So what's changed over the past year?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dakkaface, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Dakkaface

Just jumped back into the game after taking a whole year off... what's really changed? Not a troll post, not bait, I'm really just looking for some kind of condensed list.

Stuff I noticed:
    • Harasser is in
    • Minor UI change in how Certs were handled.
    • Base redesign.
    • I got a HUGE chunk of certs refunded because apparently lots of certs have changed.
    • Lattice appears to be in, or at least is pictured on the map.
    • NC lost it's hard hitting auto-pistol and seems to have gotten revolvers.
    • MAXes now cost half your Infantry certs to field,
    • NC MAXes have a kind of wonky riot shield thing, presumably other empires have new Max abilities too.
    • One new Max weapon - rocket launcher.
    • Sunderer now has AMS as standard, I guess?
    • No new continent yet?
    • No new vehicles other than Harasser?
    • Controlling my Flash seems harder than ever

When I left the game was basically Airside 2: Air Harder, but I haven't noticed a heavy air presence in the last week's sessions and it's largely been pretty fun. Is air farming still a thing or has it finally been eliminated? Do Skyguards and Burster MAXes still suck? Did we ever get a fix for the complete lack of traction in vehicles?

Thanks in advance for helping me catch up.
  2. Tommyp2006

AA was pretty well buffed, the majority of the ones still in the air are the hardcore pilots, and people using ESFs as taxis. You missed the domination of the harasser, which is why it's currently as weak as it is. Empire specifc rocket launchers are out now too. Hossin, the new continent, should be coming out in a month or two, and is available for testing on the public test server.

Also, tons and tons and tons of balance changes.
  3. Pikachu

If we only include things that are noticeable:
    * MAXes are a lot better at AV thanks to new weapons and buffs.
    * Tanks are more durable. Most noticeable to c4.
    * G2A ML are useful. Maybe tgey were when you left.
    * ESF are less powerful.
    * Harasser vehicle addition which plays little role currently.
    * More cover at bases.
    * Improved Amerish in most parts.
    * NC MAX less powerful.
    * Elite liberator teams are killing ESF with dalton causing new forum threads every week.
    * More balance between ESFs.
    * Jackhammer is good.
    * Big optimization.
    * UBGL big nerf.
    * AV mana turret addition. Main impact is annoying the fek out of vehicle drivers.
    * Much shorter time for possibilty to revive.
    * Galaxies and sunderers can spawn squad members inside them.
    * Drop pods dont explode whatever they hit anymore.
    * Nanoweave cert nerfed.
    * Big tweaks to ES AV secondary weapons.
    * Alert events.
    * Smaller much population cap on continents.
    * Easier to get XP.
    * Reduced price on items.
    * Tons of new cosmetics.
    * Ability to deploy directly to other continent's warpgates. In rare cases causes an awesome graphics bug.
    * Scout radar requires driver to stay in the vehicle.
    * Venu no bullet drop trademark has been nerfed into meaninglessness.
    * No deploy zones around bases for sunderers.
    * Big bases has tunnels to make defense easier.
    * Some amp stations got a huge revamp.
    * Lattice addition which is still not adapted for biolabs.
    * AP cannons are much better at their job now.
    * Fury got huge nerf.
    * Skyguard is much good.
    * Big buff to flak armor.
    * Big increase in resource cost for MAXes, MBT and flash.
    • Up x 4
  4. Mortucus

lost of nerfs and pacthes that have the game in the same state it was after beta but even more unbalanced now with the constant nerfing harraser needed a nerf so did zoe everything else was destroyed because of their spreed sheet nerfing
    vs now has no faction trait on the weapons it meant something on
    nc mas was nerfed but still a viable option

vs and their so called tec power is gone and now use warter pistols instead of plasma throwing weapons
    air across the bord has been nerfed anti air buffed

tanks armor vs rockets has been nerfed nanite has been nerfed heavy assults have had their sheilds nerfed on all side and now feel useless sniper rifles kill 1 shot if inside 150 meaters and take 2 to 3 shots out side of it
    engies av turret is still a joke and used more to kill troops them tanks because of the non render rage of the turret

planes still fly to slow{slower then a ww2 fighter plane which could fly at 400mph} 225 km is not plane speed

vanu mbt is still garbage no matter how many time the devs try to say its not{its a cataplut with no fire power}
    hossin is 12 month over due

bugger alll weapons have been added and thos that have are mostly reskins of older weapons

i could go on but i cant be botherd game is bleading players
  5. minhalexus

Vanu's have no bullet drop on most of their guns (BASR have bullet drop cuz they do not use lasers), and have very versatile weapons. (its a Vanu trait to not change weapons for each and every different situation, and i can feel that on my VS character)

Magrider is the best performing MBT at the moment, feels like you just lack experience with it.

Overall i disagree, PS2 has gotten much better in the past year, only one MAJOR challenge remains, and that is to fix the population on all servers.
  6. Armchair

Why. Why did they have to do that to my precious flash?

Aside from that stupid cloaking device, it wasn't doing anything wrong.

And it STILL handles like driving on greased ice.
  7. Chowley

Harasser is out
  8. Captain Kid

cloakers can now stay cloaked indefinitely (if they give up the main gun)
    A new NS sniper rifle.
  9. AltF4Fun

I can feel your pain there...:(
  10. AltF4Fun

I did the exact same as you with the break.I jumped the ship after the shotgun madness.Came back like a month ago.Just test the changes for yourself. Its almost to much to post it all,just to many small and big changes:)