So i already tried out TR and NC

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ViruZHUN, Mar 16, 2014.

1. ViruZHUN

Hello!

I made a thread yesterday "Whats the best faction" By ViruZX8X (me) but i deleted that account because i made a TR guy and i wanted the some bonus stuff thats why i reregistered on another website.

I can tell you that i experienced that TRs base weapons is better then NCs Baseweapons.

Before i decide which faction is the faction for me i want to try out all 3 of them.

NC was the first faction i tried, now i tried TR. I have Vanu left.

So those who tried all Factions i want your experiences explained. I mean which one you felt was best faction?
    Also whats your experience with Vanu?

What are the benefits with VS and what are the cons?
  2. ViruZHUN

Also which server is Vanu overpopulated on?

I need a EU server (i live in sweden)
  3. minhalexus

Its all up to you.
    Go with the one you like not with the others like.

VS benefits:- Accuracy + Versatility + Unique special weapons

And yea, dont go on the overpop factions, if you want a better gaming experience, try the mid-pop or low-pop factions.
    • Up x 3
  4. p10k56

TRs base weapons is better then NCs Baseweapons:eek::eek::eek: :confused::confused::confused:
    • Up x 2
  5. notyourbuddy

NC:
    - Some very unique and fun infantry weapons.
    - Best Anti-Tank MBT
    - MAX looks and feels like an absolute beast (even though its really not.)
    - Infantry cosmetics suck (unless you want a box-shaped head.)

TR:
    - Generic faction in every conceivable way.

VS:
    - Easy mode in every conceivable way.

Welcome to Planetside2!
  6. ViruZHUN

Yes i know you are a NC fanboy:DD

I am not a fanboy i am neutral:D
  7. GardenOfSilver

To be fair, the TR weapons are generaly easier to use than the NC and, to a lesser degree, the VS ones if nothing but having higher RPM. You need less familiarity with PS2 weapon mechanics and handling to do really well starting TR guns for indoors fighting, which is usualy where fight's are most intense in my experience.

The VS, and definately more so the NC weapons, scale better with experience. The Mercenary isn't as reliable as a Trac-5 or even a Solstice up close... but it feels comfortable to use and hits fairly well up to at least twice the range. Or so it feels at least.
  8. Hatesphere

please stop spreading that BS about VS being "easy mode"

the scale is really like this

VS: easy
    TR: still pretty easy
    NC: still pretty easy
    • Up x 1
  9. LT_Latency

Just pick the faction you like.

It's a endless circle of buffs and nerfs, If you pick something just because you think it OP. It's probably going to get nerfed
    • Up x 3
  10. GhostAvatar

The TR default weapons may or may not be the best default weapons (thats debatable). The thing with TR is thats about it for the rest of the game, there is a serious lack of variety in infantry weapons for the TR.
    • Up x 1
  11. Matixzun

In general it could be said that VS is somewhat like an easy mode for infantry, while TR is medium mode and NC hard mode, of course the difference isn't that big to impact gameplay completely, and it's in no way the rule in all cases, there are differences in each case to that.
  12. ViruZHUN

Yes, i am currently trying out Vanu and it feels easier to kill with...
  13. TheFamilyGhost

First...how old are you?
  14. Paperlamp

Since you think the TRAC-5 is better than the Mercenary, the CARV better than the SAW, I'd definitely say go Vanu.
  15. ViruZHUN

I am 15 years old.

Okay currently brainoverheating over what to choose:0
  16. Botji

Its the tight fitting spandex that makes you feel safe so it feels like the fights are over quicker.

Picking a faction for the infantry weapons is imo the wrong way to go about it since they are very similar, the biggest difference between factions is in the ESF, MBT and their empire weapons.

The only infantry weapon I miss from VS when I play TR/NC is the Lancer, I love my Lancer.
  17. Vixxing

Join Cobalt as VS and i can help you out... (im also a swede) Biggest cons as VS is new Phaseshift, (worst weapon ever) and the fact magrider is by far the worst tank at AA, both Vanguard and Prowler can with a little skill easily take out ESF and Libs with maingun, Magrider is useless at that... (lowest damage, slowest projectiles, biggest drop AND you got to tilt tank 60 degrees to even be able to shoot!)
  18. MadTavish

I originally started with NC (the trailers...) and I played quite bit of it, but me sucking along with Planetside 2's harder gunplay compared to other mainstream FPSs, I switched to TR for a while, only to comeback to NC after month since I enjoy higher skill ceiling and also NC have more variety of infantry weaponry (except for LMGs).

Sometimes I play on my VS alt, and drool over their medium RPM+low recoil, but the weapons tend to lack enough punch for me to enjoy. Also I don't like the default look of VS soldiers and I don't like the desing dissonance between having a fairly standart looking Lightning tank and then absolutely weird hovering Magrider (same applies to Scythe vs. common pool air vehicles)

I admit that often I envy TR their more sleek profiles, because the NC's boxyness can be ridiculous at times, and I would also love having more TResque longer barrels for my NC guns (though they are gauss, so longer barrel doesn't really make technological sense) and sometimes I wish i could just straight up trade my Vanguard for the Prowler (I feel the need....for speed!)

All in all, as a person who often likes to switch styles and equipment, NC was the best choice for me regarding infantry play, due to their immense variety of weapons. However I always look enviously at TR's aesthetics and I sometimes wish my Gauss SAW was working on batteries so It wouldn't recoil that hard.
  19. Kurohagane

The most basic differences, imo, are:

VS has a lot of controllability and accuracy, and has very versatile weapons overall. They focus on fast reloads, too. However they lack in damage-per-magazine quite noticeably. They have generally the same amount of shots per mag as the NC, however they lack the damage per bullet, and neither do they have the 40 bullet mags of the TR.

TR's definitive advantage is the increased magazine size on all of their weapons. This allows you to do much more than VS, and with accurate shots allows you to take down multiple enemies in a rapid succession. It also makes the weapons more forgiving. However, they generally have a lot of randomness to their recoil and aren't very viable on longer distances.

NC has pretty rough weapons, like the SAW, but once you tame the beasts i'd say they are the best out of three. They may not be as newbie-friendly, but when you manage to correctly compensate for recoil and gain experience about the game, i'd say they have the most potential. They are alright in taking down multiple foes due to the fact you don't need as many bullets to kill someone, and the low firerate makes them perfectly viable up to mid range.
  20. TheFamilyGhost

I wonder how many people are that old...no wonder.

Ok, here's my best advice. Get out of video games. They are a trap. Get on with real life. Devote everything to your schoolwork, and community service. When you are older, there will be plenty of time for video games. If you don't build your *REAL* character up now, you will never reach "BR100" in real life. Make no mistake. If you fall into the video game trap, you will never pass BR1 in real life.
    • Up x 2