Strange, sudden and crazy ping spikes.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by DieHard2Live3, Mar 11, 2014.

1. DieHard2Live3

Hey.

I usually get around 200-300ms on Connery. Lately, it's been spiking all over lately, even to as high as over 50,000ms.

I seriously have no idea what's going on...
    • Up x 3
  2. BenYeeHua

Me too, a reconnect of Internet or reopen of game don't fix it.
    It look like it is the server issues like EU one.

Now it is just crash after launch the game, as the packet latency is too high for it...
  3. DieHard2Live3

No idea what's causing it.

I use an ASUS RT-N56U router (amazing piece of kit, BTW) and have the ports opened.

Possibly server issues. The spike started when everyone went to Indar for the alert.
  4. BenYeeHua

Ya, I guess it start just like the EU, after some point that too much people on the server, then this issues come out.

And too bad I can't join the Alert now...
  5. DieHard2Live3

And I wasted 30 minutes of my 1 hour boost. Oh well, it was free anyway, and I still have 10 of those.
  6. BenYeeHua

Ya, anyways, hope this will be gone after the alert, even I can't get the bonus XP from alert...

Now I am just waiting at the warpgate, and having the latency increased 100-200ms by just moving...
  7. BenYeeHua

Just a question, where are you connecting from?
    I am connecting from Malaysia(Asia), I just /yell and it look like only me facing this issues...
  8. BenYeeHua

Look like it is fixed, time to play. :)
  9. DieHard2Live3

UPDATE: Happened again...on Indar...during an Alert.

I'm pretty sure that it's on the server's side, not my side, since Indar is almost always full on Connery for some reason.
  10. Benjamin2501

I am also seeing lag and ping spikes while playing. I haven't trace routed, but it had rendered the game unplayable at times.
  11. Soulkeeperx78

Yep its been happening to me and a few members since Infiltrator update. (On Connery) Its something to do with some thing in Las Vegas...nothing we can do its an SOE thing sadly.
  12. AssaultPig

this has been happening to a lot of folks over the last couple months; there are various threads about it if you scroll a few pages back.

Nobody really has a solid answer; best hypothesis imo is that it's a traffic shaping issue with one of the US backbone providers. There was a lot of speculation from new jersey verizon users, but I don't think that was ever substantiated (and the problem isn't limited to the east coast anyway.)

There was also some speculation that processor overclocks could be causing it but that always seemed like BS to me
  13. NoInstructions

Since the last patch I have been experiencing this. During primetime seeing mine jumping around at 150-200 when I have sat at 70-80 for months. Can't even imagine playing at 200 all the time.
  14. Soulkeeperx78

Just got back from SOE they said it was some hybrid router/modem I had caused this...yet it ran perfectly fine since beta...until 3 weeks ago. This is such BS.
  15. Brainwayne

i bet it's caused by SOE because they now start to reduce every part of the game architecture to the absolute minimum in order to make more money out of their "cash cow" - I suspect they reduced bandwidth and server capacity. Also, in case u didn't notice, this game now changed it's state to a "pay to win" game since you can buy certain weapon items (scopes for now) via station cash. This is only the beginning, guys.
    • Up x 1
  16. LadiesMan217

SOE scheme to drive out players that aren't near the US
  17. LadiesMan217

barely enable to play this game anymore
  18. Ravenwolf Foxtrack

I'm having this issue where my ping goes into the thousands and tens of thousands at random. I'm in southern California, playing on Connery (US west server). Have Verizon for ISP.

I thought it was my modem/router, rebooted it a few times, checked the connections, ran internet speed test (all came back where it should be) and so far nothing on my end that could cause this that I can figure out. This just started happening since the latest patch update. What ever SOE did, it broke the system for me. Doing a Validate Game Assets to see if that helps. I don't have any fire walls in the way of the game either.
  19. Soulkeeperx78

Ravenwolf this is actually a problem with a lot of people on connery...in TRG at least about 5 of us from the west/mid west have this problem. If you do a trace route it should show a problem with a hop called LEvel3.net in Las Vegas. Hopefully SoE looks into this.
  20. Ravenwolf Foxtrack

How would I do a trace route?