NS 30 Vandal Thanks!

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by RockPlanetSide2, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Dragonblood

So Vandal is a mid to long range weapon and the Trap short to mid range?
  2. kaolla

i wanted to trial the vandal too but there were no option for that... or was i bugging?
  3. Wobberjockey

Sweetest gun in the game, huh?

The commissioner is gonna want to have words with you son....

DoWeOoWWeoooo
    Waaaaa Waaaa Waaaaa

edit: really thinking of getting the compensator for my nyx now though
  4. Benevon

The xbow had that bug on release as well. Didn't take notice to the vandal.
  5. DrankTHEKoolaid

This gun is awesome. That's all.
  6. DrankTHEKoolaid

Can anyone tell me the RoF on this thing and the RoF on the other semi auto scouts? Why does SOE not give RoF for semi autos. I'm trying to find a reason why I like this thing so much, yet have never really liked the Shadow.
  7. ruhtraeel

I believe the RoF for both are the same. It feels like the Shadow is slower because it has higher recoil, and it seems like it takes longer to reposition after every shot. However, the RoF for semi-auto guns doesn't matter nearly as much as the bloom per shot, because even if one fires faster than another and you can reposition your gun on the target, if you fire too fast, the bullets won't go to where your crosshair is (which pisses me off a lot. If my crosshair is on somebody and I can manually control my recoil, I expect my bullets to go to the middle instead of random directions)

I own the Shadow, and I've really dug deep to compare the two. At first, the Vandal seemed better in every single way; it had less recoil, and is more accurate when hipfiring. However, upon testing it more, I realized where the Shadow was better.

The Shadow, while having more vertical recoil, has no horizontal recoil. The Vandal on the other hand, has this weird horizontal recoil pattern, where it SOMETIMES recoils perfectly straight up, but other times gets pulled slightly to the left. I was confused as to why I was having such a harder time shooting the Vandal while strafing at further targets than I did with the Shadow, even knowing that the Shadow has more vertical recoil. Adding the foregrip also doesn't help, as the foregrip only applies to sustained fire weapons.

Another thing is that I dislike both 3.4 scopes that are available for it. The LACO makes landing hits at distance a lot harder due to the size of the giant red dot, and how you can't centre it as well. The other one has this weird quasi-triangle thing that is confusing as well. It lacks scopes that are a simple cross, except for one 4x one, which I wouldn't put on it anyways (too far).

I was dead set on getting this gun and completely replacing my Shadow, but I realized that the Vandal is a noticeably closer range gun than the Shadow is.

It's a tough decision whether or not to get the gun for me, because while they both have their niches (Vandal = closer range, Shadow = longer range), the difference isn't significant enough to easily warrant another gun purchase, as my Shadow can be used well in mid-range, and the Vandal is still legitimate at longer ranges.
  8. DrankTHEKoolaid

Thanks. I've racked up about 250 kills now with the Vandal and absolutely love it. Where as I've never really found a groove with the Shadow. I've been trying to figure out why by comparing the stats and I couldn't quite put a finger on it. I think before I do my review on the Vandal I'm gonna go back and use the Shadow for a 100 kills or so again. But just by looking at my own personal stats between the two, I'm much better with the Vandal, running over a 51% accuracy while only running a 37% or so with the Shadow. I think a lot of this is my own personal setup, but also I do prefer closer engagements so maybe the Vandal is just better for me.

Either way I'll have my review up next week, but like I said, I wanna squeeze in some time with the old semi autos first.
  9. Benevon

Don't forget the faster ADS movement with the Vandal compared to the ES scouts. Plus, the Vandal just looks and sounds cooler.
  10. DrankTHEKoolaid

Yep and agree.
  11. sustainedfire

Just Auraxiumed the Trap, and now unlocked the Vandal. I have to say, its an enjoyable gun to play.

It has fair damage and good velocity. A lot of automatic guns will beat you down if you try to go head to head, though if you play as a scout/sniper, it works well. Which is nice, since I just came off a long streak of Trapping and am in that mindset of play.

I think a large factor for me is that a nice model and weapon sound go along way towards making a gun fun to use- especially after playing with all the TR same looks and sounds weapon base.

Time to go back to do some Vandalism.
  12. sustainedfire

More time Vandalizing -

The ammo count is a bit low. Its easy to run out of ammo on a streak using the Vandal.
  13. Benevon

Anybody else notice that the dots on the reflex sights on the vandal don't point at the center of the screen? It's not a huge difference and I'm not really sure how much it affects the performance, just thought it was weird.
  14. Captain Kid

thank you. Just bought it and took it out for a spin. Thought it sucked. Then after reading this thread decided it was me.
    I was shooting at moving targets to far away. (bullet drop)
    Tried again, went on a kill streak of 10 and I rarely play infiltrator. Kill stationary enemies or unaware enemies running towards or away from me.

One of the first things I noticed with this game the guns available to all the other classes suck at distance.
    I quickly decided a no zoom scope was best since you can't hit anything further then that anyway.

Why is this and other scout guns not available to (some) of the other classes I really wonder.
    Or..why in gods name give guns like this to an invisible class; no wonder I get killed by infiltrators with the lack of cover all maps have.
  15. palto1826

yeah idk why but all the semi auto VS rifles feel like they have a slight delay when firing but with the vandal, no delay :confused: im guessing its just the way the sounds play but for some reason that impacts me when firing the nyx and not the vandal
  16. HaskoDood

This is my favorite gun now!!! Please do not change it in any way Sony. It is just so cool and powerful. But it needs soft point ammo.
  17. Stinneyt

So, don't change it any way, but change it?
    Are you OK?
    • Up x 1
  18. Souleater

Perhaps he means don't change the gun itself, just the options it has available.

I like the sound of it and the way it handles. I find the 0.75 ADS speed good for closing with the enemy...perhaps I'm not using the gun quite right.

Anyway, this gun is clearly OP as I managed to kill three and a half* people back to back with it. Which is unheard of for me outside of a MAX.

I don't think HA's are expecting an INF to come charging straight at them out of a bush with a scout rifle. :D

*I had to finish one guy off with a knife.
  19. Jake the Dog

Im still waiting on beards so hold your horses and get to becoming a true mountain man!
  20. Erendil

The Vandal and other Semi-auto scouts all fire at 255 RPM.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AuOojvNLMApVdEtIU1NKenEzNzZOSWNaanFqSUVxLWc&type=view&gid=12&f=true&colid0=17&filterstr0=SCOUT RIFLE&colid1=6&filterstr1=Semi&sortcolid=16&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

I prefer the Nyx. [faster bullet + no bullet drop + recoil that goes straight up + faster reloads + superior VS optics] > [.75x ADS movement + better hipfire + bigger mag].

Vandal is better for close-medium range. The ES Semi-auto scouts are better at medium-long range.