Recommend me a $200 GPU to run this game on ultra!!!!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Lochlan G, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Lochlan G

Okay so ATM, i have
    - 16.0 GB of installed ram,
    - Intel(R) Core i7-3770 CPU @3.40 GHz 3.90 Ghz,
    - 64-bit OS
    - GeForce GT 630 GPU
    and yet my game needs to run on potato mode to get 30 fps??? what would be the cheapest and best GPU that i can use so i can play PS2 on Ultra ???????
  2. Nanomorph

I don't think any new GPU for $200 can run this game on Ultra on a decent resolution.

$300 is more like it, or maybe you can find a good used card for $200.
  3. Tonberry76

4. Noppa

660gtx should be enough to run this game in ultra, this game just has rly annoying code that AA and explosions drops ur FPS alot when using ultra graphics and it happens with every card, doesnt matter if it is the best u can buy since it is a code problem like i said!
  5. NinjaTurtle

It won't run it on ultra but I use the Asus GTX 760 2GB and it runs everything on high with the exceptions of shadows which I have set to low and I get 40-60 fps depending on the battle

Very good card and for the performance good value
  6. Zotamedu

I have a Radeon 7870 and I can run most on high and textures on Ultra but no shadows and flora. I have the same CPU as you. So GTX 660 or Radeon R7 270 is your best bet. You should be able to get a R7 270X for a couple of dollars over 200. Those three cards are your best shots unless you want to look for used cards.
  7. Kite Carling

A GT 630 is pretty close to a potato to be honest. Look at a 760 or 770. The 760 is a great price point in my opinion, but probably not ultra all the way. Shadows can be turned down, for example.

Edit: And 2GB is fine for a 760GTX. Don't bother with 4GB
    • Up x 3
  8. ackerx

I'm running PS2 on ultra with Xeon E3 1230v + GTX660 +4g ram with SSD on 1920x1200.
    Everything is smooth as well. never expect any lag.
  9. Paulus

If you're on a single monitor at 1080p, 60Hz refresh rate, then something like a GTX 660 Ti will do the job for the price you've stated*.

*worth mentioning, put shadows to Medium or Low, as they put a disproportionate amount of stress on the GPU for not a lot of gain.
  10. Dragam

Paulus :

I disagree that the shadows put a disproportianate amount of stress on the gpu... the shadows makes a HUGE difference in the Visuals, and having ultra shadows makes the game render very high quality shadows for almost the entire render distance, while medium shadows only render okish shadows for like 50 meters.

Besides,the difference between medium shadows and ultra shadows, is like 10% gpu usage (at least on my system) - its the cpu its really taxing on, having higher shadow settings.
  11. ShotgunGuru

Yeah, definitely get a gtx 660, but if you have power problems get a gtx 750 ti because those things run on 60 watts and can still run the game on ultra at around 30-40 fps.
    Hope this helps!
    -ShotgunGuru
  12. TheAppl3

Your video card is a potato, thus you need to run potato mode.

GTX660 or better does high/ultra just fine. Ensure that your PSU isn't trash first.
  13. HotPepperDelivery

GTX 750 or GTX 750 TI will do a job since they are using less power 80 watts unlike other GTX 600 or GTX 700 series, but GTX 750 or TI in my opinion will be my good choice to go if you are willing to spend less than $200 on a video card
  14. entrailsgalore

Basically what everyone else has been saying, the GTX 660 is probably what you are going to be going for, as it is about $180 on average. You can also get an AMD R9 270X, which is in $200 price range. The R9 270X has slightly better benchmarks than the GTX 660, but they will for the most part perform roughly the same. If you wanted to save a couple bucks though, you can get the Regular R9 270, (non "X" version) which is just a non factory overclocked 270, or get the 7870, which is essentially the same card, as they took the 7870, tweaked the core and re-branded it a 270. Both of those you will find in the $189.00 price range. Either way you go, GTX 660, R9270/7870, you will want at least 2GB of VRAM in order to run Ultra textures, etc. If you can find a GTX 660ti for under $200 bucks though, then that is what you will want.
  15. cruczi

Settle for high settings, ultra textures, with smoother framerates than going all ultra. You won't be able to even notice a difference between high and ultra most of the time, and when you do notice, it's very minor.

You've left out one important bit of information: what is your power supply (exact model please)?