NC: Opinions on the current AC-X11 and Reaper DMR?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DashRendar, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Nephi1im

This x1000. The X11 is absolutely terrible compared to the GD7 and the Razor (and the Merc for that matter). They pretty much did a terrible job with balancing guns since everything with 800+ ROF is hands down best in class. If they would actually make lower ROF stuff noticeably better or easier to use at greater range, it might help, but that fact is that the majority of the game happens in CQC so what ever reigns there is best in class.

To top it off, the range capability (when needed) is still generally worse on the "higher range/more damage" guns. Tap firing an 800+ ROF gun is stupidly easy. Heck I find it substantially easier to get mid range kills with the GD10 than the X11, which is saying something.
    • Up x 2
  2. Alarox

The only situations where these guns are better than anything in their class are long-range engagements where you're stationary.

Except, the Razor is even better than the ACX-11 at this.

So the Gauss Saw is a good weapon, the Reaper is a niche weapon, and the ACX-11 is only a guilty pleasure for some people.
  3. MurderBunneh

The Reaper is the best gun in the game imo. To call it niche is just silly.

Run it with HVA Laser Comp 3.4 scope. I know everyone will say that you need to get the AFG but you don't. The Reaper has almost no horizontal chatter. AFG gives 30% less horizontal recoil but 30% of nothing is still nothing. Comp ensures you get more shots on target per burst. Laser with the Comp and you have a Hip cof the same as a Anchor with ADV Laser.

So this setup will give you awesome mid range and the power to still hipfire at close range. Make no mistake the Reaper is a MORE accurate SAW with 90% less recoil and much faster reset after shots allowing you to get very accurate single shots off rapidly.

I feel it has a nerf coming I do way better as medic with this gun then HA with any of the LMG.
    • Up x 1
  4. GustavoM

AC-X11 is beast if you can headshot easily. But then again, you would be looking for something more versatile and effective for close-to-mid ranges (Most engagements happens in 20m to 40m ranges), which is the Cyclone.
    • Up x 1
  5. Paperlamp

Both are actually significantly easier to handle recoil wise than the SAW(lower vertical and first shot multi), but lower mag size and velocity particularly the AC-X11 - HVA is a must. I am close to auraxium with the AC-X11 on my NC and it's my favorite carbine across all factions alongside the Mercenary - tough choice between the two really.

Part of it may be that you're just used to HA, and the shield was a major factor in your success facing higher RoF weapons.
  6. KnightCole

DMR, its dangerous. About as good as a SAW with a quarter or less of the mag cap. I just think its velocity could use a nice buff just like the Battle Rifles got.

600ms so it can be a ranged rifle like its supposed to.
    • Up x 1
  7. Surmise

Guys you missed all out on one big fun fact, reaper AR with HVA gets 100 muzzle velocity as oposed to 50 default, only gun with that priviledge, its worth putting even without compensator.
  8. Epic High Five

I use ammo belt with the LA and grenade bandoleer+revive grenades with the Medic. The DPS of the 200/500 weapons is actually higher than the 143/698 weapons like the VS defaults and the SVA-88, etc etc, so you can take people down crazy fast.

This needs to be put to rest. X11 with a laser has great hipfire and better dps than a lot of guns that would be picked ahead of it based on that alone. Higher ROF just means more bullets missed, and a lower skill ceiling. Lots of horizontal shake and blowing through a magazine in no time is way too huge a sacrifice in utility for a perceived benefit in CQC.

You mention the Razor specifically but lol, you know it only has 50 more rpm than the X11 right? And even worse dps and hipfire? How on earth is that a better CQC gun?
  9. DeadlyPeanutt

as an engie main, i love the x11 (with compensator and advanced forward grip) for mid range and limited short range. i ADS in most cases and can headshot with ease unless the range is less than 2m. with the punch of this weapon, that's a sure kill. i've downed HA many times at 10 to 20m.

but again, i almost never hip fire and i'm a high aim type player. also, i don't count on kills for certs, cause i'm repairing, ammo and such.

my idea of fun is doing pocket engie while headhotting around the edges of my MAX with the X11.

(fwiw, the sound of the x11 is great, a good solid thump, thump, thump)

x11 for NC and pulsar c for VS are my main weapons now (pretty much the same weapon except one is purple).
  10. Trudriban

I think he meant if both have laser sights, or if both have none at the same time. Razor also has a faster bullet velocity, much more controllability, and still has access to HVA if you really need a faster bullet and/or a longer max damage range

That being said though, I love both pretty much equally. Hated the ACX-11 at first but it grew onto me i time. It has a very small niche but it fits it perfectly for those of us that have the 1337 h4x0rr skills to compensate for recoil. Reaper though I loved immediately out of the box. It's a Gauss SAW with a quarter of the ammo but insanely faster reload as well as better hipfire on my second favorite class
  11. Fenrisk

The SAW is one of the best infantry guns in the game period due to it's complete lack of horizontal recoil, low over all recoil and high damage per second/shot. Very few guns can match its accuracy and damage when fighting in medium range battles while still being great for longer ranges or cqc.

