Just a reminder to everyone.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fredfred, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Fredfred

UPGRADE NOW!
    UPGRADE NOW!
    UPGRADE MEOW!
    UPGRADE NOW!

Hey, there is a spring sale going on until the 30th, do you accept or decline?
    Hey upgrade now, do you accept or decline?
    You accept?! Oh, here, let me open that menu page for you... sorry, didn't care if you were flying and enjoying the game.
    You decline? Oh, okay, I understand... I will be back in 10 minutes to see if you changed your mind.

Hey, she said you are perfect in every way, but you could be even better if you were a member.

These ads are pretty annoying, aren't they?
    • Up x 7
  2. Tommyp2006

While I've been wanting SOE to do a better job marketing the game, this isn't exactly what I had in mind.
    • Up x 2
  3. gigastar

Not as annoying as the silence from SOE on the subject.
  4. UberBonisseur

[IMG]
    • Up x 9
  5. Fredfred

Oh no, you are giving them ideas, now they are going to have you wait a 20 second timer to play.
  6. FriedPotato

How can you do that to your game SOE? These new popups of yours are intrusive and disrupt the gameplay. Who's bright Idea was that? I don't need to be reminded to subscribe every 10 minutes! Or to buy stuff. I am grown up and I can decide for myself if I want to purchase stuff. I won't change my mind 10 minutes after. Spamming adds like that is not inducing me to spend money, no! It is annoying, and it gets in the way of useful "Press K request" like friend invitation, seat swap and continent warp...
    Even correan f2p don't interrupt you like that mid gameplay.
    The big ugly yellow button on every pages of the menu is bad enough, but this is too much. Get rid of it now!

And for the record, I would subscribe for membership IF ONLY I COULD PAY WITH PAYPAL CAUSE I DON'T HAVE A CREDIT CARD!
  7. PaperThinArmor

What they NEED is viral ads on Youtube--not this in-game crap. This is only going to affect people who *already* play the game, and negatively, too.
  8. Aerensiniac

I think everyone has it backwards.
    If you want to sell something then it has to have value. Does the current, ridiculously overpriced sc system and subscription model offer anything of value? Nope. Not a damn thing unless you want to tell me that a yellow gun is worth 3000 sc.
    Will it have more value if you are spamming your players about it or whining in popups? Hardly, but you will successfully pissoff everyone.

The decision makers at SOE should have been shot 1 year ago.
    Im happy to see that they are still around to do utterly pointless, mentally ******** things that never fail NOT to achieve the desired effect, but at least screw with the entire player base.
  9. MasterCheef

im sure it will change. They have the right to advertise, but should do it with a bit more class. Its not the end of the world.
  10. Leftconsin

Did... Did you just say "meow"?
  11. Zenanii

Next up: Press Q to open store page (can't be unbound). Spotting is now done with F5
  12. -Synapse-

I'm going to assume this is part of the whole April fools thing, because there's no way anyone with any experience in marketing would let this slide as a serious attempt at raking in any income.