EM6 vs NC6 Gauss Saw

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Akeita, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Akeita

Which one's better ? I'm satisfied with the Gauss Saw but i wonder how EM6 is, compare to the Saw
  2. sumsitup

They are both great guns. Better depends on your personal preference. For me, the SAW is the superior weapon. I've got pretty good accuraccy (A) w/ the SAW and a "MLG Ready" (M*) HS rating with the SAW. Accuraccy stats are a bit better for the EM6, but my HS rating is a bit lower. My KD with the SAW is better than with the EM6.

I don't quite get the CQC hate for the SAW; it's not great in CQC, but then LMGs are not great in CQC. I still frequently win at ~ 7-10m by aiming for the head. EM6 better accuracy while moving, which is nice if you ADAD all the time. Quick-stopping with the SAW works best (strafe A, then quick stop w/ D at whatever pattern you see fit). They both fill similar roles, but the EM6 is a bit more adaptable/user-friendly than the SAW.

IMO, it never hurts to switch to another weapon to make you realize how good the SAW really is. The BEST NC LMGs IMO currently are the SAW and GD-22s. A lot of praise for the Anchor and SAW-s as well.
  3. Inf1nite

The EM6 is better if you prefer faster rof, more controllability, and something that is slightly better geared to cqc. However, if you don't want to spend the certs or sc on the EM6 then the Gauss Saw will be great after you've bought an advanced forward grip (200 certs), compensator (100 certs), and a 2x reflex sight (5 or 30 certs). The Gauss Saw is a great weapon, but if you can't really control the crazy recoil and/or have bad aim, then go for the EM6 (500 certs). I'd suggest a compensator (100 certs), forward grip (100 certs), and a 2x reflex sight (30 certs). If you want the Gauss Saw, then you just need to dump 330 (or 305 idk how much the 2x reflex costs on the starter weapons) and 730 certs into the EM6 if you buy it with certs (230 certs if you buy the weapon with SC).
  4. TheBloodEagle

You're basically choosing one quality over the other. Do you prefer Damage or ROF?
  5. cruczi

There is no "better". There is only different.
  6. Goretzu

The EM6 is the better weapon in most PS2 situations for most people IMO (and the weapons stats tend to confirm this).

Some will prefer the NC6 though, and it is certainly a bit better at longer ranges (there's some arguement that if you're a really good shot it performs well at closer ranges too).

To be honest though I'd say in most situations you'll find yourself in, in PS2, the Anchor is better than either.

* all weapons being fully certed when "compared".
  7. KnightCole

NC6: Its a good, solid, hard hitting, short-mid range full auto Warden. Its great in defense and drops bodies like mad. Its pretty accurate in short bursts of up to about 8 shots, then I notice it blooms out alot.

However, it has a pretty bad CoF bloom, 3-5 round bursts then pause, 3-5 rounds, pause...esp beyond like 50m. Also, it has horrific accuracy when you try to ADADAD in a fight. Up close, less then 20m you can ADADAD with it, but beyond that, its best to burst fire and strafe a bit, not firing when strafing...its a tricky gun to really use well but its amazing if you learn it.

EM6: Its a solid weapon as well. Best suited to short-mid range action, with the improved capabilities to be used in CQC. Its insanely adaptable, almost no loadout doesnt work on it. Its got decent enough accuracy to strafe a bit with it but its poorer long range ability due to low velocity and noticeably higher bloom then it used to have, means its not terribly effective beyond about 60m or so. Grab the Gauss SAW for this.

I perfer the EM6 over the NC6 due to the EM6's vastly superior adaptability. NC6 is a one trick pony, its good at it, but its a one trick pony. EM6, it learns new tricks and never runs out of tricks to pull out its sleeve.

EM6 has more jitter then the NC6 as well, which also hampers its ranged ability, but its my choice of weapon to charge into battle.
  8. MykeMichail

EM6 with High Velocity Ammo is:

- Easier to control than NC6 (expect a much less fatigued wrist)
    - Significantly faster bullet velocity
    - DPS almost identical
    - Much less bloom
    - Slightly faster reload
    - Better moving ADS accuracy

It doesn't have better hipfire accuracy, but higher RPM means less time between missed shots meaning you're going to drop targets faster in general.

The only situations in which I can honestly suggest using the NC6 is when you've got a massive group of infantry all out in the open (like a bunch of engineers trying to keep a sunderer repaired). In this case, accuracy isn't a huge deal and you can just pour rounds into them and they'll drop like flies anyway. You can do the same with EM6, but you need to focus on individuals more instead of just targeting the group.
  9. Hosp

My Experience:

EM6, while being a short-mid ranged LMG, is better on the short end. As mentioned, It can perform in bursts at longer ranges, but tends to lost effectiveness rapidly if you can't control the recoil. But it has a large mag that can get larger and so has good sustained performance depending on your preferred mods.

SAW, is better in the mid range. This isn't to say you can't use it up close, but its poor hipfire and slower rate of fire can really hold an inexperienced user back. It has the best mid-ranged stopping power and can be used as a poor mans Battle Rifle by tapping at even longer ranges. Tends to require a high initial cert investment for full effect.

