Welp, time to unsub.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CactusLynx, Mar 13, 2014.

1. CactusLynx

Liberators are going back to the early days of OP ******edness, C4 still does more damage to a tank than a shaped charge rocket, and cheesing is at an all time high.

I'm done.
    • Up x 1
  2. eatcow0

I was actually expecting something more informative with some constructive reasoning, forumside betrayed my trust :eek:
    • Up x 7
  3. DashRendar

I just played for 3 hours and signed off after an alert and I didn't die to a single Liberator. Not once.

"Shaped Charge Rocket" wot is this? Are you talking AV turret?
    • Up x 1
  4. Chubzdoomer

Liberators aren't really OP now, they're just a little more durable. Their major ground farming weapon, the Dalton, was nerfed even more FFS.
    • Up x 1
  5. Iksniljiksul

It has more to do with the invincible and invisible players, sometimes with no-clip projectiles. The game is more like a circus, clown shoes, but definitely not a serious competitive product. It was rather cheesy before, but I'm laughing my *** off at the people they hired to code this pile.
  6. DaddyVinoBambini

I think he's talking about any of the rocket launchers, turret or shoulder mounted.

I don't think C-4 would do much to the armor on a MBT in reality except for maybe direct the majority of the explosion away from the tank, gotta pierce the armor with a projectile on any modern tank.

But then again - we have mini guns with bloom and spin up times, so I suppose nothing is supposed to make much sense.
  7. Nerp

Let me play you the world's tiniest violin.

Lib is not OP, far from it. C4 sometimes doesn't even take out tanks for me, although if someone is able to get 2 bricks of c4 on you without you noticing, they deserve the kill.
  8. Leftconsin

You expected all that from forumside?
  9. Chubzdoomer

C4 does a ton of damage because it's a high-risk, high-reward weapon. In order to get C4 on your intended target, you have to get extremely close, drop the charges, then detonate them. Rockets, on the other hand, can be fired (and forgotten) from a distance. It would make absolutely no sense game balance-wise to have rockets do as much damage as C4. If you die to C4 in a vehicle, you screwed up. As someone who has spent the majority of time playing in armored vehicles, I know this just as well as anyone. Never sit still for extended periods of time, always keep an eye on your mini-map, and don't overextend into enemy territory and you'll rarely (if ever) be threatened by C4.
    • Up x 1
  10. Filatov

People in PS2 are getting high sniffing cat piss?

Cheesing
    • Up x 3
  11. Modern Ancestor

People in PS2 are getting high on life... i mean really high... Omg theyre getting wasted on life.:)
  12. Kunavi

Oh look! One of those Threads where the OP's hobby was toned down a bit, for example random pot shots against Liberators form some slope, ironically while whining about Snipers doing the same to Infantry on the next hill, because it's annoying when the OP bails to fix their MBT and can't stand still! Yay! Hear, SOE! And where were you OP during all the C4 discussions, where 99.9% of PS2 agreed it needs to stay OP and it felt like I was the only one feeling it's beyond just cheese, it's Danish Blue gone bad, especially on LA? And for that matter, what was it that 99.9% of PS2 thinks about cheese? Oh yeah, "Play PS2 the way you want".

Deal with it :)
  13. AFK1

I agree that C4 is out of control in this game, and something has to be done about it
  14. Goden

Or you know, put prox radar on your vehicles?
    • Up x 1
  15. AFK1

I don't care about vehicle heroes

C4 is a problem for it's abuse in every large scale CQB. Biolabs in particular turn this game into a 3D minesweeper with everyone just throwing their one shot mechanics on the floor left and right
  16. Aesir

How do I put proximity radar on my MAX or HA or any Infantry Class ever, except Infiltrators. Seriously I die more to C4 while playing Infantry than in my Tank.

I'm really really paranoid in my Tank and expect an LA on every roof top, Engi with AT Mines behind every rock and AV Manas/Lancers on every hilltop.

And you know what? It's harder to play a Tank properly and keep it for more than one base in large battles(were also the enemy has large numbers) than playing Infantry. C4 isn't entirely the reason, it's just the reason to not get any closer than absolutely necessary to a base.

C4 and AT Mines are great against everything you can attach them to. And as a defensive tool you set up in advance I see no big problems about this. But once suicideing into a group from an bad angle is the best answer to clear stuff off a point, something is wrong.

Not to say Tank spam is right, it's also something that's silly and also should be stopped. Now that underground bases are a possibility, as we have seen on Amerish, actually protected respawn rooms are now also a possibility.

The fundamental issue of the game is it's combined arms, because there is no combined arms. Tanks or Air do nothing Infantry couldn't do as good or even better. It all boiled down to equipping the right counter weapon to defeat anything in the game. And Infantry has access to tools to counter everything, making all Vehicles other than ESFs for scouting, Skyguards for harder AA and mobile Spawn points(Sundy/Gal) useless.

All the pure combat Vehicles in the game are essentially useless in the bigger picture ...

If it were actual combined arms you would want to have Tanks in certain terrain pieces of the map or rather Infantry because it's to dense for Tanks. Tanks should not relay on their protection alone, mobility should be a big aspect of all ground combat Vehicles.

Which naturally makes them weak in dense terrain, like bases, forests and all that stuff. None of this is the case, because the entire "combined" arms right now rotates around "counter" arms that every aspect of the game has access towards.
    • Up x 2
  17. Copasetic

I think you're exaggerating, a lot. And even if you weren't it's no different than being instagibbed with a shotgun, the range is about the same. Well no, there is one difference: shotguns don't cost 100 resources to fire.
    • Up x 2
  18. JudgeDeath

19. Fox234

I agree. C4 should be nerfed to do rocket damage and rockets should be buffed to C4 damage.
  20. Scatterblak

Maybe try reddit?