Crossbows taking down tanks

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Yuki10, Mar 7, 2014.

1. FatherVanu

I'm personally not a fan of the recon darts on crossbows. As my primary class being infiltrator I feel these darts strip us of one of the things that made infiltrators unique. Since any class can get crossbows I feel like this an injustice to infiltrators. Now the explosive bolts I'm all for them. 92% of deaths as an infiltrator are who see you when cloaked. These bolts give us a way to fight back and possibly kill this vehicle assailant. Rage all you want best counter for it don't stand in open fields where you are easily spotted and easily hit. Get a gunner a gunner can cover your rear and flanks. Lastly think logically "I'm being fired at let me move to cover and repair." NOT "OMFG I'M ABOUT TO DIE OMG OMG OMG!!!" those are my thoughts and tips.
  2. BOOKEN

Yep I agree too funny how it played out from 4 infi to 12-14 lmao. Well played by the outfit with skills and communication.
    • Up x 6
  3. notyourbuddy

18 stalker cloaks should just chill at the exit of a vehicle pad. When someone pulls a tank they all decloak and instagib it in the hiney for the lulz. :eek:
    • Up x 10
  4. JudgeNu

Ok dammit enough of the big talk.
    We wanna see a video!
    Seeing is believing!
    • Up x 3
  5. Regpuppy

Regardless, that only makes it funnier if someone had 6 infiltrators with stalker hiding behind an enemy column in a heated battle, taking out the wounded tanks. Probably not the most practical, but would be unexpected and hilarious. Definitely possible with the average zerg's tunnelvision.

Someone, do this and post a video. You will receive all my internets.
    • Up x 1
  6. Elrobochanco

If it took a whole squad to kill a single tank, that's right up there with getting stabbed to death in a max suit. You can try to say it shouldn't happen, but the fact is that a whole squad went out of their way to play with their food. They could have stamped you out instantly and it would have been like any other c4 fairy, or AV turret nest, but they took their time to really have some fun.
    • Up x 5
  7. Dcrd

I have a crossbow with explosive bolts and a maxed out ammo belt. It takes ALL crossbow ammo I have on board to kill one lightning if I shoot it in the rear.

The OP is ridicliously bad.
    • Up x 1
  8. DFDelta

Thread of the month.

I once saw 6 or so maxes run up to a deployed Sundy and punch it until it exploded, but Infis (even 10+) actually killing a tank with bolts takes the cake in ridiculousness.
    • Up x 6
  9. MichaelS

• Up x 2
  10. ShortRovnd

How dare they work together as a team and interrupt your lone wolf tank farming.
    • Up x 10
  11. Bvenged

4 infiltrators to kill 1 tank is very inefficient. It's not a problem.
    • Up x 4
  12. hawken is better

That.

That right there.

That is the reason why very few people sympathize with vehicle jockeys. As long as you're given a weapon that can instantly kill multiple people without them having a chance to fight back, you will never have the majority vote.

That is the reason why you're allowed to be eaten alive by a group of bushwookies... 2 of which you still managed to instagib with your ultraskill chariot.
    • Up x 7
  13. St0mpy

Finally.

Sooner or later people will realise what kind of OP these explosive darts are for a single soldier, you dont even need a coordinated team.

Im not going to hasten it by posting exactly why but lets say so far its not been an issue ingame but im sure that wont always be the case.
  14. Bonom Denej

Holy ****, that would be hilarious.
    • Up x 3
  15. Latrodectus

If I was a spitball I probably wouldn't be too happy about it either.
    • Up x 2
  16. Vixxing

You can only use handguns with stalker cloak...
  17. tastyBerryPunch

You can only use secondary weapons with stalker cloak. Crossbow is a secondary weapon.
    • Up x 2
  18. Bonom Denej

That guy surely knows what's up.
  19. Vixxing

Hehe had a few months long break so assumed it was a primary weapon
    • Up x 1
  20. Meeka

People laugh at me, but I roll my tanks with AP rounds and a Kobalt machine gun on top.

Nothing... and I mean nothing... defends your tank better from infantry attacks better than a Kobalt does; not even HE explosive ammo.
    • Up x 4