H-V45 is my new favorite weapon

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by acksbox, Mar 10, 2014.

1. acksbox

I unlocked this AR a while back but never played with it much as HA and MAX have been my go to classes forever.

However, I decided that I would need a replacement for HA due to the pending NMG nerf, and have been trying acclimate myself to the Medic class. So, I broke out my H-V45, slapped on an advanced laser sight, IRNV scope, flash compensator, and soft point ammo...

I am seriously impressed with how this weapon performs at anything closer than extreme long range. It feels a lot like the Orion I'm used to, but with viable hip fire and noticeably lower TTK. I think I'm averaging a 12 to 1 KDR with it since I picked it up again.

Only real downside I can think of is the reload time, which feels a bit long for a 30 round mag, but it's not a deal breaker by any means.

Anyone else really enjoy, or really dislike this weapon?
  2. Shellana

It is a solid CQC weapon, and being an assault rifle, it is effective further out than my SMG or CQC carbine. As a medic, I rarely engage at medium range or longer. If the fire fight is at those ranges, I am busy rezzing or swapping classes to deal with vehicles.
  3. Bl4ckVoid

I am also certing medic as replacement for HA. Weapons of my choice : Corvus and H-V45. Have to get used to hipfiring the H-V.
  4. asdfPanda

The H-V45 is pretty sweet. I use the usual 1x-softpoint-als, but sometimes I use 1x-foregrip when I'm fighting on the field. The bullet velocity and cof bloom aren't bad either.
  5. Bl4ckVoid

After playing more, I dislike this gun a lot.

It eats through the pathetically small clip way too fast and the ammo load is not great either. Full auto accuracy at range is lacking - this could be due to not enough practice though, but at 50+ meters I can hardly kill anyone before depleting the clip. Lack of 2x reflex is a problem too.

Based on this, the weapon is not suited for anything but CQC, but there the small clip size really hurts.

Reloading is too slow.

So what other weapon is good for the medic?
  6. AgentSpades

HV-45 is a good gun, but pretty much only at CQC, the dmg fall off on that gun is as bad as a SMG. Not too mention, the run away down time while reloading this thing is very substantial. The only way to get multiple kills with this gun (you can only get about 2) is if they are sitting right next to one another. At a medium range the HV-45 is good as well however, up until you get to a certain point however (past 20-30 meters), it becomes exceedingly hard to kill moving targets since its clip unloads very very fast (800 rpm).

The reload time doesn't let you do a quick follow up unlike the other AR's for the most part.

The Corvus is a great gun with all the attachments + 4x scope @ medium-long, forget the CME.

I know this will be arguable, however I have always felt the Equinox is also a great gun (not the burst). It's the NS-11A vanu equivalent + grenade/smoke launcher. Extremely accurate + situational additives that can help a medic get some rezs off (smoke). You don't really play a medic to be a power house.

The Orion's TTK up close is very very very similiar as the HV-45, but with 50 rounds instead of 30, and a better mid range TTK.
  7. asdfPanda

Learn to play.

Manage your ammunition, or play with an outfit. 7 mags is sufficient.

How is the reload slow? For an 800 rpm weapon, the reload is quite fast.

I can take out targets out to 60-70m with the H-V45, using only foregrip and no other attachments. Learn to microburst the weapon, learn to control the recoil.
  8. Zurhidon

When I started playing medic I loved the H-V45, but over time it started to feel a bit "off". For fun I decided to try the stock gun, and discovered I like the feel of the gun much better. While it has lower DPS, I find I can reliably get headshots with it.
    H-V45 is only good at mid/long range if you can burst-fire 2-4 bullets at a time; the problem is, most other guns can easily out-perform that.
  9. Stromberg

there's actually no reason (except auraxium medal) to run with an smg as a medic or engy/la. the hv45 and serpent outperform any smg.
  10. TekFan

The H-V45 is my fav when running my VS-medic. The recoil is a joke you can compensate with ease, giving the gun a pinpoint-accuracy, at times even at mid-range.

Shredding a group of up to three people who stand close to each other with headshots before you need to reload is quite common for me on that gun.