Scheduled Maintenance April 1, 6 AM PT

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by d_carey, Apr 1, 2014.

1. King Feraligatr

Of course, this could be a trollrific April Fool's patch.
  2. King Feraligatr

I feel like my posts are too hastily put out without me thinking about what I put into them... (of course, this does not mean that the game isn't crashing/lagging a lot)
  3. DJPenguin

Still experiencing poor hit detection and crashes (Waterson)
  4. OldMaster80

I think more are pissed coz they see decreased performance still server disconnections server crashes. This game has been out for 18 months. Honestly I understand those who've run out of patience.

Soe risk to lose a lot of customers' trust.
  5. dogzila

Is there any possibility you can release some
    • Server crash fixes
    • Improved hit detection
    maintenance on thursday please?

:rolleyes:
  6. dogzila

So we are getting a schedule here...

mmmmmh schedules...
    that's why you offices people are meant for?
    isn't it?
  7. volth

My game have now crashed two times in one hour, please Sony fix ps2 again. Your fix wasnt good
  8. Goretzu

Looks like it's both happening. :eek:
  9. Goretzu

2-3 patches every weeks is an annoyance, but CTD every few mins is plain unplayable. :(
  10. Broadsword88

only SOE would emphasize their own incompetence as the butt of a joke
  11. Alyz

Guys, stop the whining. The dev who posted it wants some feedback on the hit detection, not 8 pages of "omg it's not scheduled" crap. Yes, the patches screw up things and it could all be much better, but it won't if you keep up pissing off devs. They're humans, too (at least some of them, I guess).
  12. RyanGUK

I don't think this is an April Fools joke, I think this is a serious patch. SOE aren't in the game of pissing their playerbase off, though they do it surprisingly well most of the time.

What bugs me in times like this is the guys in charge of the PS2 community, such as RadarX, are nowhere to be seen. It'd be really good if we actually had an ETA from our community manager and an acknowledgement that people are looking into our complaints. I don't want to hear from the devs on the forum, their priority should be fixing the issue.

Stuff like that means so much to us, and it's not much of an ask is it? :(
  13. King Feraligatr

I'll repost part of something I posted before: From what I'm hearing on Forumside, I think I made a good choice limiting PS2 to getting passive certs and going on the test server.
  14. HotPepperDelivery

FIX THE SERVER DISCONNECTED AND AS WELL FILTER PROFANITY IN GENERAL SETTINGS TAB BECAUSE MINE IS ALREADY DISABLE BUT YET FILTER PROFANITY STILL ACTIVE. FOR EXAMPLE, I TYPE GALAXY INTO THE CHAT IT CHANGES INTO SKYWHALE OR LOL CHANGES INTO HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE, LIKE WTF SONY? CAN WE AT LEAST GET OUR NORMAL CHAT THING BACK?
  15. Wildside

What's a PT? [censored] Time?

What's wrong with announcing times in UTC? Or GMT if you're oldfashioned?

I assume it's not [censored] Time, but Planetside Time. Congratulations! That's even more vague than some silly local timezone. :D
    Because even google can't tell me what it is.
  16. eatcow0

your tag got hit too?
  17. WarmasterRaptor

" Enjoy our Improved Hit Detection!

We can now exactly know how many times you've violently hit your head on your desk because of our game! "
    • Up x 2
  18. wuffar

Indar crashing on Ceres, but this is not new :(
  19. Bernd Lauert

Whatever you fixed, it wasn't the server crashes and/or the poor hit detection. Back to the drawing board.
  20. GantryPengy380

CRAP! Good to know a fellow Mattherson player has provided information so we Matthersonians know NOT to play until SOE ACTUALLY restores the game to the quality it was before today, with the only difference being that they added what they said they'd do in this patch into the game.
    I remember one other person commented that SOE is part of Sony, so I'd also like to add to that. Sony had a history of great consoles, and great games to go with that, until PS2 came around and SOE, a part of Sony, existed for over 10 years, and the people hired to work on PS2 decided to start making it worse by making bad updates, some of which included nerfing certain weapons/vehicles (T2 Striker/Harasser) to the point of uselessness, giving TR bad ES weapons (Vulcan and Striker, again[I don't know how good or bad the Marauder is, so if you know anything about how good or bad it is, please reply]), the devs supporting NC more than the other factions (especially TR. How did they support NC more than TR?by showing the most footage of the NC in their videos, and what are they doing most often? Fighting against TR and winning, that's how!). All of the aforementioned reasons, and possibly more, make the TR a highly under-populated faction, especially on Mattherson.
    On Mattherson, TR sometimes has 30% of the total pop, while NC have up to 39% (VS have 31% in those situations, in case you wanted to know) of the total pop. So with that said, I'm going to announce it once more: IF YOU LIVE IN THE US AND HAVE A FRIEND WHO LIKES PLAYING VIDEO GAMES, TELL THEM ABOUT PLANETSIDE2, AND AFTER EXPLANING WHAT IT IS, AS WELL AS SOME OF THE BASICS OF THE GAME, TELL THEM TO JOIN THE TERRAN REPUBLIC ON MATTHERSON (YOU SHOULD ALSO TELL THEM TO WAIT UNTIL SOE MAKES THE GAME PLAYABLE AGAIN, THEN ONCE THAT HAPPENS, TELL THEM TO ACTUALLY LOG INTO THE GAME).WE NEED TO DOMINATE, AND WE CAN ONLY DO SO WITH MASSIVE NUMBERS. YOU HAVE YOUR DIRECTIONS. NOW GO DO IT.
    • Up x 1