I think they broke the AV Mana Turret again.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by lothbrook, Mar 30, 2014.

1. lothbrook

I'm used to the actual turret not rendering, but now it seems like the missiles aren't rendering at all either, so they're back to being completely undetectable unless you get lucky on your spot, lol.
    • Up x 2
  2. Frozen-K

It's been that way since the patch that made them auto spot themselves. Broke as you-know-what.
  3. Chubzdoomer

When have its missiles EVER rendered? Ever since the Mana Turret came into existence (which is baffling in and of itself), I see the projectile maybe 1 out of every 100 times.
    • Up x 1
  4. Fangry

The main problem is still that they have no range limit (other than your render distance)
  5. Tentakewls

'Again' would imply that there was a time when it wasn't broken
    • Up x 1
  6. MajiinBuu

I've never not seen the missiles. Even if you don't see the actual missile, they light up a constant 20x20 meter area on the ground.
  7. Flashtirade

AV turrets got their effective range toned down from 1500m to 900m (because the only limiter was how long the missile stayed alive before despawning). It solved nothing.
    • Up x 3
  8. Aesir

Well, they atleast "nerfed" it's long range dps some time ago, by making it only have one missile in the air at all times. Firing a second will explode the first one.

Still, it's range is still the issue, the auto spot was not needed and only "helps" finding the ones within direct proximity, by which I can locate them by sound alone already.

What was needed is either a total revamp of the turret or it's flight time reduced to 4,5 seconds. Limiting it's effective range to roughly 450-500m. Which is still outside render distance, but atleast within the range were you can pinpoint it quickly enough to make a difference.
    • Up x 1
  9. lothbrook

Well you know what i mean, they at least fixed it so you could see the missiles coming towards you, but now we're back to hearing them hit you, and when you turn to where the hit marker indicates you were hit you will get hit again and see nothing.
    • Up x 1
  10. Fangry

add scope
    reduce max range to 400 meters ?
  11. Kimgibbler

The only thing that renders for me is the smoke trails.

You'd think the devs would get on top of this turrets not rendering crap but it's a good thing I didn't hold my breath.
  12. Fangry

In most cases I just end up dead, no trail, no rocket
  13. Frozen-K

Plus it'd be (relatively) in line with other forms of AV weaponry. They're still overpowered though.
  14. Chubzdoomer

Same, at max settings.
  15. EliteEskimo

That's not good enough, there shouldn't be an infantry AV weapon which sits outside of Max infantry render distance. Aesir you have put up counterplay videos before so stand by them. Tanks typically can't kill infantry from over 300 meters away and can not enter and leave the Hex nearly as fast as aircraft can. An invisible/invincible entity shouldn't be a source for having otherwise good open field battles ruined and yet AV turrets do that time and time again. I already know you are well aware of this having a Mattherson primary with SG, so why on earth would you want them to have ranges of 400-500 meters when in larger battles they might not even render under 300m?
  16. Klypto

It auto spots now?

I'm not seeing this happen.
    • Up x 1
  17. notyourbuddy

The missiles used to render 50% of the time (many months); then they used to render all the time (a couple of months); now they render none of the time (a few weeks and counting).

Can't blame the devs for not fixing it though they have been quite busy adding other things to the game - like adware.
    • Up x 1
  18. notyourbuddy

Not yet. SOE has it planned for the April Balance patch later this month.
  19. Aesir

I'm still standing by this that Infantry AV shouldn't reach further than Infantry render distance. The issue is that SOE doesn't seem to see eye to eye with us.

Another thing is that on a moving target the missile will fly longer, making more distance, without actually reaching further. 4,5 seconds flight time is a compromise I'm willing to accept before nothing get's done ...
  20. Lucidius134

@sig

irl animes

Maybe it's just me but i stared at a turret east of quartz ridge from indar excevation and couldn't see a single missile. I was trying to counter AV turret it. I only ended up getting a lucky spot through hearing its rough direction.