Let me show you the Equippable ES Melee Weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Wecomeinpeace, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Wecomeinpeace

I came up with these because of this thread:

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/pts-major-change-to-knife-mechanics.180270/

I really like that change as it possibly gives us some more diverse and fun alternatives to the boring standard knife. Also i just prefer equippable knives for both immersion reasons (it's most likely the closest thing to holstering we can get) and gameplay reasons (makes it more of a real weapon you can specialize in and less of an everymans action you perform as you go without any thought).

Therefore, without knowing what they got in store, let me present you the three equippable ES melee weapons!!
    They all fit the faction traits and let me stand around without pointing a gun at someone!! How can you say no??

VANU - THE LASERWHIP

[IMG]

Main trait: Range
    (Attack button Whips, dah / Medium Damage, Medium Speed, Headshots count as 1/3 Backstab Damage, No Backstab - Alternative Fire whips faster with less damage)

Faction Traits: Stylish / Spandex

Terran Republic - The Chainblade

[IMG]

Main Trait: Speed / Continuous Damage
    (Holding Attack Button continuously does damage infront of you - Alternative Fire lets you stab like a normal Knife and can Backstab / High Speed)

Faction Trait: Classic

New Conglomerate - The Powerglove

[IMG]

Main Trait: Strong upclose
    ( Attack button punches or pushes the target on touch / High Damage / Close Range / Low-Medium Speed / Can Backstab - Alternative Fire produces a continuous shield infront of the player)

Faction Trait: Bad

All weapons work under these assumptions:
    - There is a NS standard Knife (Can Backstab)
    - A Backstab is lethal
    - All Weapons have a Heatbar for balance (They all use energy after all):
    [IMG]

So get yours whips out Ladies and Gentlemen!! ;)
  2. IamDH

I feel that we are going to get this

Or the melee weapons from planetside 1

Lol

Seriously tho, i dont think a knife that gives you a shield is a good idea balance-wise
  3. -Synapse-

TR's has the chainblade already, how about a chainsword?
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  4. Pikachu

Ever thought about the fact that chainswords would be terrible for sawing since the teeth are always less wide than the blade? If you have ever used a saw in real life you know that the teeth should flare out zig zag wise so they are wider than the blade. Otherwise the blade will just get stuck. Video game style chainswords would not go much deeper than the length of the teeth.
  5. Cougarbrit

Heresy!
    • Up x 2
  6. Pikachu

:D But imagine if you bent the teeth on a chainsaw so they didnt flare out from the blade. No good sawing.
  7. Halcyon

Um, dude....video game.
  8. Kristan

Every time you trying to bring real physics into a video game God kills a catgirl. Think of catgirls!

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  9. Riddlley

10. Trudriban

I will approve even more greatly of swords if A) they are displayed on your back when not in use, B) makes you feel awesome sprinting through a field to decapitate a dude, and C) if they add a rumble seat onto tanks...yes for that reason
  11. FocusLight

Nice ideas. Just so typically depressingly common to see that the new cool thing for the TR is... the same thing we have already. Horray.

How about a Chainsword, as requested by the fine gentleman above me, hmm?
  12. KnightCole

Yeah, and that big *** double edged sword your going to quick knife with...umm. no..

And ugh, I do not look forward to getting crap like this.

ofc if you have ot have it out, I might just be able to shoot you before you use it cuz you bring a sword to a gun fight...

Ofc its going to be used by those always invis infils...which is going to get old...

So yeah, im not looking forward to these.
  13. Van Dax

in what version of earth is this a PSA?
    • Up x 1
  14. MasonSTL

I was thinking the same thing, this title is completely misleading.

[PSA] OP has NO news on any sort of weapon that is or will be in game.
    • Up x 1
  15. Cougarbrit

It's the agreed upon Forumside use of the [PSA]. I.E, if isn't a [Suggestion], it's a [PSA].
  16. Lucidius134

[PSA] How to I PSA?
  17. vincent-

Well that depends on were the dude is at? Seeing as the first guy to glow like a night light out of the other bunch suddenly becomes that big target that's asking to get shot from all directions.
  18. TheShrapnelKing

The Vanu need to have some kind of energy katana thing that .has a longer range and does more damage but is slow (because you have to swing it); the TR need an actual chainsaw with a more moderate range; and the NC need to have some kind of MAX-style super punch that only works at point-blank range.
  19. Xeenos

A punch weapon with short range? No thanks, ill take a Bangstick though! Good 3-5' reach weapon that has to be reloaded after it hits something? Perfect NC melee weapon.