Stampeding

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MajiinBuu, Mar 7, 2014.

1. MajiinBuu

It is so exhilarating, rushing headlong into battle with your comrades at your side. No vehicles interfering with the death race, no aircraft to farm the determined soldiers.
    I have seen this countless times. They fight together, even though they are not together. I can check every public platoon and see that this is a spontaneous display of power and unity. Pubbies alongside pubbies, becoming something more...

[IMG]
    It doesn't look that impressive, I took the screenshot a little late. You should have seen them leaving the Crown, just a giant blob of infantry.

[IMG]
    The zerg was headed to Ceres Hydroponics from The Crown. This screenshot is probably 1/4 of the whole infantry rush, I actually had to zoom in 4x, since you wouldn't be able to see them in normal view with my terrible resolution.

Every time I see this I think "Imagine if an enemy zephyr lib was in the area" :eek:
    • Up x 2
  2. z1967

Suddenly, swarm of A2G ESFs and Viper lightnings.
  3. SnipersUnion

It's not a proper charge without tanks blowing up around you and aircraft swooping over your head. Its moments like that I suddenly question why I'm not immersed in the game at all times. You have to stop, put the rifle down for a second, and take it all for a couple minutes.

Then pick the rifle up again. ;)
    • Up x 1
  4. MedecineMan

The proper term is "foot zerg" and they are as epic as you describe.

They're also pretty damned difficult to stop, even with vehicles at your disposal.
    • Up x 1
  5. Vinakis

Ahh, good old PS1 foot zergs... Wait, that AMS isn't cloaked :eek:
  6. libbmaster

You remind me of a certain forumside dweller...
  7. Vinakis

There are many dwellers of forumside. Thankfully I'm the only one like myself. :p
    • Up x 1
  8. Degenatron

It really is an amazing thing, and it's 1000X better when another stampede meets them coming the other way. I've been in only a couple of instances of that, but they are indelibly marked on my mind.

You know, I'm a tank driver but there is a lot to be said about introducing more scarcity into the game so that these events become more common. I truly hope that the upcoming resource revamp will lead to more of this.
  9. Booface

Love foot zergs. For them to work, though, you usually need one organized squad in there somewhere doing AA/AV duty to make sure the foot zerg doesn't get bombed into dust.

My favorite foot zerg runs are attacking a fully defended Stronghold on Indar. Oh man, those are a thing of beauty.