Heavy assaults to be nerfed next patch

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Nyscha, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Corvus Corax

learn to play dude. Seriously. It's not an instant I Win Button. It really isn't. As it is now, if you activate a semi-certed shield, you will still take damage to your base shield and soon after that, health.
    And how, pray tell, is a Heavy Assault supposed to deal with max suits and vehicles when he has the durability of a LA? Rocket Launchers, you say? Wrong. Because he'll be dead before he shoots off even one rocket.
  2. miraculousmouse

Heavy assaults have their shield because they are the archetype of the frontline warrior, can medics be shooting as much as heavies and still be effective? Yes, but are they really doing their own job which is to be shooting at a green beam at corpses, not bullets at the enemy. Honestly mostly every class can deal with vehicles, LAs and Medics can do it at a very high risk to themselves, same with heavies but they can also use rocket launchers which take a lot more to kill the vehicle. And still you are at risk of snipers and other infantry. Engineers are the best AV class in the game with the turret my friend.
    • Up x 1
  3. Goretzu

That's the big issue.

Basically if they do that they may as well remove the other 2 shields and just leave the resist one, as it will be the only one worth the certs.
  4. RockPlanetSide2

Anybody can spout out latency, blah blah blah, human reaction times, blah blah blah, the truth is that the overshield saves 1000s of nubs every day that have no business winning a 1v1 fight simply because they can instantly take less damage. It's not up for debate, or nonsense discussion, thats how the game currently works and it is BAD DESIGN.

Just nerf it and be done with it. It is long over due. Period.

OverShield should be for one thing: "I know my enemy is in that room - turn on over-shield - wait for it to be at 100% - and go in". Any other delusion is just error on your part.
  5. Emotitron

All that matters to me on topics like this are server stats. Are HAs over-represented and do player's have improved k/d and spm stats over other classes when playing them? If so, they need a nerf.
    • Up x 1
  6. Corvus Corax

Except this works only if the overshield actually has some increased amount of durability. And then it would be decried as OP anyways by people like you - guaranteed.
    • Up x 2
  7. Hiding in VR

Nerfing them because they are over represented (if they are) would not be sensible. I suspect many people play Heavies because they are the class the seems most familiar to a FPS player. At least, thats why I chose to start with the Heavy.

If we nerf them just because of the numbers playing them, well I shall be expecting a TR buff any moment ... ;)

Still, I would be interested to see some figures on it. If I were to make a bet, I would say that for soloist and new players the Heavy features prominently, but for people in Outfits, it is one of the least used.
    • Up x 1
  8. Posse

CML would disagree with you :p

But yes, in the average DA squad, you don't see many heavies, it will probably be me and 1 or 2 more guys, though it usually depends on the base, in Bio Labs or when attacking a tower you'll probably see many of us flying around as LAs (yes, even me). If we're defending subterranean, you'll probably see a lot of heavies :D
  9. Emotitron

That's why I also included whether or not they show better K/Ds and SPM. No one stat will dictate the need for nerfing or buffing. Many also go that route because it is the only infantry class able to take on vehicles uncerted.

SOE would eliminate many of these conversations if they were clear with each adjustment to classes/vehicles what it is they are attempting to correct for.
  10. WarmasterRaptor

If they do some work on the shields with a ramp up mechanic, they should rework the mechanic of the shields themselves.
    If they all need a "preparation" time, they will have to upgrade them to balance it, so... whiners, you want to fight against even better shields??

Or they will make completely new shield types and refund the certs spent on the ones we currently use.

An explosive exclusive resist shield, against vehicles

A small arm exclusive resist shield, against infantry

And keep the resist shield as a middle ground, working equally on all type of damage.

All working like the resist. Good bye different mechanics, but you now have the dang prep time though!

I know they aren't great ideas. Just like breaking the shield mechanic of the Heavy Assault isn't.
    • Up x 1
  11. MurderBunneh

In the case of SAW vs Reaper the Reaper has better moving ads and the same standing ads accuracy. So ya my comment stands and is a fact.
  12. cruczi

You said LMG's have the worst ADS accuracy. That there's an assault rifle with better moving ADS accuracy doesn't make your comment a fact ... o_O

SMG's have the worst ADS accuracy (read: not COF bloom) out of any weapon type bar shotguns.
  13. MurderBunneh

Been playing 95%medic for a week now and there will be no going back.

