What is wrong with this game?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by IDC_, Feb 21, 2014.

1. IDC_

Tonight i played on the new amerish and everything worked fine.

I used esf and liberators, deploy, squad deploy and instant action to get fast from one base to another to get the points for the tier 2 reward. After that i switched to indar for a biolab alarm.
    3 hours without any problems then the game crashed after the alarm ended.
    i thought finally a working patch.

today i decided to collect some new wds points for week 3.

i changed my setting from fullscreen-windowed to fullscreen, because in windowed mode the nights in this game are so dark that they are almost unplayable and the ingame brightness only affects fullscreen.

we capture a base, i spawn a flash to drive to the next. half of the way the game freezes. i alt-tab out and back in and can continue playing (i'm surprised because in windowed mode tabbing back does not work).

at the next base we get defeated and i chose to redeploy.
    my monitor gets no signal and i have to hardreset my computer.

i remember that THIS was the cause i played in windowed mode.
    so i change the settings back to windowed mode.

after this i join my outfits platoon that is in indar while i'm at the amerish warpgate. i hit squad deploy and the game crashes.

next try i warp to indar and spawn an esf to fly to allatum biolab. i get killed by an AA lightning outside the lab. i decide to respawn at the biolab and the game freezes.

next login i join a squad who's leader is at the biolab. i use squad deploy and get ported into the vehicle bay under the lab. i make three steps and BLUESCREEN. (forgot to restart the game after a freeze, but one time i could play without it)

make it again to the biolab, sit there for about an hour in the spawn room (wds grinding, tired of trying to play). enemy takes over the base. respawn CRASH.

a side note:
    fullscreen mode - days are to bright (tested at 0.3)
    windowed mode - nights are to dark

TL;DR
    playing during offtime (late night/early morning) the game runs fine, playing during primetime is almost impossible due to crashes, freezes and even bluescreen
  2. Chivalry

Your specs hover around the bare minimum (with a below minimum-requirement processor, and this game is CPU intensive) and you're playing it on medium detail. Try it on 100% low, and lower your resolution.

Crashing during prime time implies that your system cannot handle the game when there are more people to process.

If you want the game to run successfully, you'll need to upgrade.
  3. IDC_

i KNOW my pc is barely able to play the game.
    (on the other side i don't have fps drops after every patch/fix like players with high end rigs have)

- my settings are all on low/off except the GraphicsQuality which i have to set to medium to see cloaked infiltrators (else the are completely invisible)

- if i change it to low OR high my fps are still the same o_O only RenderQuality changes my fps and i set it to lowest.

- i don't want more fps (lowering resolution) i want a more stable game.

- after the patch i crashed after every first spawn or deploy but only during primetime, before i could play 60-100 minutes without a crash

- during offtime i can deploy every time the timers ended, can use aircrafts, change continents without crashes, at primetime each of thos can cause a crash

- if i play during off time i can still participate in larger battles without crashing.

- player with high end rigs have crashes too if they use esf/deploy or look at the map

- the game crashes if the (login) SERVERS are unable to handle all the users

- even the EU SERVERS crashed during primetimes

yes my pc is not good, but during primetimes the SERVERS can't handle the game and make even high end rig players crash.
  4. Chivalry

Most people don't experience the crashes you describe. I have a mid-range rig, and I don't crash more than once or twice a week at most (I can't remember the last time it crashed for me) and never has it prompted a BSOD.
  5. IDC_

i play since december 2012 and i'm used to crashes because outofmemory every hour on primetime or after 3 hours on offtime.

but when i just restarted the pc logged in and spawn/deploy the first time - thats new after the latest patch.

BSOD only happens since PU2. that's when the game started to crash my graphics driver randomly. and i tested like 10 different versions.
    then it just freezes my screen but not the game.
    If i start the game again without rebooting my PC first it will end in a BSOD sometimes.

since the last patch and the release of the latest nvidia driver a lot of people experience this. but in a different way (black screen, no monitor signal) because they use a newer windows version thats capable of reloading a crashed graphics driver.
  6. MasonSTL

Would that be a problem with your GPU? I don't really know for sure just throwing it out there. Wouldn't getting black screen/no monitor signal be a tel tail that your GPU is over heating and is shutting itself down or would your system just shut down from that?
  7. Chivalry

How long you've been playing isn't relevant. I'm more surprised that it took you almost a year after you started playing to create a forum account. I typically create forum accounts while downloading a game, so feel free to see how long I've been around.

Then that's the video card driver's fault. Nvidia will come out with a patch for that. The more you describe it, the more I'm convinced that your current troubles are with your video card.
  8. customer548

Hi, IDC_ .

I played PS2 during almost a year. Having more and more crashes,bugs,Blue screens.
    I lost a lot of time checking what would be the reason of it,checking hardware and stuff.

I was running the game on Windows XP.
    I finally did a simple thing: downloading a trial version of Windows 7 64 bits. Just in order to check if there would be any improvement while playing Ps2.

And then i never had any other Blue screen,now the game may only crash something like 1 time per week. No more bug,crash or Blue screen.

This game is now made for running on 64 bits OS. (If i remember well,a Dev said that they would leave XP support during this year.)

You should REALLY try a 64 bits OS,even a trial ^^.

Hope that i have been of any help. Have fun.