Cheating Us On Full Camo Coverage For Vehicles

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JORMUNGANDR, Mar 6, 2014.

1. JORMUNGANDR

I enjoy carefully selecting the camo patterns for my soldiers, vehicles and aircraft. Half of the enjoyment of playing Planetside2 for me are the choices I can make for my warrior.

When I make the effort to go to the VR, and go through the entire list of available camo's for my tank, I also rotate the vehicle, examining the camo from every angle, anticipating how well the camo will hide the vehicle from the enemy at a distance.

After I purchase the camo, I trust the company will not alter or ruin the camo I just paid for.

With the release of the 3/6/14 patch, SOE cut in half the camo that appears on my tank. This comes off as nothing less than a despicable enterprise to cheat us of our camo coverage, so we have to once again pay for camo to cover the armor they have now left unpainted.

Have the ethical marrow to at least let us keep the camo as it appeared WHEN WE PURCHASED IT. Later, if there are players who want two-camo themes for their vehicles, they can opt for that. Let honest players receive the COMPLETE CAMO COVERAGE WE PAID FOR.

You can make a profit without cheating your player base.

Amen.
    • Up x 1
  2. Wezdor

It's a bug and it's getting fixed. Please stop getting so fired up about things you didn't even try to research before hand.
    • Up x 8
  3. HeroofTR

Well, this is not the first time, isn't it?
  4. JORMUNGANDR

Glad to hear it's a bug, and not a commercial decision.
  5. Badname707

NAY, THE CRUSADE MUST CONTINUE!

WE MUST HUNT DOWN THE CAMO-DENYING BASTARDS! BUGS THEY SAY?! LIES, SAYS I!!

ONWARDS BROTHERS, LET US RECLAIM WHAT IS SACRED!
  6. EmmettLBrown

I thought they said it was intended so they could implement 2 camo patterns on vehicles later on.
  7. ST4LK3R

Yes, it is. Just search on this forum.
  8. RHINO_Mk.II

The only issue I have is that camo coverage has been broken on some NC cosmetics for quite some time now: ESF fins (in the non-chrome variety) and MBT plating cosmetics (excluding warrior, I think) are just blue/yellow and ugly instead of adopting the camo scheme.
    • Up x 1
  9. eldarfalcongravtank

totally agree! last time i checked, the new camo coverage on the lightning, liberator and galaxy weren't a bug. they've RUINED these vehicles by adding hideous pointless teamcolor stripes and thus cut camo coverage in half

this company is reckless when it comes to stuff like this (that is, altering cosmetics after we've paid money for them). they don't value the sc purchases like we customers do. in NO WAY am i going to throw more money into this pithole, let alone get a subscription or membership until they get their priorities right
    • Up x 1
  10. JORMUNGANDR

After eight months of playing Planetside2 for ten to twelve hours a day, I thought I would give the NC faction a try. I liked the looks of their tank. It reminded me of the tanks of the 1960's.

For the NC, the tank was the only vehicle I was going to use, invest certs into, and enjoy selecting the weapons and camo for.

I had a great time in the VR choosing color patterns, rotating the tank, and purchasing camo's BASED ON THE DISPLAYED CAMOS IN THE VR.

No one warned me, in the VR or elsewhere, that the camo patterns in the VR were not the way the camo would appear on the tank in-game.

What an incredible disappointment to realize this ugly camo configuration would be the only way the tank would appear in-game.

What a deceitful and unethical attitude for SONY to adopt to defraud the player base of cash.

SONY MUST DELIVER ON THE CAMO APPEARANCE THE PLAYER-BASE HAS PAID FOR, OR RETURN THE CASH TO THE PLAYERS, BY CREDITING THEIR CREDIT CARDS, OR REIMBURSING THEM IN STATION CASH; AT LEAST THIS WOULD BE ETHICAL.
  11. deggy

LOUD NOISES!

SOE doesn't have to refund anything, and they're not going to, because their Terms of Service is airtight. Maybe you should have read it.
  12. Locke

I do agree that fixing these things should take a higher priority. I really cant imagine it's going to take that long to fix given it worked in the past. If it's intentional and they are going to change it down the line then dont just do it now do it when it's ready.
  13. GunsmithJoe

SOE appears to have a blatant disregard for consumer expectations. Other than some basic rifles, I don't think there's any item, be it weapon or cosmetic, that hasn't been significantly altered after purchase. The weapons I can sometimes understand when the changes are for balance reason and are small. When the entire weapon system mechanic changes, however, I'm not so understanding (eg, striker, phoenix).

Cosmetics in particular are the worst. These items are only available for SC and have minimal impact on game balance. I understand that the game engine may require changes to these assets, but surely SOE could at least provide a Quality Assurance pass that ensures that these assets have at least a remote visual similarity to how they looked prior. As an example, Dark Digital Camo used to look a lot darker, a script was run to fix an incorrect transparency value (existed where it shouldn't) and then, IMHO, no further check was made. No comparison of old look to new look. No care as to whether the PAYING players would retain the look and feel they PAID for, and so now the Dark Digital Camo is now a sort-of-Dark Digital Camo.

Unfortunately, until some other semi-decent First-Person MMO comes along, we're stuck with SOEs promising could-have-been-brilliant zergfest where the publisher appears to prioritise profit over customer satisfaction. Mega-games industry business as usual.

@OP: In this case, however, the additionally reduced coverage is most likely a bug that slipped past the, ahem, always watchful QA team (Is there a QA team?), along with the wheel bling that now sticks to your vehicle and doesn't rotate.
    • Up x 1
  14. JORMUNGANDR

Sony does have to behave ethically, or reap the consequences. Bigger and better game companies have gone out of business disrespecting their customers.

Taking cash from clients, and then altering the product, or substituting an inferior one, borders on the criminal.

A "terms of service" contract cannot save a company from the consequences of criminal behavior, albeit white-collar ones.

Sony has recognized this simple truth, and refunded clients their station cash and certifications-earned when they decided to dramatically alter the performance of some items in Planetside2.

So Sony knows they do have to refund the players from time to time, has done so in the past, and if they want to keep Planetside2 alive, will do so in the future.

"LOUD NOISE" that, right in your ear, 'deggy'.
    • Up x 1
  15. Alarox

This. It has been, literally, months.
    • Up x 1
  16. Goretzu

The colours are slightly strange too, the NC blue on the lightning is not far off a purple.
  17. JORMUNGANDR

Sony has finally returned the camo to the patterns we paid for.

Thanks.