NC overpopulation and whats being done about it?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nyscha, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Vikingo

Dont worry, we have a new balance patch incoming soon which will make some other empire emerge as the "victorious" faction from the round of nerfs/buffs. Some NC players will quit, some will change factions, old players from the now "victorious" empire will come back and make it overpopulated.

And we will then enjoy dozens of threads every day explaining how everything in the now overpopulated "winning" empires arsenal is OP and how everything in the underpopulated empires arsenal is UP. All continuing untill the next round of balance fixes when a new empire will emerge as "victoriuos".

All this has happened before and all this will happen again.
    • Up x 6
  2. Warruz

This
    • Up x 1
  3. Nyscha

Indeed..
    The worst thing about the NC overpopulation is how annoying EVERYTHING about them is...
    I hate their voices, gun sounds and vehicle sounds ESPECIALLY the Reaver.
    If I hear a reaver nearby I'll go out of my way to spawn a dual burster max to shut it up.
  4. Goretzu

The thing is though it is NOT (currently) as bad as the TR overpop was.

That's not defending anything, that's just stating the reality of the truth. :D

It is interesting though to see that since the NC was balanced in PU2, the overall number of people playing PS2 seems to have dramatically increased (so it is not so much 4th faction as people that just were not playing PS2 coming back).

SOE has got to be pleased with that $$$'s-wise.
    • Up x 3
  5. Frostiken

As for solutions to the NC overpop, well, I can't speak for alternatives, but it appears we're exploring all options in the 'whine on the forums every single day' solution.
  6. Hartkernharald

idk about general nc overpop, vs on woodman and tr on miller are overwhelming to the point where it requires questionable ethics to keep playing a character there. mattherson nc seem unremarkable, only on waterson and ceres they are the strongest faction atm. i don't play on the other servers though.
  7. TheFamilyGhost

Wait. I thought VS were the overpop problem!

MAKE UP MY MIND!!!

Seriously though, balance is boring. If you're getting overrun consistently without getting your share of certs first, you should look at what you're doing.

As TR that plays during Vanu primetime, I can tell you that the best thing you can do is get with a good platoon. You'll have no problem holding your own on a local level- that means plenty of targets, plenty of support, and plenty of certs.

Good luck.
    • Up x 2
  8. MarkAntony

It's the sound of FREEEEEDOM!!!
    • Up x 1
  9. Kriegson

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  10. Decian

Here is the thing that everyone seems to conveniently ignore. A good percentage of NC's "overpop" are brand new American players. They join the "FREEDOM! SPACE MERICA!" Faction while they learn to play. At about lvl 20 or 30 they figure out that VS has easymode weapons and switch. Therefore you end up with usually about equal pop but, NC generally have lower quality players.
  11. Nyscha

Almost prime time on Ceres and not looking good.

[IMG]
  12. Merlock

Why in the world would you think because people like the NC more ( might be for style ) that you have to nerf it? That's complete nonsense? If they will nerf NC for this reason alot of people would change to Vanu because they're better than TR and then Vanu is op so they will nerf Vanu and then everyone is on TR and there are no enemies left. That's what your suggestion is right?
  13. Odin

Balance has never had a real affect on pop. Just 4th faction perception of it. Kids like to play space marines who fight for freedom I guess is all we can draw from it.
    I seriously cant name anything nc has that is outperforming anything vs/tr has. In fact just going from numbers nc is dead last in spm, kills etc in every class and every vehicle. So its not balance. Maybe nerf 90's rock music? Or the color blue?
  14. Ultramarine

Hold on. VS overpop all summer, TR overpop all of fall, and the NC get half a month and everybody freaks out? :p I haven't seen NC higher than 40% yet.

The TR may need a boost though, they're feeling a bit weak right now. I don't know where the population imbalance is coming from, nothing the NC have is overpowered right now. I'd say there are powerful guns and weak guns in every faction, with the exception of the canister thing that's just garbage.
    • Up x 2
  15. Chazt

This. On Mattherson the VS completely dominate all three continents nearly all the time, on other servers I have seen the same thing. Vanu won WDS as well, says quite a bit about their pop doesn't it?
    • Up x 1
  16. Chazt

Remind me to play on ceres then. First server I have seen where the vanu are at the bottom instead of the top.
  17. NinjaKirby

Cobalt is horrible lately, I'm also an NC "complaining".

I love fighting on Amerish and Esamir, when I tried to play through the weekend Esamir tended to be 50% right up to 90% NC at varying afternoon/evening times, and Amerish was easily 40%+ NC at similar times. I don't enjoy steam rolling up against enemy WG's owning all the map.

Although Indar is my least favourite (which had relatively level population), I did fortunately derive some fun gameplay by avoiding the Zerg lanes and pursuing smaller 12-24 vs 12-24 battles.

It's a difficult situation, but all these swings and roundabouts with population unbalancing needs to stop - somehow!