Is Indar funner?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by IamDH, Mar 17, 2014.

1. NinjaTurtle

:mad:

2. Revanmug

indar > Amerish >>>>>>>>> Esamir.

While Amerish has some very interesting base, I more often than not feel like I'm in Indar SE canyon which is the most boring place to fight. Go from A to B by following the chokepoint. Enjoy your linear road and lattice.

Esamir is just a land with annoying fog and a large amount of boring wall popping everywhere. What a waste of Space Canada. RIP.

Right now, current Hossin look more interesting. While it got some mountain and chokepoint, it's still got a large enough of flat area with enough trees as cover. Bad point: Toxic water is boring as ****. Looking at you large Dam without any kind of water discharge.
  3. iller

I hate Indar ...

..that said, I moved my Squad there last night anyway b/c I know most people seem to prefer it and it seemed like a change of scenery was in order -- we'd been on Amerish the last 3 hours, and both held and captured every hex I put our waypoint on. *(apparently I'm much better at the 2D game mode than I am at the actually killing stuff in the 3d aspect. Thanks to warcraft & total annihilation which I played way more hours of than CS/Unreal/Starseige, back in the day).

The weird part is, about an hour later the squad started disintegrate. ...like it's just a more chaotic continent I guess and it might keep pubby platoons at full rosters. But it's really difficult I noticed to even keep normally disciplined squads moving on the same paths without constant Voip reinforcement and Cat-herding.

I also agree that Esamir is Canada and therefore easy to hate. Especially it's wonky lighting and excessive fog.
    The whole place feels too passive aggressive.
  4. doombro

I wouldn't say more fun, but I would definitely say more iconic and memorable. If you took a screenshot of somewhere on indar, most players BR40+ could probably tell you the exact hex it was in. If you did the same with Amerish or Esamir, nobody would have any idea where it was without a specific base giving it away.
    • Up x 1
  5. JP_Russell

I honestly still like Indar the most. I'm not exactly sure why. I do like the diversity of it more, but even going by individual bases, I tend to enjoy the intense fights there a little more than at most of the places on the other continents.

I've had English professors tell me a few times that a word I'd used in a draft was not a real word and not to trust that it was just because it's in a dictionary. Some dictionaries accept popular erroneous words and slang based on how commonplace they've become more readily than others, and all the professors I've dealt with will tell you that if you must use a dictionary as a reference, Oxford trumps all others.

Of course, that's for formal writing, but worth mentioning anyway.
  6. Aesir

It's not more fun, it's just more funmiliar ... eh familiar ...
  7. makrome

sometimes i think indar seems to be the agricultural centre of auraxis
  8. gobbybobby

since the Amerish update ive not played in Indar, I find Amerish is now better. Ive not changed continent in weeks.
    • Up x 1
  9. Wobulator

I like Indar for just a few bases- Quartz Ridge, Howling Pass, Mao Southeast gate, NS material storage, and a few more. I don't really like Amerish because it feels too close, what with the trees and all. Esamir is just walls and some tundra. The only good bases there are Snowshear and Esamir Munitions Corp.
  10. Goden

I personally like Esamir the most due to its actually defensible bases but it's dead 24/7 on Connery. Second pick is Indar. Amerish is last by a HUGE margin because the base design on Amerish is vomit-worthy bad. I do not consider spawning 300m away from my capture point to be acceptable. Also the fact they give the attackers like 20 entrances while the defenders are bottlenecked.
  11. AFK1

Indar has the best overall map flow

Esamir has many good individual areas, and better base design, but the map flow is inferior. Esamir would probably be the best continent, if the lattice was reworked, and some of the bases were moved into more logical positions relative to one another

Amerish is terrible, but the "new" Amerish at least has more variance in base design than Esamir and Indar combined. On the other two, every base is the same few buildings copy pasted everywhere, but now Amerish at least offers more variety

The other thing to take into account is that Indar is primarily a flatland, and thus vehicles function less effectively here than the other two continents. With the exception of tanks being able to move around better, mechanically, Indar is designed in favor of easily destroying vehicles. Most people don't want to deal with unskilled players 1 shotting them from 500 yards away, so everyone prefers to stay on Indar
  12. Pikachu

I thougt flat land was the good thing for vehicles. o_O
  13. Wobberjockey

on Waterson, the VS usualy get stalemated at auraxis firearms, so the fight usualy devolves into tumas or xelas biolab.

and the only continent i can get a decent , balanced fight on is indar

the other 2 are simply XP farms as there is almost always a 50% xp bonus on both of them

onece cont locking happens, the VS are likely going to get compressed into a single continent on waterson anyways.we might beable to manage to do something then.
  14. Halcyon

Funner?
    What are they teaching these days...
  15. Pikachu

Funny like and hate lists. :D

I like Indar because the desert is the most open area in the game and the grass lands comes next.
    I like Indar because it has 3 biomes with different sky, fog and sky light color.
    I like Esamir because there are no choke points and it has Eisa and Nott.
    I like Amerish for unique bases and pretty landscape and sky.

I hate Indar because of the high number of bases and the choke points it has, and 1/4th of the map is awfully boring (canyons).
    I hate Esamir because it has ugly boring walled bases and not enough flat land. Also there are the least of nights because the sun doesnt even go down and the fog density goes down at night time.
    I hate Amerish because some of the changes to bases I really dont like, and the map does not show caves.
    • Up x 1
  16. deggy

Vehicles work well when there's cover to hide them from the anti-tank Farsights we've given infantry in this game...
  17. AFK1

Not in this game, flatland just leaves them open for the mindless hordes of heavy assault and AV turrets; while otherwise they could use terrain to their advantage
  18. Elkybam

Depends on what you do on the continent each time, but Indar is invaluable to tank zergs for the open bases with very few cover for infantry. Aircraft evade enemy fire much easily in the canyons and high mountains.
  19. MurderBunneh

I've always preferred Amerish.
  20. IamDH

Because of the alternative form (more fun instead of funner) i think it should be considered a word. Its popularity has skyrocketed and language should evolve. I'm not saying things like Swag should be considered words but funner and funnest have been around for a very long time.

Sunday was more fun than Saturday
    Sunday was funner than Saturday

English isnt even my first language but the second one sounds a lot better.

To comment on the topic: I prefer indar because i can use vehicles so freely there