Soooo.... Amerish

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheMudster, Mar 5, 2014.

1. TheMudster

Is the revamp not the best thing that's happened to this game? I mean, there are some issues with some of the bases but overall O_O.

So glad the warpgates rotated so I could see more (as I've simply been in one of those play-my-main-nonstop moods).

I love the uniqueness of the bases
    I love the much better integration of the different aspects of play (combined arms) than Esamir
    I love the fact that it's not Indar
    I love the better tools given to defenders
    I love the tree cover
    I love the underground stuff (Sub Nan Analysis (can't abbreviate the last word) might need some tweaking)
    I love that it's not Indar
    • Up x 6
  2. MaCritz

I love the fact that this game is still very much Indarside 2 (at least for my server).
    I love the fact that I only manage to play the Ascent only once (and with my alt character) since the Revamp because VS couldn't really cap more than 30% of Amerish due to NC pop explosion and ^..
  3. Ronin Oni

Yup
    • Up x 1
  4. Suicide Trooper

Amerish was a tedious and boring ****.
    Amerish is a tedious and boring ****.
  5. Epic High Five

Amerish is the best continent now, by far

On Mattherson at least, during the 2p-2a EST block that I typically play in, there is ALWAYS a fight on Amerish, which really jibes with my official stratagem of "never leave Amerish again"

The biggest thing is that the bases are incredibly organic - NC Arsenal is like a big old weapon storehouse, Shadespire is a farm now, a treetop walk right next to an ecological preserve just makes good sense, and both are designed like they're meant to function as such. Cave systems are now important, mountain bases on the same mountain are all basically interconnected via jumps and elevators.

Mostly though, I feel like I can get my fill of vehicle action AND infantry action without feeling like I'm being crushed by one or the other. Both elements are equally important, but also segregated enough that a lol tank zerg will make zero progress unless they get out of their tanks. And a foot zerg is going to have it rough if they don't get some mechanized buddies as they're moving within or between facilities.

Oh, and I can pull a Vanguard and actually, like, GET places in less than 10 minutes and PROBABLY not flip over and explode. Magriders may not be able to sympathize with this but the inability to get ANYWHERE in anything like a reasonable amount of time without being in the air is what killed Amerish for me the most before the update
    • Up x 1
  6. Crayv

On Connery NC every time we needed to defend Subterranean Nanite Analysis a lot of the NC would yell "Praise Higby!"

I think I'm going to start calling it the "Temple of Higby" if it keeps up.

Oh and I do like the new NOT Indar... aka Amerish.
  7. Captain Kid

I notice how good Amerish is when I go back to Indar. Indar sucks monkey balls. (as infantry)
    • Up x 1
  8. Regpuppy

I just hope they go back and do a massive redesign of indar at some point. With how creative they've been getting, I'd LOVE to see what they do with the SE canyons. Could also be creative with northern indar and emphasize the sand dunes in some areas and create more interesting terrain that way. I personally think the SW section needs to be nuked though and made to match the rest of the continent in theme. Either more canyons or a combination of plateau bases with deadly canyons and bridges, natural or otherwise, connecting them.
  9. Radian12

Indar is popular because Vehlicles can go everywhere . :rolleyes: Lazy players and the fps master race makes me womit, sory .

Long live amerish, defendable bases. Long sieges, uphill batles, mountain baltles and the inferno in intence interior batles that are far better that those boring Biolabs.

Indar = place for Lazy *** players with no imagination .