New Quartz Ridge

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by desdicardo, Mar 18, 2014.

1. desdicardo

The red containers underneath the pipes coming out of the teleport room should be moved forward about 5 feet or so.

[IMG]

You have to come to almost a dead stop in order to hit the highest level of those containers, (barely visible in this image) in order to avoid fall damage. I'm probably going to be sprinting out of those pipes, because tanks have a clear line of fire to those pipes from these east ridge as seen here:

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  2. Giggily

I agree that the boxes need to get moved, or even better there should be lifts. I'd also like to just see that eastern ridge get nuked off the face of the earth.
  3. desdicardo

But...but...where are the tanks supposed to camp? Also it's way way easier to get a tank up on that ridge now. I tested it with a prowler a few minutes after taking that screenshot.
  4. TheMercator

I would bent the pipes down, so they perform as some kind of slide and then be left on ground level.
  5. desdicardo

If the pipes were only angled down a bit that would help with the fall damage and reduce the mbt's ability to shoot into the pipes. I strongly urge whoever is working on this base to consider this. I read a dev post earlier discussing spawn teleport locations and how the new QR is designed to drop you off near those pipes. However, due to the reduction in height of the eastern ridge, it's very easy to park a tank up there and just spam those pipes, effectively neutralizing that option.
  6. Pikachu

I wish all the pipes were big enough so an ESF could fly through them. :D Hopefully I will be able to drive flash inside them.
    • Up x 1
  7. Chicken Wings

I wonder if it would be too much if the pipes opened up into a building that protected people from explosions and wouldn't be too easily camp-able...Perhaps the building could have a theme to it, like a refinery or something...
  8. notyourbuddy

Don't feel like creating a new thread so I'll just drop my random thoughts here.

1. From exploring Quartz today it looks like it'll be a lot of fun to fight in. Very Amerish design to it. (though those tree assets look a little funny in the desert.)
    2. The bases around HVAR (Sandgulch and the Outpost closest to Quartz) seem more defender friendly which is nice.
    3. Don't like the base called Western Post (or whatever its called.) Reminds me of the launch day "tanks can capture this base all by themselves" design. Big open areas between the spawn rooms and the lone point makes me think that its just going to be tanks farming defenders for 5 minutes.
  9. EliteEskimo

I think it needs a courtyard/road for tanks to drive through to encourage exciting combined arms gameplay with buildings on either side to allow for infantry to fight said tanks in a fun way. If not I guess I can just sit on the ridges and fire directly into the base, but that's boring for me and the infantry I'm fighting...
  10. libbmaster

Guys... calm down... Xanderclauss is not done building it, I'm sure the turrets will come back.

Hit him up on his twitter though. @Xanderclauss. He's doing this on his spare time, so be patient.
  11. TheMercator

Most of us are only maing constructive suggestion. Btw I would like that pipe, that performs as eastern wall replaced by a real wall, with the option to shoot tanks from that are on that ridge. The Pipes looks somehow ugly and fat and dont fit into the base.
    • Up x 2
  12. Regpuppy

C point looks like it'll be fun to fight for. A lot of varied cover.
  13. Torok

I haven't really gave it much time when checking the New quartz ridge but... doesn't Indar excavation site needs a revamp aswell lol?

My issue with 3/4 of the Indar bases are their dimensions, there's freaking desert all around them, make them twice as big as they are lol!

for example where's Ceres Hydrophonics I'd rather have a whole Interlink facility there rather than that dug hole lel
    A base so huge it would link with Impact site... ahh the dreams...

Xander you should make it happen!

Also... B-B-B-BAAAAAASTIOON!
    • Up x 1
  14. Crashsplash

It seems the tanks can camp from where-ever they like.

Magriders can get onto about any roof, rassers have free reign but to get a sundy to the cap point requires a little bit of patience.

Oh and the base is pretty huge.