SweetFX?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ned, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Xasapis

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/important-client-modifications.54265/

It is vital that you not run software which modifies the Planetside 2 client in any way. If you do this, you are indistinguishable from various hacks that work in the same manner. The result of this is that you will be banned from gameplay and lose your characters/items.

We cannot make exceptions to this. We do understand there are relatively harmless apps that fall in this category, but if we allowed those they would simply be used as a shield excuse by players trying to cheat. This same rule applies to data that Planetside 2 uses for gameplay. Do not modify any of these files or attempt to modify them in memory.

There are some applications that modify the windows or directx environment without changing the client. These may also result in suspensions unless we specifically exempt them and declare them ok to use.

The most simple guidance here is do not use third party programs which change the Planetside 2 gameplay in any way unless it has been specifically cleared by SOE.

The above does not apply to user initiated *.INI changes, those are allowed, although setting your own options incorrectly can result in bugs.

Also:

I have deleted Skizerz original thread on this at his own request (due to reasonable concern his advice might result in adverse experience for other players).

We are aware of SweetFX, the proper way to fix this issue is to improve our own shaders where possible.

There are some circumstances in which a modified version of SweetFX could result in an advantage for some players. This would put us in the difficult position of having to try to test an external third party program. We are looking into how to address this long term.

Bottom line, using SweetFX will get you banned in PS2.
    • Up x 3
  2. Drol

As above explains, you don't get a ban because you are using SweetFX, you get the ban because they can't distinguish between sweetFX and any other 3rd party software that include hacks etc. So rather than allow them all to do what they please, they advise (strongly) against using sweetFX.
    All this talk of SOE banning you because you made their game look prettier is laughable at best.
    If they simply allowed it, when players are banned for hacks that work in the same manner as sweetFX would simply claim that they are using SweetFX.
    Now do you see why they can't allow it?
    • Up x 1
  3. MurderBunneh

I used it for a year now it crashes my game at start up so I think it is a dead issue.

The only reason I used it was for the Lumasharpen effect that allowed me to run at a lower rez and still have clarity. Patching it out made the game less enjoyable.
  4. SiosDashcR

As someone has mentioned in a thread in the past, I believe you could also remove the "fog" that people had so much issue w/ in the past as well as the "smoke" from smokescreens etc. Removing any sort of explosive smoke gives you a ridiculous advantage, especially when spamming HE rounds into infantry.
  5. Tycoh

SOE Developer:
    "You want your graphics to look better than the graphics we've given you!? Banned!"