[Suggestion] Operation: Make Bugfree Game O:MBG

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by randomusername146, Mar 24, 2014.

1. randomusername146

Seriously, it's about time!

Why I post this in "gameplay discussions" ?
    Because I think Planetside in it's actual state can't deliver smooth gameplay anymore!

I tried hard to take part in a good battle on Ceres for an hour or so now.
    In this time my game client crashed twice, I redeployed completely elsewhere where I wanted to, also twice.
    And I won't mention all the other alltime common bugs, forumside knows 'em all anyways.

I for one, could really wait for new stuff again for a similar time like omfg, if I could play the game afterwards when I want to, and not when the game wants to...

yes, written while mad. sorry.
  2. z1967

So, normal game development?
  3. Ash87

No need.

Any massive movement to fix bugs would be made obsolete by the next patch. Bugginess will wax and wane with each update, no point in really stressing over it until we have flying tanks.
    • Up x 1
  4. Bonius

I wholeheartedly agree, my client has crashed two times over the past month. Once when I was dual-streaming and once when I accidently hit my reset button instead of the LED button on my chassi. SOE really needs to fix these things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Up x 1
  5. z1967

At least I am not the only one who does this...
  6. Phukkitt

What this game really needs is more polish. Not one patch per week in which the devs are forced to try and cram in as much content as possible to please their bosses.

What if they for once actually fixed all issues before trying to implement anything new, and what if they decided to actually use competent QA and only patch when they know for sure that nothing will get broken? If only they could switch their mindsets to "quality over quantity" they might just be able to restore some of the lost faith. I pretty much lost most of the faith I had in them the day they announced the game was going out of beta when it was clearly not in "release shape". Haven't logged in for a week now because every time I see some of the broken stuff, even minor things, I am reminded by their lack of polish and QA and it's just saddening. :/