This Noob Loves PlanetSide!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MrSniffles, Mar 17, 2014.

1. MrSniffles

Im enjoying this very much, but i feel the leveling is a little slow. I guess partly because i suck and partly because it is a F2P. Still awesome! I did just subscribe so maybe that will help with xp and certs
    • Up x 22
  2. doombro

PS2's progression is actually extremely generous to free players once you've gotten the hang of things. Even moreso if you take on a vehicle role. Pretty much any other F2P game on the market will be an extremely punishing grind.

Also, good job picking the correct faction. ;) I'm sorry you couldn't be with us earlier.
    • Up x 6
  3. theamateurassassin

Congratulations MrSniffles for joining us in this game. A warning: some of the community can be bad but we try not to talk about them. Also, for your actions against my outfit (PoTP), you are now on my personal hit list. I will hunt you down wherever you go. When I find you, I will tell you good outfits to fight against on the NC side (why did you not join us?) and then I will proceed to take your head off with a well placed shotgun shell from my Reaver (still don't understand why that weapon exists)
    • Up x 6
  4. ironeddie

Subscription will help. I had alpha squad boost when I started playing. When that ended I definitely felt the drop in xp/cert gain.
    • Up x 2
  5. Elkybam

How long have you been here? This video should help if you haven't seen it:

Glad you are enjoying the game. If only I had your PC to run at those settings.

Edit: The video belongs to Wrel
    • Up x 7
  6. MrSniffles

I figure once i get better the BR's will come faster. And PS2 is definitely a much more fun to grind then any other mmo ive played. I wouldn't even really consider it grinding.
    • Up x 4
  7. MrSniffles

1v1 me at an outpost? lmao jk
  8. Elkybam

By the way, seems like you are still playing back in the WDS.....

If you're having trouble, it's common. You can expect to die a lot in a huge (somewhat unbalanced) game like this so don't worry about KDR crap (quoting from Wrel). Also, just keep farming certs as a revive medic until you can certify into better weapons for all your classes (though the T1 Cycler you were holding seems awesome too).

Just a few tips if you needed them. You do seem quite experienced.
    • Up x 1
  9. NinjaTurtle

Welcome to the meat grinder
  10. Cowabunga

Welcome buddy! :) Also wise choice on faction - Glory is loyalty perfected! :
  11. GoEErs

MrSniffles,

Let me say you did the TR proud in your video. Progression can be a grind but the subscription will help with the 500 certs a month and anything you earn in game. Passive certs and XP are also bumped with the sub as well. As your level of dedication grows so grows the benefits. After 6 months of a sub you will be fully vested and enjoy the full blessing of your premium subscription. You can also purchase station cash via a Planetside 2 card from Gamestop or with a credit card. Station Cash allows you to buy new weapons, armor,camo,etc....I would do the gamestop card as you will get the NS-44 Commissioner as a freebie for use on any character you create. Also, owning more territory also means additional perks for XP, Shield Regen,Health, etc.....In other words it's time to kick those stinking Vanu and NC in the head. Glad you picked a respectable faction. The beer and pizza are on you.:D
    • Up x 3
  12. cruczi

Definitely. As a subsriber your passive cert gain is a lot better, I suggest creating characters to fill those empty slots and logging into them daily to retrieve their passive certs. I subbed about 3 months ago, I have 6 characters since then and each one of them has gained about 4k worth of passive certs so far (48 per day), with another 12k to come until the subscription runs out. Totalling about 100,000 passive certs across all characters to spend on anything I like
  13. doombro

I see you're on waterson!

One of the first things you'll want to do is join an outfit. Having a community to play with is the cornerstone of enjoying the game in its full longevity. I highly recommend you give RTIL's public squads a look to get into the swing of things. They're great people who are always happy to get new players up to Terran Republic standards.

And if you're ever interested in a teamspeak-using tactical infantry outfit that specializes in sunderer sundering and VS&NC tear collection, feel free to check out [IRNG], the Ironclad Rangers on teamspeak and in-game. We'd love to have a new face among us.
  14. GoEErs

Just kidding about the pizza. Beer will do.:cool:
  15. MurderBunneh

Glad you are having fun. Welcome to PS2.:)

We give up some balance and other things to have battles like that.

I noticed you already burst firing and such you will do fine here.
  16. Jonesing25

Welcome to Planetside 2
  17. Pikachu

Nice signature. Dont forget there's no quit in a TR soldier.
    • Up x 2
  18. Trudriban

New kid that likes the game! You made a wise choice avoiding Mattherson, and I'm sure the Waterson TR are glad to see another friendly face!

I don't have much to say that no one else said before me though. Join an outfit, become a member if you'd like to spend the cash, free grade A pistol if you get a 1500SC card at Gamestop as long as you're American, and be sure to get the AA rocket launcher whenever you're comfortable with blowing 250 certs in one go

I hope you have plenty of good times and awesome fights ahead of you, and kick some NC in the teeth for me!
    fellow NC dontchu look at me like that, you all know most of the blueshirts are idiots
    • Up x 2
  19. Camycamera

Welcome to PlanetSide! :D
  20. Roland2TowerCame

Yeah, compared to other f2p, ps2 progression is pretty nice.
    (From what I can tell.)
    Subscription is so worth it. I love getting 29 certs at every log-in, and I pretty much never run out of resources.
    • Up x 1