Death screen shows wrong killer

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by faykid, Mar 15, 2014.

1. faykid

Have not found any similar threads, so I have to make my own.

Here is the deal: my death screen often shows the wrong killer. Examples:

I am alone on the point, a light assault ambushed me. He killed me with his carbine and knife. Death screen shows 100% damage from some random VS heavy assault.

I got blown up in my tank, instagibbed by tank mines. Death screen shows I took ~30% damage from a carbine, ~40% damage from a sniper, and the rest is frag grenade.

I got destroyed by Dalton (OHK'ed). Death screen shows I was killed by an TR max with Pounder (there is no TR at this base, no TR maxes, the base is empty, and i was running to plant AT mines, but a random liberator got me)

I got double shot by a shotgun (i heard the sound and saw tracers). Death screen shows i was killed by NS-15M and some SMG (no shotgun, nothing).

Etc., etc. This is really confusing.
  2. AssaultPig

This happens to me too, although in my case it shows my killer from the previous life. So if I get killed by a TR MAX, then respawn and get killed by a liberator, the death screen that should show the lib shows the MAX again.

This would happen occasionally with the old death screen, but seems to happen all the time with the new one.
  3. Fockl0re

Yep , This is Happening to me as well , today a max killed me with his punch where there was no max around , and i wasn't killed by a max either previously . after the last update every thing has gone to the ground .
  4. Ravenwolf Foxtrack

I've been getting the death screen showing the previous killer instead of the current one.
  5. noobindo

Also, new death screen ignore some kills and other xp events.
    For example, I and one guy killed each other. I got exp for kill and ribbon. But death screen shows me only ribbon.
    How could I get a gun ribbon without killing anyone?
  6. MrMilitaryDude

I've noticed the same thing tonight. My lightning hasn't taken any damage yet and all of a sudden it blows up (tank mines or c4), but shows that 100% damage is from a sniper rifle... I enjoy playing an infiltrator - I want HIS sniper rifle if it can do that!
  7. faykid

I now realize that this is the previous killer rather than random killer. But it does not have to be the one who killed you the previous time, it can be a killer from long time ago - hence all the randomness.

I hope they will fix the deathscreen issues (unable to quit it, incorrect info, etc). I like it, but its way too buggy now. And why don't they aqcknowledge it? A dev could drop a line or two in this thread or another, just to let us know they know.