driver or directx will fix this.
  11. salembeats

Try upgrading your video card to a model with more RAM. Unless you're running an integrated video card, system RAM isn't generally going to make a big difference on whether you can load Ultra textures or not.

Also, crashing is not indicative of a memory leak -- to identify a memory leak, look at your task manager and watch your system RAM usage grow perpetually. That's what a memory leak is. A memory leak will eventually make your entire system sluggish, as your system RAM usage will increase until your computer needs to start using your drives for swap space.
    • Up x 3
  12. John_Aitc

I am sorry to have to agree with most posts here. 64bit XP was never a viable OS. Far simpler things than Planetside fail miserable with it. Somehow running 32bit things also seem to fail a lot in that version.
    • Up x 1
  13. Sovereign533

The only problem I had was that Windows did not recognise PS2x64 as a program that needed a strong GFX card.
    So it assigned my Intel Intergrated Graphics to PS2 in stead of using my nVidia GeForce card xD
    • Up x 1
  14. Santondouah

I can personnaly access servers without any issue.

I've got a GTX770 with 2Gb VRAM and 8Gb RAM. Please don't tell me it's not enough, it wouldn't be true
  15. Santondouah

Thanks for "video-games and hardware for dummies".

Anyway this issue is completely official and SOE knows about it. It's related to RAM memory usage (ultra texture need more space than possibly allocatable with 32 bits) and was hoped to be solved by using 64bits clients instead of 32 bits client.

Regards
  16. salembeats

I dunno, man. Sounds like you need to make up your mind. Not trying to be combative here, but I just wouldn't assume that you know precisely why you're having a problem.

I'm getting frequent crashes with the 64-bit client, but I would assume that it's due to non-threadsafe code, null pointers being passed around without being accounted for, etc.
  17. Ronin Oni

^Somebody saved me from explaining it :D

Saw OP saw #1: He tried loading Ultra again (first thought... did you try high??) and #2: crashed in a few minutes.... uhm... a memory leak causing a crash in just a few minutes would be an exceptionally amazing memory leak :D
  18. PromptCritical Developer

Thanks for the information. The good news is that your crashes were not caused by running out of memory and/or memory leaks. The bad news is that you're crashing. I see a handful of other folks with the same crash - we're working on it!
    • Up x 11
  19. Rebone

Was playing on Miller now, had constant crash.
    We had 3 squads for my outfit, there wasn't a moment that we had more than 10 people online, everybody's DCed
  20. RMSjael

Thx mate we appreciate that!