You need 50 Spawns in the sundy(2 xp each) to equal 100xp which you get in 1 kill?LMFAO SRSLY?......

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by G.O.A.T, Mar 27, 2014.

1. SmokeMcCloud

Even at 2xp per spawn I *STILL* see people teamkill each others sundys.
    • Up x 1
  2. kadney

And now calculate how many people you need to spawn at your sunderer until you are at the break-even point of your cert-investmen. :rolleyes:
  3. ashen

If it's too high, though, you get people TK'ing friendly sunderers so they can deploy their own and farm the xp...
  4. Fangry

Just disable C4 and Tank mines an they get weapon locked before they can destroy it
  5. Stromberg

none. AMS is free.
  6. Axehilt

It's actually not all that much.

Given the importance of Sunderers in all fights (not just bigger ones), they could just use existing systems they already have in place:
    • Base spawn XP increased for sunderer owner
    • Look at the existing spawn XP limit (there's a limit to how much XP you can earn from each support activity in a certain period of time) and determine if it needs changing. It may not.
    The result will be hitting the XP limit sooner in larger fights (which sort of sucks) and getting much more XP in small/medium sized fights (which is a needed change.)

If they want to implement an even bolder fix, they could rework the current support XP limitations across the board. It's lame to have a cut-off point where you go from full XP to nothing, and I'd love to see it degrade instead where you receive half XP then a quarter XP for the activity (until it resets back to the full value at some point.)

Mostly it seems the problem that the support XP cap is trying to solve is how some support activities (sunderers and ammo especially) scale ridiculously in larger fights, and so it's (probably) good to have some sort of cushion there, but it's awkward to have it be such a hard, brutal cutoff.

Either way, I'm strongly in favor of increasing the XP value of sunderer spawns. It's ridiculously low right now, and that activity should feel like one of the strongest-rewarded in the game because it's basically the most important support activity in the game for attackers.
  7. IamDH

LOL

@OP: I think 5XP would be good. For the people saying it will result on TKs, this is the value you get with double XP and a small pop bonus and people dont TK then
  8. Kumaro

There is a big difference between spawning and deploying mate. A difference that is so obvious that the need for me to tell you this boggles my mind.
  9. kadney

50 certs = 12500 Exp
    I wouldn't call that "free".
    • Up x 2
  10. Klypto

The lowered it because people would TK blow up each others sunderers to take the exp farm spot.
  11. FaLI3N

Dw some people still do it, TK'd someone for trying to take out a friendly sunderer today because he wanted to put his there and that one wasn't deployed. He then hunted me down to teamkill me so I explained to him that there was another sunderer close-by so it was a no deploy zone. He then sent me rage tells for 15 minutes, literally 15 minutes. Was so funny the stuff he came up with, apparently I am the planetside police and I shouldn't of stuck my nose in his business.
  12. Stromberg

oh well, you're right, it's in passives now. i thought they just built it into the vehicle.
  13. Fangry

No, its not any different in this case
    Push "redeploy" then select nearest AMS, guess what, you just deployed at an AMS..
  14. Springjack

I have no issue with the xp rates. My stealth sundy can go anywhere and those that choose to spawn with me will reap the benefits of excellent positioning. Sure I have to lock my sundy every now and then, so idiots don't give my position away, but in the end it is I that feel satisfied.
  15. Kumaro

*sigh* the Deploy bonus is for the person deploying other troops. AKA moving a transport with troops to a location and then they exit the vehicle.

AMS is for the person who uses it as a "SPAWN" point use of words with a broad meaning aside. You just poped up at that point cause nanites!!! In a game this is called spawning. Because in technicality you are dead as long as you have not spawned. short sweet and undisputable.

Thus when using a simple spawn point upgrade to the sunderer which is a 50 cert barley no work att all required solution. Gives you spawn XP for each spawn.

However If you use the sunderer as a transport and move people around on the battlefield you will get a deployment kill bonus each time a person you have transported lives long enough to kill someone. This one gives a lot more XP in comparison. and for a good reason.

So in the end there is a difference between Deploying and spawning.
  16. iller

Keeping a sundy up is already a huge tactical advantage. It doesn't need XP wellfare on top
  17. Ripshaft

There's many problems with raising the xp, it used to be much higher and they reduced it for various good reasons, top of the list was that people would be fighting their own team for a spawn spot... people STILL do that and as you've pointed out it's squat for reward.

Secondly it is compounded by the fact that a bad spawn will get more xp, because more people spawn from it and accomplish nothing then die then respawn from it again, where a good spawn gets less xp as it helps win an objective with minimal effort.

Basically there's already enough problem with people who cant even grasp the basic idea that you want the enemy spawn as far away from your sundy and the objective as close to your sundy as possible at the same time. It's almost always the enemy spawn between the sundy and objective - which shouldnt even get xp at all.
  18. TheBloodEagle

It wasn't always free..

Anyway, I skimmed through the thread, but isn't there a limit on how much total exp you can get? I don't know if this was changed already but I remember reading other threads months ago about how repairing, spawning, ammo supply on Sundies gave you exp up to a certain limit (possibly per hour). Is it still so? If the limit still exists then 2xp is for sure crap then.
  19. G.O.A.T

It's funny how everybody in here mentions that is great that Sundies get 2xp or else high paying members will get too much certs.

Meanwhile the high paying members are getting a whole lot of certs farming AMS spawns.

Is amazing how a lot of things in this game make ZERO sense.
  20. Killerdude8

They should at least buff it up to 5xp per person, 2xp isn't really much to write home about lol