Scheduled Maintenance April 1, 6 AM PT

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by d_carey, Apr 1, 2014.

1. chriss2534

COME ON SOE I CANT EVEN INSTALL THE NEW UPDATE IT KEEPS TELLING ME IT DOESN'T HAVE PREMISSION I HAVE TRIED EVERY THING I HAVE EVEN UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALED SAME PROBLEM PLS HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Exonis

SOE, Good ol' SOE, don't you know?
    Anything you "fix" just doesn't show.
  3. Wobberjockey

oddly enough, today was the smoothest day of play i've had in a while.

i traced my hitching to having v sync on.

100% not trolling or april fools day post here.
  4. RainbowDash9

i always feel weird with these small patches cuz i never have any of the mentioned problems. my game has never messed up on me except for the one G99 error incident and mouse lag. but today the game did run smoother so....koodos
    • Up x 1
  5. Cpt.Kornflake

This 1000000000 times
  6. Takomunch

Connery usually has the same thing going where NC tends to overpop the TR / VS. The 2-3 months I've had on the game so far, the NC has won the alerts most of the time, once in a while VS wins ( Or always wins during late night when they outpop NC and TR ).

As far as hit detection it varies from time to time, sometimes I feel like it's working against me where the guy I headshotted 3 times at range took no damage as he kills me x.x ( Deathscreen shows him at full shields and health ). Sometimes I feel like it's working in my favor where some guy is going full auto in my face but not hitting me xD. I have no idea what to make of it.

For crashing, I have been getting some ( Still using 233.21 for nvidia ) not sure when it would be safe to go to up to date drivers.
  7. SikVvVidiT

8. ddraig

Well, no, as I said - I was annoyed because you guys got a funny nerf and PiNK did not - but it is anything beginning with "sex"
  9. Wildside

Haven't crashed in a long time. Patch about resolving a crash-bug. 30 minutes into a good bout of shooting, client crashes.

:D
  10. chrisarn94

Worst April fools joke ever.
  11. Jump Jets

You have been disconnected from the server.
    • Up x 1
  12. 10thRMDredd

Thank you SOE for your ongoing commitment to the best game on the market.
    Which also happens to be free.
    I am so sorry that the player base has the psychological makeup that it does. I think i understand the lack of regard that certain despots have had for people's opinions throughout history much better after reading the thoughts of the common man on these forums.

It must be very depressing to read all of the reactions from people. I understand that some people have valid points, others.....
    Just so you know, Planetside 2 IS the work of multiple gifted people and we, massed peons with delusions of grandeur as yet unchallenged by the reality of adulthood are massively grateful, whether we say it or not.
    I mean...people don't get angry about something they don't love....do they?
    When you make a game like this, that is on the very edge of technology, that challenges a seemingly mature player base to rethink how it plays together you are going to have a lot of headaches. This is gaming evolution people. Evolution. I for one am extremely proud of playing my insignificant part in the war. I am totally happy with the $ i pay SOE for the return in gaming hours and gaming quality/challenge. Most of the games that i have spent $100 on (Aussie) are a total disgrace compared to PlanetSide 2. With limited playability. PlanetSide 2 is as boring or exciting as.......guess what......the people that play it.... Which of course is wonderfully varied.

Can some people who are not ******** show some love to the 'people' who create this.
    Please.
    Respect.
    • Up x 3
  13. Ripshaft

April fool's! We didnt fix any of it! Gotcha!!

j/k totally love and respect the work you do, but I cannot resist a joke in such a situation, no matter how tasteless.
  14. IamnotAmazing

nope on either, waterson crashed, and even after the hit detection was so bad I logged off
  15. GantryPengy380

On Mattherson, VS wins the most alerts for some reason.
  16. R.Bootneck

Feedback ..
    In the first hour of game-play post patch ..
    • 4 server/continent disconnects (2xIndar 1x Esamir 1xAmerish) on Miller
    • 2 CTD/process crashes (Both when hitting redeploy from map)
    • No Hit detection improvement
    Server/Game in a worse state post patch than it was pre patch
  17. The Rogue Wolf

Hm. Five driver crashes, four hits scored on an enemy before he killed me without any being counted, one server drop...

...and a partridge in a pear tree wrong season, sorry.

I shouldn't play when I'm sick; it never helps my mood. I got pretty close to uninstalling tonight.
    • Up x 1
  18. NevarxTR

I'm done.
    Is this a joke? Seriously SOE... I can't even play the darn game today. I guess the joke was to not play this joke of a game today.
  19. nnbengboy2

Well technically "scheduled" just means they had it planned internally...whether they announce it or not is another matter...
  20. Amodin

April Fools!