SOE "Yes we Understand that the AV MAna Turrets are broken"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AbeFR0MAN, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sharmanti

That's actually a good point. Towers could perhaps be only replacable at sunderers or stations. To go to the extreme they could cost infantry points.

I think they should be able to retrieve them. But if it would get destroyed it's bye bye
  2. Littleman

Yeah, this is bull-$#!%. If I can see phoenix missiles reliably because of their 300 meter limit, AV mana turrets shouldn't be any different. For that matter, I should be able to shoot down the latter just as with the former.

Hard limit the turret to 300m, limit the number of times they can drop a turret before they need to visit a hardpoint for resupply, and/or greatly reduce their life so that MAXes aren't softer targets. I prefer the lower HP method: a tank that zeroes in on a deployed turret should absolutely destroy it with a single shell.
  3. Robertooooo

So the solution is making it possible for you to blow up tanks without any risk? And are you serious? It's easy to destroy vehicles with all the AV solutions infantry have at their disposal. If you can't use them properly maybe you should learn to play.

Even if it is so tankers still have to find those 2 pixels and actually hit them.
  4. p10k56

What about that big bag on engi back. Call it nanite generator. Make it certable to increase nanite gain per sec.
    Use this nanite pool to limit ammo on both mana turrets. Also deploy will cost some nanites and if you shoot like there is no tomorrow you will end dry and must wait until your nanites regenerate.
  5. Dragonblood

AI and AV-turrets......envied by any TR-Max unit
  6. MarkAntony

range reduction to 400m + actually rendering = problem fixed (they are very easy to see at 400m (if they render)
    The first part is so easy i don't understand why SOE hasn't done this like 9 months ago.
  7. p10k56

SOE should also revise weapons range on MAX unit and Lancer. Dual ravens is almost walking mana + resistance of max.
  8. GunsmithJoe

AV Mana is strong, but in itself is not excessively overpowered. The problem is the rendering engine not prioritising active turrets and so they get to shoot while effectively invisible to their targets. This prevents any form of retaliation and is clearly a game breaking error. The simplest fix would be to prioritise all Mana turrets to render before all other entities.
  9. Tuco

Hows that "players do everything" plan working out for ya?

yeah, not so well is it.
  10. FlamingSquirrel

Infantry have been getting sniped from out of render range when there are a lot of allies nearby since beta.
    Aircraft have been hit by non-rendered flak fired by non-rendered enemies since beta.
    Now finally tanks have the same problem. Looks like things are finally balanced.

Put a single infiltrator in range of all those turrets, and they'll all be rendered useless. No exaggeration.
    I've kept about 8 turrets suppressed by myself as an Infiltrator before. Well, I say suppressed, what I mean is after the engineers each got shot in the head a time or two, they all just stopped using the turrets.

AV turrets are fine, they're highly situational, often suicidal to use, and encourage the use of combined arms. The only time they're OP is when a column of armour feels they should be able to steamroll everything without any air/infantry backup and without requiring the use of cover.

Tired of hearing tankers crying time and time again about something that everyone else has had to deal with since the game came out, when turrets are rendered completely useless simply by using peek-a-boo tactics - which you should be using anyway. Just because this game has allowed you to sit in the open farming infantry endlessly up to now, doesn't mean that was right.
    • Up x 1
  11. lothbrook

It is impossible for infantry to be killed outisde of render range, and tanks have had this problem all along, it was even worse when lock ons could track past infantry render distance. Honestly i question if you're even playing the same game as the rest of us.
    • Up x 2
  12. Gammit

The only issue I have is the max range and render range. I often start getting hit, then spend the next 5 seconds trying to find the turret. If I'm lucky, I find it, only to realize it's so far away and such a small target that hitting it would be difficult to hit, much less destroy. If I'm unlucky, I just die.
  13. McToast

Moin

I really don't know why it is so hard to fix the turret.

Set a maxlimit for wireguide to 300m, after that the rocket continues on a straight path with a bit drop. Adjust the range after 1-2 weeks depending on if it's OP or UP this way. *sigh*
  14. LibertyRevolution

Look, another guy who is using a force multiplier as a playstyle..
    If all you want to do is sit in a tank all day, world of tanks is that way →

All you guys suggesting limiting the AV turret turret to 300m because phoenix..
    Ok, then give me unlimited zoom, let me not need line of sight, and let me setup my turret anywhere instantly, ok deal?
    Telling me to stand still in the open 300M in front of tank.. that is not balance, that is suicide..

I agree that something needs to be done, that it is not fair to die from something you can't see.
    What I want done is for them to increase the threat level of the AV turret so it doesn't get culled...
    You know, fix the game.. not nerf infantries only worthwhile AV tool.

/rant

I need to to get a coffee now, good morning all.
    • Up x 2
  15. Flapatax

Remember, if you have an HE cannon variant equipped, you deserve it.
  16. DG-MOD-02

I am going to close this thread now. Please remember to keep posts constructive on these forums.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.