Also, neither can be spoken of w/o mentioning Anchor. This is a close ranged LMG meant for hipfire. I use it to decent effect at mid range w/ a 3.4x scope as the recoil is, initially, controllable. Be careful though, its small mag size means alot of reloading. Even though it's relatively quick, it is still your biggest enemy w/ it.

I never invested in the EM6 as I've found that the Anchor is versatile enough for me to use when I'm planning on closing range if not in CQC to begin with. I'll usually have enough range or cover to fire and reload on the run. And SAW is still my goto field or defensive weapon for when I really wanna put lead downrange.
  10. Akeita

Thanks for the opinions guys, 1 more question. Have anyone ever use the 2 round burst on EM6 before ? Felt like by spamming it, the RPM can get past 600
  11. NCstandsforNukaCola

You know how burst rifles work?
    You don't have to use the burst even in range
    EM6 is accurate enough at long range even in controlled 4~5shots
  12. Epic High Five

I have an aurax with both guns, and 5,000 kills with the SAW. Here's my take:

The EM6 didn't emerge well from the comp/foregrip nerfs it was already pretty spotty past midrange thanks to the godawful velocity, now it shakes more to boot, which is made even worse by the grip no longer reducing kick from the HVA that almost mandatory. That said, it's a rock solid gun. If you prefer it over the SAW, you're no fool.

The SAW is a lesson in working with the gun instead of making it work with you. If you want to use it on the run, or just lay on the trigger, or hipfire out to midrange, you will hate this gun. The gun has, however, perfect first shot accuracy, nearly perfect accuracy for 7-8 shots, a lot of kick but it's predictable, a very small FSRM, fantastic iron sights, and a rock solid DPS made better by the 0 second advantage provided by high damage rounds. To someone who ADSs and burst, this gun is their best case scenario. It's tied with the Reaper for #1 gun for me. It can be a very good CQC weapon too, just make sure to ADS and enjoy killing people in fractions of a second with headshots. If you're concerned about losing because of having to ADS, the iron sights are among the best in the game.

I like the EM6 overall, but post-PU02 I can't think of any reason to pull it over the GD-22S. The 22 is much cheaper, more accurate, better on the move, and can run with a laser and still be effective at range, making it very versatile. It's a small mag weapon but has an AMAZINGLY fast reload so you're never hurting for rounds. I don't feel like the EM6 brings anything to the table to justify the 500+ certs you need to get it up and running.

Possible all range options for the NC HA

If you're me: 0m <----- SAW --------> Render
    If you specialize: 0m <----- 22S -----> 25m <---- SAW ----> Render
    DAMN THE COSTS: <---- Cyclone/Jackhammer ----> 20m <----- SAW -----> Render

An unsuppressed Cyclone is way, way more deadly and versatile than an SMG has any right to be
  13. EzioDevil

SAW is like a 50m ranged shotgun, only takes 5-6 bullets to kill and awesome for killing another heavies as well (sorry TR and VS guys your guns dont got the fire power)
  14. pnkdth

The SAW is a weapon that feels great but ultimately if you approach the EM6 the same, ie, fire discipline and high aim gameplay, the EM6 is just better. I still like the SAW because it is the SAW but it probably one of the most overhyped weapons in the game. That 200dmg is not nearly as good as it sounds. Works better on the AC-X11 and Reaper DMR though since they're more controlable and has a quick reload.
  15. Bankrotas

If you screw the costs, you can't neglect Anchor, which is not that bad and is almost same stats as GD-22S, trading some hip accuracy, bit more ADS acuracy for ALS, DPS and SPA (only bad thing - no 2x scope)

That said. I would say, Exmag EM6 is a biolab weapon. And it doesn't kick that much at all.
  16. MurderBunneh

I want to like the GD22s but I find it has the same problem most of the 577/167 guns have..I find that my targets get away more often 1 bullet short of death. It's really annoying. This happens once or twice it is all I can take before pulling out a 600/167 or 200/500 weapon.

I find those 23 extra rounds per minute are the diff between a guy getting to cover or dying.

The only lower dps gun I like is the Razer.

Edit cause I can't count. changed 27 to 23 extra rounds. Credit to KnightCole the truck driver for correcting me.;)
  17. MurderBunneh

Yep holding a bio landing pad with a EM6/Extended mags is a quick Auraxium.
  18. KnightCole

Amen lol. This is why I adore the EM6 so very much and am in the same boat as you with the 22S. Its a good gun overall, but that 23RpM more. Its delicious.

I have had some nice hackusations when using the 22S in a CQC-hipfire role at the octagon.

22S is a good gun, but since the hipfire nerf, I see little reason to use it. And that 23RpM less looms over my head. I know how many times ive died or not gotten a kill cuz of 1 or 2 bullets. plus only 50 boolets in the mag....
    • Up x 1
  19. KnightCole

For me its Tower vehicle bays.
  20. Epic High Five

As I've gotten better at scoring headshots reliably, I've found the loss of the 23rpm to be less of a hindrance than the rock solid accuracy on the move is a boon. Pretty much all choices are great options though.

What I like about the GD-22S is the same thing I like about the Razor - essentially unlimited uptime thanks to a crazy fast reload speed. I'll go whole giant battles with the 22S and never have to worry about reloading at all, just do it while running in between cover and boom, you're set. With my SAW and EM6 and even Anchor, reloading is something you have to plan for and will necessarily slow you down.
    • Up x 1