I know the devs say other guns are side grades but i have to disagree as there's a lot of guns that are sub-par or useless because of their high recoil, low accuracy and lack of damage per second. You don't really need LMG's/Battle rifles/etc for short range CQC battles as its better to bring a shotgun for them. So you only really want to choose other guns for their accuracy at medium to long ranges, lack of vertical recoil and damage at ranges beyond 15m. That just happens to be where the SAW excels.
  12. Bape

You are trolling right lol? no AFG and you think it gonna get a nerf?
  13. Nephi1im

Um..... the X11 is about the least controllable carbine I've ever used. The recoil difference between the razor and X11 is like night and day. If we're talking about CQC, in a sense you're right since the GD7 is leagues ahead of both. On that same note, I don't like the SAW all that much either because 200 damage per shot means jack if the recoil makes half the rounds miss. The lower damage weapons are vastly easier and more consistent to put metal on bodies.
  14. Jalek

I don't know how anyone uses weapons with less than 700 rpm anymore, the TTK's are too low to wait unless you have a resist shield.
  15. NC_agent00kevin

It actually doesnt have better DPS than most of the guns chosen over it. I had a looong post a while back that may have been deleted by a Mod. This post listed the ACX11, Reaper and SAW alongside several other top choice NC weapons in their classes. The raw DPS was higher than many of our weapons, but not most of the top choices such as the GD7F. They fall in the upper middle portion of our weapons by DPS. That was the intent of the post as well; someone was complaining about how those weapons were very OP. I sat down and did the math, and showed that our (3) 200 damage weapons arent even the most deadly in terms of DPS. I did not, however, do any calculation with VS and TR weapons. It was enough hassle to do just our own.

As for the rest, high RoF and low RoF goes both ways. Yes, you can miss more bullets with the same bad aiming as the lower RoF weapons; but lower RoF also makes missing far more penalizing. There is more down time between your miss and the next opportunity for a hit, if that makes any sense. If you're good at aiming, this is a moot point. If you're bad at aiming, then these weapons simply arent for you. (not you personally)

There is something I dont like about the Razor. I far prefer the ACX11. I dont use the laser on it though. Instead I use the forward grip and compensator. Its got kick to it and controlling it is very important. I never slapped a laser on it because there are better choices for CqC, and turning it into a CqC weapon will just result in a weapon that excels at nothing and does what its supposed to worse than other choices. Kind of like putting a 3.4x scope on a Cyclone - it works, but there are better guns for killing at that sort of range.

Another plus for the Reaper is its ability to go single shot. Its a beastly weapon to control full auto, but on single shot its almost like a scout or battle rifle. The ACX11 can do the same thing but for whatever reason, I prefer full auto for that one.
  16. DashRendar

I think the shrinking of the headshot hitbox may have a lot to do with my issues with these guns. I forgot about that until someone brought it up in this thread. The other part of is I guess they just handle more differently from the SAW than I'd expected. I went from SAW straight to AC-X11 playing only a little bit of Medic. Someone said the DMR handles more similarly to the SAW than the ACX does, so maybe I'll play concentrate on Medic instead.
  17. MurderBunneh

The DMR and to a lesser extent the Cyclone are by far the 2 best "NC" weapons.

Also the SAW handles like **** the DMR is a dream. Some hate the AC because it has regular Carbine damage dropoff. Minimum is 143 where the DMR and SAW never do less then 167. Also since the buff the DMR gets 650ms velocity with HVA which on the DMR hardly adds any extra recoil.

Put HVA on a SAW and it's almost comical. It adds like half an inch of first shot recoil.
  18. Angry Scientist

The ACX 11 is one of my most used infantry weapons, at about 2100 kills. It's a good weapon and an exemplary NC example. It still needs just a little tweaking in my opinion. More velocity, specifically. I just want to know why it has some of the lowest velocity of its class, with the most damage. It doesn't mesh at all. And it doesn't enforce the gun's longer ranged nature. HVA helps, but not by much.

Still, a good weapon to use. I haven't used it in too long, I forget all my reflexes. It will be my permanent gun once I finally polish off my last two carbine auraxiums, with perhaps the Razor in some situations. The razor is simply the merc on steroids, and I love it.
    • Up x 2
  19. Epic High Five

I guess all the complaints about the "kick" of the Reaper and X11 are what confuse me the most, because I feel like those two guns have like zero recoil. I've actually got my highest accuracy ratings and one of my highest headshot % with my Reaper and I use that at EVERY range where bad guys appear and if I'm safe to do so I'll just lay on the trigger and hope enough land to get a kill (and at 167 minimum damage this often is the case!)

Maybe it's my 5,000 SAW kills that have totally deadened me to vertical recoil (certainly no gun feels like it has a long reload anymore that's for sure) but I can run no grip no comp on either of these weapons and absolutely just melt people out to 100-150m with 6-12 round bursts (depending on range of course)

Compared to like, the Pulsar or whatever yeah, they've got some kick. But that's the cost of not being a tiny DPM peashooter of a gun :cool:

X11 isn't a longer ranged gun. No carbine is REALLY a long range gun but that honor is firmly in the hands of the very excellent Razor.
    • Up x 1
  20. AssaultPig

the ACX-11 is pretty bad. Its velocity is laughably low for the long range role that it seems to be trying to fill, and its low ammo count, low RoF and awful hipfire stats make it really frustrating to use at short-ish range or in CQC.

I don't play medic on my NC character so I'm not super familiar with the reaper. It's a bit more of a balanced weapon, but its velocity still isn't great.

IMO use the razor if you don't want to use the GD-7F, and if you must play long-range medic either just stick with the default gauss rifle or use the burst variant
    • Up x 1