Take out Charge.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LT_Latency, Feb 27, 2014.

1. LT_Latency

How is this ability still in the game and why doesn't every one use it. It takes away the maxxes biggest weakness.

You can charge into a mob of 20 people solo without a second though kill a few people and charge away all day long. Getting kill streakers of 30 plus is quite easy. I do the stupidest things because I know I have a get out of jail free card the second things go bad.

Any time a guy runs at me with C4. I just LoL because I am already back at my eng getting fixed before it hits the ground.
  2. f0d

how do you charge in "kill a few people" then charge out when there is a 30 second reuse timer on the ability at max level?
    it takes you 30 seconds to "kill a few people"?
    • Up x 1
  3. PlatoonLeaderG

If they take out Charge.....
    NC are left with Aegis Shield(good)
    VS are left with ZOE(was good,but still 5x better than lockdown)
    TR are left with lockdown........(really you want free kills?)
    • Up x 1
  4. deggy

ZOE is pretty much a straight downgrade from Charge these days, VS MAXes would be free kills too.
  5. LT_Latency

Because you only have to have a few thoughts in your head.

Is charge up??
    Can I make it back to my troops??
    Do I have more then 1/2 health??

As long as it's yes, You pretty much can't die unless you screw up badly. So you just use your first HP bar as the killing window where you can do anything you want
  6. Ash87

Wait? Isn't this still the most used max ability?

I know I don't bother with lockdown unless I am using the chainguns...
  7. HmmOkay

why not take max out as a whole.. its stupidly op and gives kills to the undeserving..
    but yeah, charge is nice, wouldn't say op. you can only walk so far, and a rocketstill hurts and you still need support.

better let it stay as is, before they change it to something ridiculous op only to nerf it 2 months later.
    • Up x 2
  8. RemusVentanus

Complete and utter BS. Go back to CoD already....
    • Up x 1
  9. Hoki

Max isn't at all designed to be balanced, so there's no point discussing balance.
  10. z1967

Lol, you want the ability to run away nerfed. They cannot:
    -shoot whilst charging
    -stop whilst charging
    Meaning that a well thought out placement of C4 or a good ole decimator to the face will stop any charging/retreating MAX. So, lol nope.
  11. LT_Latency

If you can get a 30+ kill going with a max with charge you are bad bad player
  12. LT_Latency

No it's a 100% get out of jail free card. That is what makes it strong. You can try stupid stupid stuff and go to crazy spots knowing you can escape and return the second things go bad.

You don't have to be plan or be smart, You are not punished for going to a spot that is a huge mistake.

When all the maxxes are sitting back going PEW PEW from saftey you can run by and push forward know you are safe.
  13. z1967

Its not a 100% escape plan. You have no ability to retaliate if shot making it a choice between fight or flight. You might escape, but you might also get gunned down or shot with a rocket. It has its uses but it is not something that I would nerf or tweak.
  14. Akeita

All of em' is situational.
  15. Regpuppy

Fixed
  16. DeadlyShoe

Charge is great at charging into things and being used offensively.

You can also use it to run away, but people who primarily use it for this don't change the flow of combat much because they're mostly kill farming.
  17. LT_Latency

It so fast you will almost always escape. It lets you take insane risks and chase down people who have no chance. as long as you use it right it will take a direct rocket hit to kill you which usually won't be ready in time because they guy is reloading.

When a C4 player gets close to me and pulls out C4. I just LOL hit charge and disapear before he can use it

The max should be slow IMO.
  18. LT_Latency

Yeah you do, Because you can keep pushing in over and over. Eventually you will get a sweet spot where you can rain down death. This is what makes it strong. The risks you can take without consequence go through the roof
  19. PlatoonLeaderG

Still,you can use 1)Aegis to close down to an enemy and 2)reload while you are protected

I m sorry i didnt meant that Aegis is the best ES max ability ever,i just wanted to say its better than ZOE and lockdown
    • Up x 1
  20. DeadlyShoe

Sure that's powerful, but it doesn't actually change the flow of combat. They're still fundamentally doing attrition combat.

Removing charge would be a big nerf to max crashing. Even if it made it harder to kill farm I don't think it's worth it.

Greatly restricting the ability to turn while charging might help make it worse at running away though, if that's what you're after.