Auraxian Rhapsody - parody :)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Inlex, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Inlex

Hey guys!

I made a parody of queens Bohemian Rhapsody, called Auraxian Rhapsody (quelle surprise) and I wanted to share it with you guys. I wrote this about a half a year ago, but never really got around to making a video for it. I was hoping to publish anyway, before Sony actually came around to fixing EVERYTHING I had parodied in the lyrics ;)

The lyrics are just made for a bit of fun, so don't take them too seriously. (neither fans, nor devs ;)) I hope you guys enjoy it! Full lyrics are in the video itself and at the description on youtube. I wrote and sang it all myself, so don't be too harsh :p

Find me on Woodman for suggestions or comments (Vanu:gamertag Inlex, NC gamertag Sunbleached or TR Ladwithoutbordersorbrain (don't ask))

let me know what you think!

(PS :this is a shameless repost, but I realised nobody ever reads the off-topic forums, so here it is. Technically, it discusses gameplay issues in the lyrics :p )
    • Up x 32
  2. NinjaTurtle

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  3. NinjaTurtle

Best 2 lines in that whole opus were

"Easy kill, easy mode, lets the rockets go, THE STRIKER"

"I really must note though, that open Vanu helmets dumb to me" So bloody true, I always felt bad when I got killed by someoen wearing one of those
    • Up x 1
  4. M4L4CH1TE

OK! I just blew out my pretty purple spandex laughing at that! Good Show!
    • Up x 3
  5. Trudriban

Bless you OP
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  6. Acceleratio

Damn man KUDOS How long did it take you to do that! It gave me a few really good laughs! :D
    • Up x 1
  7. z1967

I can't stop laughing this was too good. Well done!
    • Up x 1
  8. Pouk3D

Spectacular! :)
  9. Inlex

Spent about 30 hours on the recording. About 50 in total (including editing, etc)

Thanks for all the kudo's. I'll be sure to keep them safe ! :D
  10. AltF4Fun

When do you plan to release your first album? Thats awsome:)
    • Up x 1
  11. DashRendar

12. OMGSquirrel

Planetside 2 is normally so serious a game! Thank you for the laughs they were refreshing. :)
    • Up x 1
  13. HLM

Very nice, well done.
    • Up x 1
  14. RasFW

I liked it, unliked it, then re-liked it again. Amazing job!
    • Up x 1
  15. Sulsa

THIS. IS. GOLD.
    • Up x 1
  16. Sulsa

Ok, on a serious note, thank you for putting this in the main forums. I would have missed it.
    I hope you take the time and find some Ultra level video footage to edit into some sort of video montage to compliment the lyrics. I'm sure you could wrangle a bunch of the people here to submit video footage that matches the lyrics.

"I see a silhouette of an Infiltrator"
    "He's a ******"
    "He's a ******"

Just ROFL perfect!

Next question:
    Why are you playing Planetside 2 when you should be working on another song?
    • Up x 2
  17. Inlex

thanks for your feedback! I really wanted to make a vid, but as you stated, it needs Ultra settings to be the best. SInce OMFG, I manage to get to mid-high settings at best. Footage for this would be greatly appreciated. Especially for the parts about strikers (since I don't own one and only just started my first TR character) but other things as well. I would be glad to edit it to a video, just can't really produce the footage myself.

if this proves to be an actual success, I will probably make more of the like, cause I did have a lot of fun doing it. Depends a bit on feedback, but that's been overwhelmingly positive so far. I remember my own outfit nearly **** their pants laughing back when I first recorded this :D
  18. bodmans

This is amazing. You win all of my internets for the rest of the week
  19. gloowa

24 carat gold man! amazing job!
  20. Acceleratio

Speaking of queen . I have always dreamed about a Planetside music video featuring "FLASH" and "the invisible Man" :D
    • Up x 2