Let's go wild with speculation about the april balance patch!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Paperlamp, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Nexus2151

Patch notes:
    Infantry Weapons
    All TR guns now have x999999999 L/R horizontal recoil (lets see you mother ****ers shoot straight now hahahaha) all NC guns now shoot at 1000 RRM because they were obviously underpowered. All VS guns will stay as they are now e.g easy mode.
    Our stats showed that someone manged to hit something with a Striker we don't like this so from now on any time a TR equips a Striker it explodes killing all the TR on the continent but leaving the NC and VS unharmed

Vehicles
    We didn't like the fact the the mosquito could fly so removed that ability it can now only sit in the warp gate uselessly.
    Buffed Reaver guns because FREEDOM, don't worry VS you still have the best easy mode ESF in the game.
    We have noticed that The prowler can damage our precious Vanguards and Magriders so we removed it and replaced it with an ice cream van so our beloved NC can get Ices in the heat of indar.
    Vanguard shield now has no cool down and extended around all NC players everywhere forever because FREEDOM.
    The VS have cried hard enough about the state of the Magrider so we are remove mag burn and replace it with morph into ultimate form which turns a magrider into Optimus Prime for 45 seconds with a 3 second cooldown. We hope this is OP and easymode enough for our VS players but acknowledge they will still cry.

Bug Fixes
    All bugs in the game were fixed for the NC and VS their bugs were transferred to the TR like Herpes.
    All stuttering freezing and server crashing was fixed except for Miller because the TR still win sometimes on MIller.

Signed your devs we are not biased against the TR in anyway honest!

Wild enough for you o_O
    • Up x 3
  2. Shinrah

Magrider gets the VG shield
    Prowler gets the Magburner
    Vanguard gets Anchor
    NC collectively quits the game, changes to VS, overloards the PS boards, demands range increase for all ScatMAX´s.
    • Up x 3
  3. Kronic

This is what happens when you balance off numbers instead of actually using the weapon/playing the game. GD-7F is fine dude.
  4. Matixzun

Sure, you can have big mags, but remember; With great magazines comes great reload time.
    • Up x 2
  5. Rift23

4th faction flocks to TR, VS cries favoritism.
  6. Gav7x

If the vanguard got anchor i would use my NC character again :D
  7. Bape

So let me get this straight you want a TR/VS buff and revamp? lol and seriously buffs to the mercies and blueshift? the best AI at farming in the game real smart.
    • Up x 4
  8. Chubrokoli

You mean
    Magrider gets "MagShield"
    Prowler gets Prowlburn
    Vanguard gets VG-mode = vegetable-mode :D

+old ZOE
    +old Striker
    +more splash to every vehicle weapon
    +old HE
    +old shotguns
    +++ old broken patched things getting buffed again ;)
    • Up x 2
  9. BoomBoom4You

Oh god, if the VS get any buffs, Mattherson is going to be 80% VS :mad:
    • Up x 2
  10. Sarcasmo

Underbarrel Grenade Launcher projectiles no longer vanish into oblivion after flying farther than 50 meters! (pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease)
  11. Thpthpthp

I'm holding out hope for a MCG that isn't terrible.
  12. Luighseach

Vanguard shield will inevitably be changed but I doubt it is this patch.

Pounder nerf
    ZOE revamp.
    All maxes get the Shield
    NC max gets new ablility
    ESF nose gun rebalance for the 100th time.
    Dalton Nerf
    Zephyr Buff
    Shredder Buff(which will be undone the next day)

Honeslty though I bet it will just be a few tweaks here and there
  13. Bindlestiff

• Make AV Turret befit its zero resource cost role and nerf effective range
    • Buff Comet velocity (balance damage output if required)
    • Vulcan damage range / effectiveness extended
    • ZOE max to be revamped to not be a ridiculous "kill me" option. Suggestions to include reduction of damage taken, OR slight increase in movement speed, OR just simply allow it to be turned off once on (but still have the cooldown).
    • Lockdown to be revamped to not be a ridiculous "kill me" option. Suggestions to include allowing 90 degree turns at cooldown intervals, OR perhaps a 'quick undeploy' at the expense of perhaps a longer cooldown and a fraction of health removed (see it like the max ripping their legs away from the lock). Such damage would also stop auto repair kicking in for a prolonged period.
    • Aegis Shield to be revamped to allow offensive capabilities. Suggestions to include shield ramming (seen that suggested before), or a damage absorption mode which stores all the munitions stopped and allows the shield to emit a short range EMP style blast. You could also use the shield like a hoverboard ;)
    • Vanguard shield rebalance
    • Magrider main cannon velocity increase (gonna screw with people who have learned the drop but so be it) OR Magrider main cannon reload increase
    • Magrider main cannon elevation to match that of the other two MBT
    • Magburn to be multi directional OR last for a longer period
    • Prowler lockdown should allow 'quick undeploy' at the expense of perhaps a longer cooldown and a fraction of health removed. Such damage would also stop auto repair kicking in for a prolonged period.
    • More ES abilities for MBT to provide greater loadout options
    • Front mounted anti infantry mowing attachments that actually work
    • Canister to be binned and replaced with an actual weapon
    • Harasser to be given a smidge more resistance vs small arms fire (but absolutely should remain ripped to pieces by MBT and AP weapons)
    • Handbrake for Magrider (and other MBT if they dont already have it)
    • A more futuristic looking HUD for vehicles (think Ironman style)
    • AA turret for Engineer
    • Proper AA for MBT (Skyguard equivalent)
    • AA alternative for Lightning (rockets perhaps?)
    • More health for base turrets OR more base turrets in more strategic positions
    • An actual use for the AI base turret other than sounding great
    • More ES MAX abilities
    • ES MAX AA
    • ES MAX shotguns (TR / VS), ES MAX range weapons (NC) - please NO MORE NS generic nonsense
    • ES small squad transports
    And it wouldn't be a wishlist without
    • Old Saron to make a return
    • Up x 1
  14. Hiding in VR

I know that song ...

"Where have all the good guns gone and where are all the guys .."
  15. LibertyRevolution

I predict the Vanguard shield and its AP velocity are going to meet the balance sledgehammer.
  16. SenEvason

I actually hope they spread them out a bit more. At least to me, it seems like a lot of the infantry weapons feel the same, with only a little bit of variance between them, and maybe a couple extremely unique weapons (battle rifles, SABR, ES heavy weapons). I hope they do some tuning to where switching weapons within a specific weapon class feels more different.
  17. gigastar

Doesnt the GD-7F still have that massive CoF bloom?
    • Up x 1
  18. Paperlamp

No, they made it the same as every other 143 carbine. It was only .1 higher before so not "massive" really, but it did need to be fixed since on a high RoF weapon it makes a significant difference.

Sadly they didn't see any reason to fix the abnormally poor recoil recovery on the Pulsar C while they were at it. :/

They've been primarily balancing based on close ranges for infantry because that's what impacts stats most, so NC has been brought up to par for close ranges if not better now considering the Jackhammer and their strong SMGs and now top tier AR/Carbines for CQC. But they've left NC with a very noticeable advantage for medium range with the best selection of 167 tier guns which in most cases are inherently just better than the lackluster 143 damage and 698-652 RoF style of guns that VS and TR's infantry weapon selection is bogged down with.
  19. Phyr

Swords!

But seriously, Pounder AI needs a nerf, and they need to implement NS medium AI and short range AI weapons for MAXs.

Phaseshift needs a 4x scope. Not going to use it till then.
    • Up x 1
  20. Bindlestiff

Please no more NS stuff, it just dilutes the game.