Since a few weeks or so My FPS are back to ( Pre OMFG ) Optimisation

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Stew360, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Stew360

I dont know whats is going on lately , but my fps are back to 30ish to 40ish in the big fight with my setting be lowered a little instead of having 45 to 60 even in big fight , most of my friends and few in game players state to have the exact same problems , so whats is going on ?

Did SOE roll back something after OMFG ? Because so far m performance are back to the almost unoptimised version of Ps2 , is this issue is know is SOE work on something to improove our fps once agains ?

I would really like to understand whats happening
    • Up x 3
  2. Draylynn

I've noticed the last few patches have killed my game performance (freezes/FPS).
    No there's nothing wrong with my pc, GFX temps are perfectly normal (NVidia 780 TI) , IO performance is great (SD raid) with no errors, all memory (GFX/MB) has been tested with no problems. Only effects Planetside 2.

The occasional client freezes (server/client sync?) are becoming more and more frequent (used to be once every 10mins, now it's more like 3 times every 5 mins), yet connection is perfectly fine with anywhere between 30~80ms and absolutely no packet loss.

I normally run max settings, but I've had to start turning things off to alleviate the issue, to no effect.

Alas, my subscription will still not renew. I'm all up for subscribing or 'supporting' as the care-bears call it, but not with this many problems and with absolutely no answers.
    What is going on?
  3. TrackStyleH2

Hi,

I can't play PS2 too since 2-3 days because fps turn around 10- 30 in all graphic modes. My processor is at 90 % all time ...
    Before i could easily play the game in ultra with 40-60 and in fights ...
  4. Scure

Same. After PU1 and even PU2, i had much better FPS. I barely saw my FPS under 30 in a medium sized battle. Now it's again low (20-40FPS)...
    I think its not worth it to optimize the game for months... Its just a little bit better... At least the game is much more stable now and the loadings are faster too.

MY PC:
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 3,4Ghz
    Sapphire HD6870 1GB
    4GB RAM
  5. Stew360

Mine is
    MY PC:
    Intel i-5 2500k @4.6ghz
    Gtx 680 DcuII top 4ghz ddr5
    24GB RAM
  6. Chowley

Also having issues here. Last patch seemed to make it worse again, going down to the 20s again, which has not happened since before OMFG updates
  7. PlayerOneSVK

I got HUGE fps drops in EXPLOSIONs after patch
  8. sicsoo

same. lost 5-8fps in big fights.
  9. equinub

Actually it was worse last patch overall.

Unfortunately in certain scenarios like being spammed with shells or rockets fps will absolutely die.

Why? Because the undid the particles fix from previous patch.

Client desync noticed more of on briggs. very annoying.
  10. Lethal_Sting

I'll have to throw in my ticket as well.

And this has only happened in the last 2 weeks or so, I'd say. Before then, even if frames dipped below 40s, it still felt fine. Now, I looked at my frames after a good fight, and they were reading 45-55. But it felt like <30.
  11. Stew360

I dont know wich build and wich thing as been mess up but all i know is yes if i put my particules back to ultra i got insane drop when explosion happen like 1 fps , also once in a while everybody i know got a frame that stutter and jam every few minute or so , but when it happen in the middle of a firefight well your pretty much dead because of that ... also overall FPS in big figths seams to have go down for X reason
  12. Gorganov

Same here. Although I don't have the stuttering issues I had before, I am down to 27-30 fps during big fights (was getting around 45 fps). I feel like the performance dropped after the ESF update, but i'm not exactly sure.
    • Up x 1
  13. Stew360

Same not sure when it happen exactly because fps vary a lots depending on location and numbers of players , but in the last few weeks ive seen a huge drop of performance and when look at my performance FPS wise iam back to Pre OMFG performance and i really dont get why is that ... Since after OMFG and the few weeks after i was getting 50 to 60 fps even with shadow maxs out now even with shadow on medium or low i still get some huge fps drop and werid stutter issue every few minutes my frame lock for about 0.5 sec like a ( freez ) and something like 80% of my outfit members are experiencing the same ..
    • Up x 1
  14. Gorganov

SOE could we get a response to this? It's a real bummer that after all that time improving performance, we are back to pre OMFG fps... basically a huge waste of time.

Framerates for me only drop around large fights. I'm not getting stuttering like other players are reporting, but I also get random CTD since after the ESF update, which never happened before. I *was* having an issue equipping the new ESF weapons in the VR, not anymore. Wondering if this had something to do with it...
  15. 3asyD

Same for me too :-(
  16. UnexpectedSquirrel

Has anyone figured out what causes this? It didn't start happening to me until a couple days ago.
  17. 3asyD

Bump

SOE could we get a response please?
  18. shuffl2me

this is the problem im having every explosion causes me to do drop to about 25fps. been going though the loops with SoE and best they could come up with was AVG causing it -_- pathetic really
  19. notw2

Mine as well FPS is back to where it was Before the OMFG patch. I can not play like this
  20. Hegenov

I didnt see any SOE response in such threads, that would be any useful. And there is no point to post here your pc specs, because they kinda "bode tea leaves" .
    If someone had good framerate and now its unplayable, then it is obvious that patches broke the game, and it is much more than just memory leak, but i dont expect anyone form SOE to admit it.
    That should pause alle their job on changing stuff and entirely focus on fixing framerate and crash issues.

Im not gonna play and spend any one cent on this game until this will not be resolved.
    it is shame that they launch second WDS in such times.... shame...