The reasons I do not own a skyguard

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zamfwo, Mar 24, 2014.

1. DxAdder

Skyguards burn ESF's out of the Sky.

At medium range a Lib or Gal will quickly change course to get out the cone of fire.

It's the most effective AA we currently have and NO the skyguard dosen't need a buff !
  2. iller

1. Trial Skyguard
    2. Equip it on Lightning at nearest Tank termnal
    3. Drive right up to either a base (Phalanx) turret, or Max Suit.
    4. ???
    5. prepare to **** bricks
  3. Zotamedu

I really like my Skyguard. Over confident ESF pilots are free certs. You will also ruin Liberator's farms. No sane Liberator will hover around with their Zepher when a Skyguard is around. It forces them to do flybys. So two Skyguards can do quite a lot to change the flow of a battle by keeping air at bay.

Bursters are ok but only for short range. They are rather useless as the range increases.

It is also quite hilarious to shoot down C4 faeries as they come for you.
    • Up x 2
  4. JudgeNu

Yeah the Christmas special was nice 1sc item daily. Nerf holiday giving!
  5. Cougarbrit

Obviously it is the third option: I am MLG skyguard player who is better at killing ground targets than he is air targets with his Skyguard.
  6. plek

i would very much want vehicle loadout switching in the game.
    • Up x 1
  7. Radiant Stranger

I recently was depressed by my Anti Air Options (Vanu Lock On Launcher), as you stand duty, get very low Certs, and most of the time the Aircraft flare your rocket away.
    So I trialed alternatives:
    I wanted to try Lancer (to counter those flares), Skyguard and the second Burster.
    Lancer didn't produce the expected results in the trial (I was not good enough to hit Aircraft consistently)
    Then I trialed the Skyguard. for half an hour.
    I didn't trial the Burster.
    I just bought the Skyguard immediatly.

You actually DESTROY Aircraft with it. You really get CERTS for them. Its amazing.
    Already One of them on the Battlefield is nice to have (till someone sneaks up to me in an Aircraft)

It is decent against damaged Vehicles too, can eat Infantry at close Ranges...
    Sometimes I feel a bit useless when NO Air is there, but not as useless as Heavy with Anti Air Launcher when the Aircraft ARE there.

So the reason I own a Skyguard?
    It works.
  8. TheMercator

I've gotting the silver medal with the second scattercannon by trailing it once...
  9. TheBlindFreak

I've finished off MBT's and Sundies multiple times. IIRC, the damage from a skyguard on armor is around that of either 1 or 2 bassy's. Sure, you don't want to take on one of those at full health, but you deal decent enough damage to justify shooting alongside your allies. And don't play the "If you were solo, you would have died" card. This game isn't balanced for solo play, and no ****, of course a skyguard shouldn't be able to take out an AV lightning or MBT on even terms.

But it is quite effective against air threats, and semi effective against armor and infantry. It is not a worthless lightning gun.

It takes a little bit of dedication to use properly. It isn't something for plebeians to pull on a whim, wipe out their enemies, and toss away at a moments notice. It's there for tankers who want to cover their allies from air threats.