I only use HA for AV work and an occasional Jackhammer/Conc room clearing. This after playing 90% HA for a year.

Playing medic my K/D is up, kills are up, SPM is up there is really no downside. Equip Nano 5 and you will feel like a HA that can rez. Plus you can always carry C4 cause no need for med kits.

With HA you need the shield to make up for the LMG numerous disadvantages. Like slow equip time horrible recoil slow reset after single shots and the shield itself makes you a target.

Where as just play medic and get the dps and accuracy from a gun that shoots where you point it with great out of the box hipfire. (the Reaper has the worst hipfire of any AR and still has equal to the Anchor with a ADV Laser equipped).

I am not trying to convince anybody of anything here they can nerf the shield to **** for all I care.
  14. MurderBunneh

Duh really? Don't be ignorant of course I wouldn't think a CQB specialized weeapon to have the ads and range of a AR/LMG.

HA can equip Subs anyway so why would you even bring it up?

Maybe you can bring up shotguns next? They have bad ads too. What are you 12?
  15. MurderBunneh

Yep same as when they see your 10 k/d in a ESF.
    • Up x 2
  16. KnightCole

^^This lol^^

If KD is hte measuring stick, then wow do ESF and Libby need the biggest wack with the nerf bat the world as ever seen.

And besides, my Medic has a 5.33KD while my HA has only a 5.1 or so.

Ofc my medic has 500 some kills while my HA has over 10K.....but yeah. KnightElvira is my medic if any random dude wants to check...for w/e odd reason...

Its not impossible to get a good KD with another class besides HA.
    • Up x 2
  17. GotCerts

I don't think they need a nerf honestly. I play Heavy alot but I sometimes play other classes and it's not uncommon for me to get gunned down by some Engineers and Medics.

Infiltrator have their cloak (stalker/hunter) allowing them to camp and get the drop on Heavy Assaults. Just don't decloak directly in front of a HA... I have a crap comp so when someone cloak, they are completely invisible to me.

Engineers aren't really suppose to be in the middle of battle, but they have utillities like 4x C4, Anti-Infa/Vehi turrets that can be used as cover, ammo box, anti-personnel mines, anti-tank mines, repair tool etc - This class is obviously support, what's the point of degrading the Heavy so that it's as weak as a Engineer when you can just play Engie and have all the pros as an Engineer?

One medic can revive an army back. They can stack healing grenades, AoE heal and resto kit together before charging into a room and tank a bit allowing them to take on Heavy

LA can easily get the drop on Heavy attacking from treetops and roofs etc - easy to runaway etc - So a skilled LA can kill Heavy

I think Heavy have a movement speed nerf with shield on is enough, you can hardly move with shield and ADS anway, enemies might as well be shooting a target standing still while LA's and medics can hipfire their laser sight, short range carbines and strafe around like crazy.
    • Up x 1
  18. NoInstructions

If your KD doesn't go up from playing heavy over medic than I don't know what to tell you, the shield saves you when encountering more than one person, it allows you to peek out and be exposed for longer periods of time. The extra rounds allow you to chain together more kills in those times of exposure. If you aren't getting more kills with it it must be your playstyle, you also never have put away your weapon leaving yourself vulnerable to attacks.

I pretty much played heavy for a week to auraxium the ns-15 and orion. If I only play medic my daily KD will average 2.5, if I only play heavy it's 3.5. I would take the NS-15M over the NS-11A and the Orion over the HV-45 anyday on my medic. 70% of my play time is on medic.

And also the heavy's saying the shield makes you a target is funny, if a heavy pops his shield and there are two medics standing by him I'll shoot the medics first (you know the guys with the big *** white helmet) and hope the heavy wasted his shield by the time I get to him.
  19. Posse

Well, that's the point of an assault class... if you could average similar KDR with a medic on top of being able to revive people...
    • Up x 2
  20. NoInstructions

Yeah I was just replying to the guys on the last page saying they get just as many kills as medic.