so frustrating

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Roland2TowerCame, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Roland2TowerCame

Lost two scythes on esamir due to vanguards within half an hour. I was not hovering, I never hover unless I'm plinking away with a saron and a 1.75x zoom from the edge of render range. I was at 400+ and 300+ altitude, although maybe that lower altitude one was due to lag (dropped lower to do attack run).
    They were high BR so I feel confident the shots were legit, but goddamn, I was trying to help my squad with the force that had surrounded them.
    Sure, earlier I C4'd two vanguards and a lightning, but that was on Indar, as my TR toon, and they were lower BR.
  2. teks

Vanny rounds are 275 m/s and they don't drop much. Deff. gotta be wary of their cannons.
  3. iller

Sniper Tank
    • Up x 1
  4. Vikingo

Well.... You know what they say, karma is a *****
    • Up x 3
  5. XXBLACKATTACKXX

I remember once I was in a vanguard and I sniped a scythe from the crown to the xenotech labs and he was at least 600m up.
    It is hard but possible.

anyway do not shoot vanguard with saron, use photon and make high alt sweeps. It is easy as long as there is not a damn skyguard
  6. Killerdude8

Maybe you shouldn't be flying so predictably.

If you can be picked off in an ESF by an MBT, You're doing something wrong.
  7. JudgeNu

Wow, what a travesty.

This isn't Twitter.

#nottwiiter
  8. FateJH

Just taking into account the map distance from the Crown to Xenotech, isn't that outside of vehicle rendering range?
  9. iPlague

All a Vanguard has to do is back down a hill a little, and aim upwards. The tank already has the highest vertical pitch / aim + highest velocity per shot. Sniper tank.
  10. Roland2TowerCame

I was using high altitude sweeps using photon pods, that's why it was annoying.
    Oh, I try not to, really I was frustrated because I didn't think I was able to be hit, though I knew it was physically possible. I didn't expect gosh durn *** to show up. He's a tank ace on my server. I've only killed him once and that was by C4.
    Also rockets go in straight lines so predictability isn't really in my control.
  11. Spartan101

Vanguards can reliably hit aircraft? If I recall correctly the prowler could do this too, then it was nerfed because of it.....
  12. Vivicector

Vanguards have the best ballistic and the least drop on their cannons. Who the hell ever said its a close range tank?

Of all tanks, only the Vanguard is now capable of killing ESFs at ease with maingun.
  13. Progapanda

Nobody's safe from the AA Vanguard.