Am I the only one around here who flips the Flash within 60 seconds of spawning it!?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Blackhand, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Blackhand

Seriously! I swear the flash flips so damn easy it's insane. I rarely last more than a couple minutes with it because it ends up flipping on some shallow bump in the terrain! I don't even want to upgrade it because it basically just gets me HALF-WAY to wherever it is I want to go!

/endrant
    • Up x 3
  2. GoyoElGringo

I think anyone who has driven the flash has done that.
    • Up x 1
  3. Alarox

Keep in mind that when the Flash isn't perfectly on the ground you can control which way it tilts with A and D (or your equivalents).
  4. Regpuppy

Flash isn't the only one. Harasser is prone to this to, to the point where I've tried jumping a slight hill and ended up flipping immediately. Both are too top-heavy physics wise, which I guess is why they're getting a physics pass eventually.
  5. R4GING

I don't spawn a flash as there are much better ground vehicles to spend my resources for - 100 resources for a flash ? not buying it.
  6. Hoseheadsux

It is a problem, I used to pull my battle quad all the time. Now it and my harasser flip over like it's their designated roll. I'm pretty tired of losing my vehicles 20 feet down the road as well as the resources you lose. One of the biggest selling points on the game for me is vehicles, I find it frustrating losing the resources specially when your faction has very little of the map meaning it can take up to 40 min to get enough to pull something. No DMG when flipping would be nice or the ability to press a key and flip back up right.
    • Up x 2
  7. lawn gnome

you should have seen the patch where flipping them meant they instantly exploded. that was amazing. after conquering a base with the swarm it was like a send off with fireworks around. i watched 4 flashes explode on hillsides within a span of 5 seconds.

no you are like about 50% of the planetside population AT LEAST. just back off of the throttle and stick to roads.
  8. FishMcCool

I used to think the flash flipping was bad, then i started flying a reaver... For some &"£^$ reason the thing keeps deciding to flip when attempting to land on airpads.
  9. Hoseheadsux

Gentle you must be, reavers spook easily
  10. Night

Yeah, Ill just stick to the roads with my ATV. I wonder what ATV stands for.............................? o_O
  11. Crayv

I think the things should be called FTVs (Flips on Terrain Vehicle) or Flip-TVs.
    • Up x 1
  12. McgeeLacroix

I rarely flip my flash and use it as a weapon of mass destruction whenever possible.

~Video Is Very Related~
  13. Bruno Puntz Jones

Based on the number of upside down and burning Flashes I see in game . . . no.
    • Up x 1
  14. z1967

I can't think of a time when I haven't flipped a flash :|
  15. Bruno Puntz Jones

Try the Surger chassis though. According to Wrel's review it seems useless, and largely it is. But it does go a long way to counter the flippability.
  16. Copasetic

I like to imagine I'm driving through a giant washing machine.
    • Up x 2
  17. Cirevam

I have level 2 surger chassis and I still flip a lot, but it's manageable and sometimes I can correct the flip. I would get the last level, but it's not worth 400 certs while the Flash still has torque issues, traction issues, is expensive, and has an underpowered Fury.
  18. aRottenKomquat

I don't even touch Flashes. And somehow I have the same problem with Sunderers, unless it's a flat straight road you don't want me driving a Sundy!
  19. Cairbre

I auraxium'd my Flash (before it was cool) with at least 2550 flips.
    Now I'm auraxiuming my Flip'n'Fly Vanguard.

(Surger helps a lot since you go slower than with Racer and you have more grip on slopes, hence you need less speed. Turbo also helps once you're flipped. Note: if you want some fun, find a hill, try to climb it, and once loosing traction you'll go reverse up to 104 km/h, or 110 if you have Racer.)
  20. Xervous

I used to flip the flash day and night....

Friendly tank mine right outside vehicle spawn pad? Sure, lets flip on that!

And then I realized that driving a flash is like being on a tightrope in most video games, you are required to alternate A and D depending on which way the invisible wind is blowing you...