What made you play PS2?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NCstandsforNukaCola, Apr 1, 2014.

1. NCstandsforNukaCola

Same as title.

What was your initial reason to play this game?

Was it due to memory about PS1?(Being veteran in PS1)
    Did you want to try a little bit different kind of fps?

Let's begin with mine.

It was not that big but without this, I would never write this post in the forum
    I started this game because solely Gauss SAW's firing sound was so cool and even now it is.
    It was like "With this machine, I can destroy all of them!"

What about you?
    What made you play this game?
  2. LIKE A BOSS!

Huge battles and that's pretty much it.
    • Up x 3
  3. Posse

A friend told me the game was pretty cool so I decided to try it since the idea of a Massive FPS was pretty interesting, the funny thing is that guy stopped playing 1 week later :p
  4. doombro

Because it was supposedly an FPS with a giant map, and strategic depth. The very thought of that made me cream myself a bit. At this point, I'm just playing to keep the game alive until that actually happens.
    • Up x 6
  5. Robes

Some canadian that wouldnt shut up in mumble about this game until i downloaded it.
    • Up x 4
  6. NCstandsforNukaCola

That is really funny lol
  7. z1967

I thought it was a cool concept and likely the future of FPSes. I liked how it was completely different than anything else I had played.
    • Up x 2
  8. CakeHole

• Up x 1
  9. BanthaFodder

My little bro found this on steam and asked if he could play it on my rig. After watching him play it I decided to give it a try and loved it ever since.
    • Up x 1
  10. Cerocount

I was so disapointed in BF3 that i decided not to play any more of this ****** licence it has become.
    But without a good FPS to play i was so bordes that i took the time to check the internet for something new.

Then i ended up in PS2 Beta (and sadly i'm still in it... the beta.)
    • Up x 3
  11. Stellus

The thought that it'd be remotely as good as PS1. It isn't. They butchered it into a BF clone. And yet, here I am, still playing. Sigh...
    • Up x 6
  12. Kunavi

It looked like a step forward for FPSs, and an actual MMOFPS. It was ambitious, the concept was very intriguing and I was tired of every single FPS I was playing back then(And the BF series alienated me completely). After 1 month I decided I should pay for it since it's optional and I was enjoying it. Warp to Now and the reverse reasons are what are driving me to stop paying and eventually, probably, stop playing. It's dancing on the thin red line between "It was good while it lasted if you ask me" and "IMHO SOE dropped the ball on this*... And that's the most generous side of me typing, considering all the recent changes and "Patches" if we can even call them that. My views may change depending on what I'll see in this "Balance Pass" they speak off and whether or not a PU will be coming soon enough. Lastly I'm afraid I now have to worry a bit more than before about cheating, perhaps even more than the whole ZergFest and random elements of PS2 which can't be reined in in any creative way it seems. Most of the possibilities I saw in PS2 have literally dissolved either way so I lean towards actual competition being a final nail in the coffin for this one.
  13. DashRendar

Was playing Tribes: Ascend and kept hearing about Planetside 2 in the off topic forum, a game that wasn't even released yet. I half wanted to play it just so I could know how crappy of a game it was compared to Tribes, and that it would never stack up. I got in on the closed Beta and screwed around with all three factions, but mostly TR. Well a year and a half later and I'm still playing this "crappy" game 8}
  14. notyourbuddy

It was FREE so I clicked it.
    • Up x 2
  15. Kunavi

Did I mention I half expected that MMOFPS equals PERSISTENT results when capturing, complex Resource systems, tactics, sober atmosphere, immersive environments... I could go on. Truth is, I in fact FOOLED MYSELF with PS2 because it sounded possible, and it's what I wanted to read in what SOE advertised :S :p Eh, stopping here or I'll start venting for serious.... :p At least I knew it was going to be a very demanding thing in terms of PC power. Not THAT demanding, but I was a bit prepared regarding that.
    • Up x 1
  16. VSDerp

well saw mmohut's video about ps1 than start looking on google and saw ps2 was coming out and just got soo excited. I just followed it after that and got a beta key thankfully.
  17. Sovereign533

Total Biscuit back when the game was still in Alpha.
    And I was like "WTF!? Why haven't I heard of this Planetside when I was younger!?"
    • Up x 1
  18. Prudentia

Because it looked like Battlefield 2 with a cooler Dropship.
    It is Battlefield 3 with an awesome dropship. so i have fun in my Dropship and can ignore the gunplay (the vandal is the first weapon in 2 months that i have fun with, thanks spring sale)
  19. Bankrotas

Emm. I follow TB quite closely. While I don't agree with him on everything. He did some work for SOE back in 2012. And I was interested, since I'm big on SCI-FI shooters. Bit by bit, I followed PS2 development and was on wave with first PS2 lauch players. Over a year later, still best FPS infantry mechanics I played to date. They click with me most.
    • Up x 1
  20. Goretzu

Played PS1 and it was great (until they did some iffy Core Combat things, and populations plummeted anyway).

I thought PS2 would be PS1 with 10 year better technology - PS1 suffered a bit for being way ahead of its time, and all the mistakes of PS1 learnt from and not repeated.

PS2, of course, isn't PS1 (it's more like PS1-lite), and although they've not repeated many of the PS1 mistakes, conversely they've made new ones (rolling seperate A2A and A2G fighters into one ESF etc.).

Thats not to say PS2 is bad or everything PS1 was better, but the game would improve with many PS1 things, certainly in the stategic sense of play.
    • Up x 3